Chapter Twenty Four

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Joon Myeon’s POV

I was sitting outside the emergency room, they had taken Eun Bi inside for a while now. Family was not allowed inside and so I had to wait alone, hearing no updates whatsoever and that was scaring the out of me.
Horrible ideas kept appearing in my head and I didn’t know what was worse.
Losing our child would be devastating, but somehow that seemed better than losing them both.

I can’t believe I’m even thinking like this but I won’t be fine if Eun Bi gets hurt. I don’t want her gone especially now that I’ve realized my feelings for her.

“Joon!” my parents run up to me, I had called them when I felt I needed someone beside me. I had also called her parents and they were on their way.

“Mom” both of them sat beside me, my mother was holding my hand tightly and I was so glad they were there.
Soon her parents arrived too, along with two other girls. I recognized the one as Eun Bi’s cousin.

“Joon Myeon, do we have any updates from the doctor?” I shook my head and just waited patiently for the doctor to come out and tell me that both of them were fine.
Please be safe…

“How did this even happen?” her father asked, worry in his eyes, I felt responsible for everything. In fact I am responsible for this. Had I not ignored her feelings just so I could figure out how I felt, nothing would have happened.
We’d be at our house, eating dinner that I’d made for her, laughing at the TV shows until she would fall asleep on my shoulder.

That’s what we’ve been doing for as long as she’s staying with me and I love that.

“She suddenly started having strong abdominal pain, she was in pain for about half an hour until she said she couldn’t take it anymore. Now we’re waiting.” We all stayed silent, until a nurse came out from the emergency room.

“Who is Mrs. Song Eun Bi’s family?” I got up and rushed to the nurse’s side the moment I hear Eun Bi’s name.

“How is she?” the nurse smiled and told me to follow her inside. That smile in her face showed me that everything was fine. Eun Bi was well and so was our baby.
Once I was inside I saw Eun Bi laying on the bed and I ran to her side, immediately holding her hand.
“Eun Bi, how are you? How do you feel? What happened?”

“Don’t worry Joon, nothing happened. The doctor said it’s because of stress that my stomach started hurting. Now I’m good though, nothing to do with the baby” All the worries left me. Eun Bi is fine and it’s all that matters here.

“Does this mean we’re ok to go home?”

“I think so” even though she said that, Eun Bi avoided eye contact with me.
I felt bad for that and didn’t want the same thing to happen again. That’s why I let go of her hand and wrapped my arms around her fragile body. Perhaps that’s how she felt in my arms.

The fear from before was back, I needed them to tell me that Eun Bi was fine. Even though it hadn’t been long since we started living together I was way too used to Eun Bi being around me and the idea of us having a child is so pleasant.
In all honesty, I can’t wait till I hold our baby in my arms, the same way I’m holding Eun Bi right now.

“You have no idea how scared I was. For a moment I thought I was going to lose you.” she wrapped her arms around my waist. “I’m so glad you’re fine”

“I was scared too. What if we lost the child because of me”

“It’s not your fault Eun Bi, if I hadn’t stressed you nothing would happen.” at that she stayed silent.
I felt like I wanted to tell her that I was an idiot to not see eye to eye with my own feelings but telling her now will only seem as a lie. A lie I’d say for her own sake. I didn’t want her to think that way.
I need to wait just a little bit.

“I see you’re better now Mrs. Song” the doctor appeared in front of us, a smile on his face. “Does your stomach hurt?”

“Not anymore doctor”

“That’s great. You know when you told us you’re pregnant we got scared but luckily nothing is wrong with the fetus. However I suggest you stay here for a day just in case we missed something.”
So this means we’re not going home yet…
Then again it’s better for them to keep an eye on her, better safe than sorry.
”I’ll prepare the papers for you to be admitted for a day, in about ten minutes you’ll be moved to a room, ok?”

“Thank you” I gave him my hand and soon the doctor left. “So this means you’ll be staying here.” Eun Bi nodded her head.

“Apparently yes. I think it’s better.” she turned her head the other way, still avoiding eye contact.
Gosh, why was I such a fool all this time? I should have realized sooner my feelings for this woman.
“Joon Myeon, is my mom here?” i nodded “That’s great, she can stay with me today you can go home and rest tomorrow you have another case that you should win and also there’s a meeting you should attend with Mr. Son at 12 o’clock. You should go rested”

“Stop…” i was annoyed. When we were here in this kind of situation, Eun Bi still worried about me. She shouldn’t do that. “Think about yourself first and then look at me, please” her head dropped and she bit her lip with a guilty expression on her face.
Also there’s no way I’m leaving you alone here. I’ll sleep beside you and then tomorrow I’ll go to my work. There’s no way I won’t be beside you”

“My mom can stay… you really don’t have to do this.” I sighed and just looked at her.
”After all, I want to stay with her a bit, the wedding is just a week away and I didn’t really have the time to talk one on one with her. That’s why…”

I felt like that was not the reason she wanted her mom beside her. I understand completely but a part of me just wanted to hold her hand while she fell asleep. I wanted to make sure her night would be peaceful and nothing would wake her up.
I wanted to protect her.
No matter how bad I wanted to stay with her though, I couldn’t just do something she doesn’t want me to.

“Fine… but tomorrow I’ll come immediately here. Ok?” she nodded her head and for the first time this day she gave me that smile of hers that fills me with warmth…

The nurses soon came and we moved Eun Bi to her room, my parents left as soon as they saw that she was fine while both of her parents decided to stay with her.
I on the other hand staye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter