Chapter Nine

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eun Bi’s POV

Once again I arrived at the office before Mr. Kim and as always prepared everything for him. His coffee was ready along with some of his favorite biscuits.
I sat down on my chair turning my computer on and read all the cases pending for this week. Kim Jong In’s case was finally done and his name cleared.
Mr. Kim had worked so hard for him that he took yesterday off, I still came to work though and did as I’d normally do.

By now it’s been a week and a few days, after the talk we had and I’ve noticed a certain change in Kim Joon Myeon’s behaviour, he’d been more distant.
Part of me thought, the change was due to his busy schedule but deep inside, I knew he was avoiding me because of what happened.

I sighed and took my phone. I had a photo of Joon Myeon and me at an event we attended two years ago.
We were both stating at the camera with a smile. He doesn’t normally smile that way, but that day we had a lot of fun.
As usual, I’d be by his side and that day we had danced a lot, we were forced of course by the organizer of the event as he’d hoped all young people would hype the night, and so Mr. Kim and I danced and we danced again and again until we couldn’t feel our feet. I think back then Mr. Kim must have felt something about me but I was wrong… as always.

Even now I was so wrong to think we could go back to how we were. Right now I’m a burden to him.

I left my phone down on my table and covered my face with my hands. Why am I so bad at making this man mine?
My previous lives had no problem. In fact in two of them, we were married and in one we had a child, a son who looked just like Joon Myeon.

I sighed, feeling frustration inside me and brushed my hair behind with my fingers, only to come face to face with Mr. Kim.

“Goodmorning Mr. Kim” I got up to greet him. His face was blank, no expression that could tell me how he felt. In his hand I noticed a paper cup of coffee and immediately knew my efforts went to waste.

“Goodmorning” he nodded his head curtly and proceeded to go inside his office.

Once the door closed behind him I sighed feeling my heart dropping, as I was sure Joon Myeon ignored me because of what happened.
I wanted to cry but I bit the inside of my cheek, tasting blood.
I got up, folder on my hands and headed inside. I was feeling so down I didn’t even knock on his door. He raised his eyes to look at me.

“I’m going to inform you on your new cases, Mr. Kim” He nodded but said no word and so I began the way I’d always do. “This is the first one, the person committed fraud against our client and so he wants to sue him. Following our next client wants to consult you, his son is in jail for theft of course I have to inform you he’s a CEO, so you see how that’s going to help us in a way”

I talked about all our cases, Joon Myeon was paying full attention to me and for that I was grateful.

“Thank you Ms. Song” I nodded my head and left all the papers I had on his desk.

I glanced at the untouched coffee and without waiting I took the cup from there and left without sparing a glance at Kim Joon Myeon, heading to the brake room I threw the content down the sink and watched it go down the drain.
For some kind of reason I felt empty.
What the was I doing damn it.
I wasn’t working here for the job, the reason I’m here now is Kim Joon Myeon yet I went and acted all professional on him.

Should I just confess tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter