Chapter Twenty Eight

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eun Bi’s POV

“How are you feeling?” Joon Myeon turned to look at me. We were on the airplane halfway to our honeymoon destination.

Our parents had arranged for us to spend a week in Japan. I’ve never really been there so it’s going to be a first for me and I can say I’m pretty excited.

“For the hundredth time, I’m perfectly fine. Don’t worry so much nothing is going to happen. The doctor said it’s ok for us to fly and we’ve already gotten the appropriate measures.” Due to my pregnancy we had to take some measures for our travel. We talked with the doctor and everything that needed to be done and so now, a day after our marriage we’re going to enjoy our newlywed days.

It’s really funny seeing Joon Myeon worry like this, but sometimes it kind of gets annoying too, although I do love the attention.

“Well I can’t help but worry. What if something happens while we’re here and then there’s nothing for us to do about it?”

“Nothing is going to happen, stop worrying so much already.” I leaned closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. “Let’s just enjoy our time in Japan and not let it be ruined.” I felt his head rest on top of mine and I knew my words did something for him.

There was an hour left for our flight to come to an end but I could already feel myself drift to sleep, especially since Joon Myeon’s hugs were so warm and comfortable.

The last thing I remember was the sky we were looking at and the comfort Joon Myeon provided me.

~~~

“Eun Bi, we’re here” I opened my eyes, looking around me. I was kind of confused as to where we were but then I remembered. We were on the airplane and we had just landed in Japan.

Everyone was up and ready to exit the plane while Joon Myeon had his backpack on his back, waiting for me to get up.

“When did we even arrive?” I got up carrying my own small bag, still feeling a bit sleepy and tired. We soon headed outside, Joon Myeon was carrying our bags.

We hadn’t taken many clothes with us since we were only going away for a week and thus there were not many luggage we needed to carry. Then again the only thing I was allowed to lift was the bag with the snacks.

He had been here before so he knew where we’d be going and for us to go to the hotel we’d have to take a taxi.

“I can’t believe I’m actually seeing Japan for the first time!” all of the years that I’ve lived the only places I’ve been to was Korea. Now seeing a new place is sure refreshing, plus I’ll be making more good memories with Joon Myeon. Maybe if we don’t succeed I can hold on dearly to those memories until I meet him again.

“Is this the first time you’re travelling?” He asked me, on one hand holding our luggage and on the other reaching for my hand. I’ve noticed lately that whenever there’s a chance for him to hold my hand, he will. How I wish we’d be doing this forever…

“Yep! And honestly just from this little I’m super excited. Will you please take me everywhere?”

“Well if you’re this cute I’ll take you even to the universe.” how did I even manage to fall for a man like this, he’s so corny sometimes but I love it at the same time.

I suppose this is why we’re meant to be together.

“But we’ll start tomorrow. Today we really have to rest, we’ve been traveling for five hours and I bet you feel as tired as I do, maybe even more”

“Well, you’re kind of right there. Bring me a bed and I think I’ll sleep there for at least three days”

“Look at you giving up so early” I raised an eyebrow and he laughed “What? I thought you wanted to see everything here” and I laughed too.

I was feeling so happy actually that the only thing I wanted to do was smile. Maybe sleep shouldn’t be my priority after all.

“I’m not giving up you fool, our child is”

“Excuses miss, you’re already scared of the adventure that’s to follow”

“Don’t challenge me”

“Or else?” damn, I love playful Joon Myeon so much.

Joon Myeon had come closer stopping right in front of me. For a moment it felt like he was going to kiss me, but he did no such thing, as if he expected it to happen from my side. “So, where did the adventurous Eun Bi go?”

Oh so he really is challenging me.

“You’re very lucky that we’re in public and that I’m tired.” I stepped away from him and went towards the taxis that were already parked outside the airport.

The taxi driver helped Joon Myeon put our bags on the trunk and then we headed to our hotel. He could speak fluent Japanese, something I’d never seen him do and honestly, he sounded so good.

“I didn’t know you could speak Japanese” I told him on our way to our destination and I could see a smirk forming on his lips.

“Did I impress you?” I nodded and then laid my head on his shoulder. I could still feel very sleepy from our trip but I didn’t want to fall asleep just yet.

So I kept staring outside from the window, the city looked so beautiful that I somehow wished we’d stay here forever. I knew that was not possible, our job was basically waiting for us, not only that but our life too had to move on. After all I had a goal to achieve and if I can’t do it yet again, then I’ll have to start all over.

My mind keeps on thinking about our past lives, no matter how hard I try to forget those horrible days they’re still so vividly written on my mind. I hate our fate so much, yet I’m so thankful that Joon Myeon and I are meant to be.

Sometimes I even think if it’ ok for us to be together, maybe if I don’t stay beside him then he won’t have to suffer another death in the hands of our cruel destiny. My selfishness though doesn’t let me be away from him and even if I was, how do I know it’s the solution?

I’ve asked the Time Controller before, but he didn’t tell me, as if the truth was going to hurt me either way.

“What are you thinking? You suddenly look sad” I looked at his face, for a moment there I needed to cry but I had to hold it in and lie.

Telling him won’t do, he’ll only suffer through the pain just as I do and I’d rather he goes happy from this cruel world.

“I’m just wondering if we can ever more to Japan for good.” Maybe this could be the solution to keep him alive, then again this might be another delusion of mine. “It’s so beautiful here, as if it’s another world”

“We could do anything you like.” he reached out for my hand to hold it in his. “I could open an office here, I know the language so it won’t be a problem. Then we’ll be living here for however long you’d like.” he caressed my hand so softly as if he was trying to show how much he loved me. “I wouldn’t mind following you even to the end of the world”

How could I even keep my tears in when he’s saying stuff like this? How can I be apart from him yet again. I really don’t think I can handle it this time.

He’s saying he’s going to follow me everywhere, but I don’t want him to. All I want is for him to live happily.

“Hey, why are you crying?”

“Your words were so touching I just had to. Let me be right now and let’s just enjoy our ride” And enjoy we did. He’d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter