Chapter Twenty Nine

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eun Bi’s POV

“Welcome back! How was your honeymoon?” Lawyer Shin asked me upon entering the office. She put her bag down on her desk and came over to me.

We had a splendid week. The first day though was a bit weird for me.

The first thing that shook me up was when we were at the Meiji Jingu shrine. I had turned to look at Joon Myeon and for a moment I was brought back to our first life, especially when Joon Myeon was standing in front of the entrance.

It was as if we were back to being Seo Do Jeon and Jo Na Ri and then… the nightmares…

When he told me about those, my mind went completely blank, because all three nightmares of him dying are exactly like his deaths in our previous lives.

I really need to talk about this with the Time Controller.

“It was perfect. We saw so many things and most importantly ate many things too. I think it will definitely be an experience I’m never going to forget.”

“I’m so glad you had so much fun” We both went towards the kitchen of our office. I needed to drink water while she was ready to make her morning coffee ready.

“Honestly you couldn’t have made it more obvious”

“What?”

“You know it was very obvious that you liked Lawyer Kim, you’d blush every single time he’d speak nicely to you and when Ms. Cho Yeonmi would be beside him you’d kind of burn holes through her head” she was laughing but I really didn’t know how to react to that.

I never knew I’d be so obvious. Even if I was though, only Joon Myeon hadn’t noticed, which is kind of laughable.

“Well even if you all noticed it was only him that was oblivious to all of it” she laughed again and crossed her arms, leaning back against the sink.

“Tell me honestly Mrs. Song, was it because of you that Lawyer Kim’s wedding was canceled with Ms. Cho?” I was drinking my water the moment she said it and I almost drowned on my own water.

How could she think that I’d do such a thing, although the look on her face hopes that this is the case.

“Lawyer Shin, that’s not what happened at all. I wouldn’t do something like this, ever. They just broke up, as you may know they were in an arranged marriage and well there were no feelings involved between them. So you know, things happened and we ended up where we are now”

“Oh I see, it’s a pity. I wished that it was what happened. You know that girl is so spoiled. Whenever she’d come here she had a look about herself as if she though she was the best. I hated that look on her face so much. Although I do want to point out one thing”

“And that is?”

“You did marry pretty fast with Lawyer Kim, is there something you’re probably hiding? Cause if we think about it, it’s been just three months since they broke up.” She had that mischievous look on her face, as if she knew there was much more to our love story.

How could I even tell her that we slept once and I got pregnant? That’s so embarrassing, of course I can twist the story and make it look better, which is also the best thing to do.

“Ahh, there is something I wasn’t planing on saying yet.” I paused and sat on the small table that was inside the room “We started dating a bit later after his break up with Yeonmi. As I told you he had no feelings for her and well, one thing led to another and now I’m pregnant. So he said we should marry”

Lawyer Shin came and sat right beside me a bright smile on her face.

“Congratulations, I’m very happy about you! I kind of guessed that you’d be pregnant. You’re appetite has grown and you’ve been feeling dizzy a lot. I was the same with my pregnancies you know.”

“Ah, that’s right you have three kids. They must be a handful”

“Honestly add one more to the equation, my husband is even more of a kid than our sons. Just hope that you’ll have a daughter, I’ve always wanted one but I’m stuck with what I got.” I laughed imagining her with all her sons, they were young in age too so her house must be really fun.

“I’m sure you’re actually enjoying it.” We got up from the table in order to go back to our work “Lawyer Shin, don’t say anything to the others, I don’t want to make my pregnancy known as of now”

“You secret is safe with me honey”

“Thank you.”

~~~

“Joon Myeon… don’t keep staring at me and please finish your work.” It was closing hour and Joon Myeon had nothing to do. I on the other hand was organizing files for him and the others.

“I’m done with my work, so I just want to keep looking at my wife, is there a problem?”

“Yes, you’re distracting me”

“Then I’m doing a perfect job” I looked up to find him smiling at me like a fool. Gosh I love him so much.

Even when he’s so playful he just keeps on making my days better.

“Look at you blushing like that, am I that handsome?” yes, yes you are.

“I love your humbleness so much” I was finally done with the documents and Joon Myeon was the first to get up and leave. “Why are you rushing like this?”

“Did you forget? Today we’re having an appointment with your doctor” It was going to be our first ultrasound. Although we did visit a doctor before we left to Japan she suggester we’d go for another one.

“Honey, I know we have an appointment, but I didn’t expect you to be this excited.” He took hold of my bag and helped me wear my coat, and soon we walked outside.

A was already in our office, cleaning and he would lock the place for us as usual.

“How can I not be excited? Your doctor said that today we’d be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat. I can wait to listen to it” Gosh how can this man make me love him more by the day. When I see him being so exited about all of this it just makes me feel glad that we’re meant to be.

“She said maybe, there’s a chance we won’t be hearing it today”

“There’s no maybe in my dictionary, we’re listening to our baby’s heartbeat whether you like it or not. Come on now, we don’t want to be late”

In all honesty I couldn’t wait for the moment we’d be there either. The idea of finally listening to my child’s heartbeat made me feel emotions I’d never experienced before.

It would be like a confirmation that it’s soon going to be with us.

The idea of holding that little being in our arms made it so much better. Yet there was still a long way ahead of us, many more days and months to come to finally meet him.

Something inside me tells me it’s going to be a son, or perhaps it’s a wish for a son who’s going to look just like Joon Myeon.

Through our way to the doctor, Joon Myeon was so excited about this, I couldn’t help but feel it too.

Although a part of me remained scared for what was going to come. This fear was so deep I couldn’t really explain it, yet I know well where it’s coming from.

Outside the doctor’s room I was still scared. A week before our honeymoon she said that everything looked to be fine, but how could I be so sure about it? In all of my lives I had suffered enough, so how could I be sure it wasn’t going to be like that again.

“Mrs. Song Eun Bi” the nurse called us to go inside. Joon Myeon followed behind me perhaps not feeling an ounce of dreadfulness. What if something had gone wrong, what if something went wrong ahead of us…

I was laying on the bed, my shirt up and the doctor was looking on the screen. She wasn’t saying anything as she was looking at the baby, then she smiled.

“You baby seems to be pretty healthy” and a heavy weight had lifted from my chest, my baby is healthy and that’s the best thing I could hear right now. “As a matter of fact the mother is quite healthy too. So there is nothing the two of you will need to worry about. Although I would suggest a healthy diet, walking will do good too. Don’t avoid it.”

Joon Myeon’s hand squeezed mine and when I looked at him he had a sweet smile all over his face. Of course he would. Honestly if I didn’t have him with me, I’d feel very weird to be here.

“How about a heartbeat? Can we listen to it?” He asked, full of happiness and expectation.

“Of course you can, let’s see that” and then there it was.

A heartbeat.

At that moment the only thing I could hear were the fast beats coming from the machine. A confirmation that a living being was inside me, growing and soon we’d be able to hold our child in our arms.

A squeeze on my hand pulled me away from my thoughts and I looked towards Joon Myeon who was wiping tears from his eyes.

“Is the heartbeat normal?” he asked the doctor once he regained his composure.

“Of course, their heart is supposed to beat fast and you’ll see that it’s going to be even faster than this. So you don’t have to worry about it. I’ll also prescribe you a few vitamins you’ll need to take for a while just to prevent any problem from arising.”

“Thank you very much doctor” she nodded her head and got up from her chair.

“Get dressed Mrs. Song, whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter