Chapter Twenty

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eun Bi’s POV

Today I was feeling much better. I wasn’t dizzy anymore and my morning sickness has almost gone away. That’s why the first thing in my mind was to return to work.
I hadn’t told Joon Myeon that I was going back, but at this point it doesn’t really matter. I’m going to do my job no matter what that means. After all life is boring without doing something and not seeing Joon Myeon every hour of the day is kind of infuriating to me. I’m way too used to having him by my side.

I entered our office building. Two of the junior lawyers we had got up from their seats and greeted me.

“Ms. Song. How are you feeling?” Shin Se Yeon is one amazing woman. When it comes to her work she immediately turns into a true , making everyone shut up, but behind closed doors she’s the sweetest woman I’ve ever seen in my life. She’s older than me that’s why many times she’d stand up to me whenever a client of ours would go berserk.

“I’m doing much better, no need to worry”

“Of course we’d worry about you.” she paused looking at me from head to toe. “Let’s go and eat together later, you look pale” oh if you knew why.
I was starting to feel a bit dizzy, that’s why I promised to eat together and then I went inside Joon Myeon’s office, taking my usual place.

The moment I saw the documents on my desk, I freaked out. Why are there so many things to take care of, how long have I even been gone for? Damn Joon Myeon really can’t manage things himself, can he?
I picked all the papers up and divided them into sections by the content of each case. Soon I noticed that Joon Myeon wasn’t in his office yet so I waited and went on with my work.

I got up from my seat sensing that Joon Myeon would be here in a while and made his coffee as usual and placed it as I always do on top of his desk.
Even his room looks messier than ever, papers thrown all over his desk and a few folders on the floor, so I picked everything up and fixed it like I’d normally do.
The moment I went out from there, I came face t0 face with him, I immediately smiled.

“Goodmorning Mr. Kim. I made your coffee as usual and also cleaned your case files. I’ll soon come in and give you the cases you’ve yet to see.”
He looked surprised and I couldn’t blame him. In his mind he had though that I wouldn’t come back to work yet.

“Eun Bi… what are you doing here?”

“I’m obviously back to work” my back was now against the door of his office, and Joon Myeon was merely a few centimeters away from me. Not that I didn’t like it, in fact I quite enjoyed the distance between us but I knew deep in my mind that it’s not the case… it’s not what I want it to be.

He grabbed my hand and made me enter his office. In my eyes he looked a bit angry but I wouldn’t really understand why.
I don’t think I did something that should infuriate him…

“Why are you back? You shouldn’t be working in your situation!” what…

“I’m pregnant, not disabled. You do realize that don’t you?” he sighed and let go of my hand. The fact that he’s so mad about something like this makes me just as angry. But I’m not complaining the way he is.
I’m simply not going to give up my job. I don’t want to stop seeing Joon Myeon the way I am now. I want to be more involved in his life than he wants me to and this baby is not going to stop that.

“This job is very stressful. I saw how hard it can be handling all those papers and trying to find evidences in favor of our clients. I don’t want you to be put in this kind of environment, not only for you but for our child as well. That’s why please… take a maternity leave and I’m going to take care of everything for you”

“I’m not gonna let you do that. I can take care of myself. That’s why don’t even bring this up. And just so you know, if you stop me from working here, then I’m going to find another job and that’s not going to be in an office” I turned around to leave but before I exited his room I spoke one last time “I’ll be outside Mr. Kim”

How can he say that… I understand that he’s scared but he doesn’t have to worry that much. After all I would never put this child in danger.
Sighing I went back to the work I had left in the middle. Even though we bickered I still have to do my work for him. I feel better doing so.
Even seeing his face makes me feel better actually, how I wish this could last forever.

Joon Myeon’s POV

Having Eun Bi here is really good, especially when she’d doing all the paperwork that take up most of my time.
But I can’t just see her tire herself. After going through all of that I know first hand how stressful it can get handling the needs of our law firm and I don’t want her to go through that.

That’s why I’d rather have her somewhere safe. I had hoped she’d stay at her house but I couldn’t have been more wrong in my entire life. Eun Bi doesn’t want to stay put and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter