Chapter Twenty Six

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Joon Myeon’s POV

I took in a deep breath and tried to adjust to the light coming in the room. My head was in pain and so I reached to my bedside for my medicine. As always thanks to Eun Bi it was there along with a bottle of water.

The moment I thought about her I couldn’t help but smile, tomorrow we were going to get married and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited.
I looked to my left side and saw Eun Bi sleeping peacefully, her back turned to me, her hair tied up in a messy bun and the blanket covering her up to her waist.

The day I confessed to her was probably the best thing I’ve done in a while. Ever since that day we haven’t stopped being affectionate to one another and I can say I’m feeling very happy.
I approached Eun Bi’s side slowly, not wanting to wake her up and with another swift movement I covered her upper body with the blanket.

“You’re up?” Eun Bi turned around her eyes half closed from the sleep.

“Did I wake you up? I’m sorry” she smiled at me and wrapped her arms around my torso.

“Don’t worry I’ve been up for about ten minutes. You might have not noticed from my amazing morning breath but I actually came back from a small vomit session with the bathroom.” her morning sickness has been so bad since yesterday. I thought that today she’d be a bit better.

“Is our little one torturing you?”

“A tiny bit. I’m going to have a one on one talk with him once he comes out though, just you wait” I kissed the top of her head.

“How do you know it’s going to be a he?”

“Let’s call it a mother’s instinct, I just feel it in my guts”

“Pity, I wanted a daughter” she looked at me demanding a reason as to why “Well, I imagine her with her small pigtails running around the house with her tiny dress calling dad! Of course she’ll have to look like you too” She burst out laughing and hugged me even tighter.

I never knew I’d love this kind of sensation so much.

“But I want our child to look just like you. I want him to have your lips, your eyes and your cute nose”

“Nooo I want him to be like you” Eun Bi glared at me as if telling me to shut up.

“Are you really going to argue with a pregnant lady? And come on, enough laying around. We have an office to attend”

“Oh come on, tomorrow is our wedding. Can’t we just stay home and enjoy our day? After all we’re going to be separated at night”

She rolled her eyes and with a kiss on my cheek she got up, throwing the blanket over my head. I removed it soon enough to see her running off to the living room like a penguin.
Again, confessing to her is the most clever thing I’ve done in a while.

Even though I wanted to wait a bit, the other day when we were watching the movie we had come so close to each other and it was so natural that I couldn’t really wait anymore.
I already knew about her feelings so what was there to even wait.

“Joon Myeon, get up!” with a sight I did as instructed and went to the kitchen in order to eat breakfast with Eun Bi. After all it’s quite hard to tell her no. “Gosh you have so many clients today! It will be a surprise if you’re done by three” she was looking through a black notebook and by her words my headache was returning.

“Can we not talk about that yet? Also you should eat your breakfast” she looked at the food in front of her a disgusted expression on her face. “Don’t whine and eat up.”

“Do we actually have to eat so many vegetables every day? You know I’m not very fond of them. Like let me get a bowl of cereals please” I didn’t even spare her a glance. Now that she’s pregnant she has to mostly eat healthy foods, that’s at least what the doctor said when we visited him yesterday.

He told us that the baby was healthy, we couldn’t expect much for now but we did have to be careful especially with the scare we had a while back.
Now what I mostly wish is for Eun Bi to listen to the doctor’s instructions as well.

“Eun Bi, I promise that once all of this is done, I’ll take you to the best places and have only the best things for you” She looked at me a playful look on her face and then leaned forward with her hands under her chin.

“I hope you keep this promise, or else you’ll actually have to deal with my anger” I reached out my hand pushing behind the hair that had fallen in front of her face and leaned in to give her a kiss on the lips.
“Don’t you dare bribe me like this, I’m not falling for such a cheap trick” ignoring her words I leaned in for a kiss yet again, making sure to stay like that longer.

“I promise, I’ll take you wherever you want. After all I’m in your disposal” she smiled and just went back to eat the food in front of her.
There’s nothing better than seeing the person you love be happy, actually I wouldn’t have it any other way either.

~~~

Eun Bi and I had arrived at the office, upon entering I noticed Lawyer Park looking at her and me. I could tell that he was still butthurt about our marriage, but I couldn’t really do anything about it. Inside me I really felt like a winner. As if I had won an invisible battle.

“Look at him eyeing you” I whispered once we were outside my office. Eun Bi stared in confusion until I signed to her where to look with my eyes.

“And look at you burning a hole through his head. I told you I rejected him you really don’t have to kill him with your eyes.” I grinned and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, immediately heading inside my office.
I could tell I left Eun Bi flustered but that was another win for me. Lawyer Park looked away.

I sat down on my desk and opened my computer reading all the files that were already prepared for me. I really had many people to meet today, thankfully no case yet to go, especially since tomorrow our wedding would take place. I didn’t want to be stressed but that meant that I had to meet more clients.

“Look Lawyer Kim, I am innocent! I would never steal from that damn old man anything. He’s so disgusting so why would I even take things from him” an old woman sat in front of me, the time was 14:43 and it was passing so slow.
“As I told you he just has a grudge against me because I rejected him” i read the files in front of me over and over. She was a housekeeper in his house, and he had framed her for stealing his deceased wife’s jewelry, a necklace a pair of earrings and a diamond bracelet. In fact a complete set.
In all the years I’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter