Chapter Nineteen

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Joon Myeon’s POV

“Surprise! You’re going to be grandparents.” I hadn’t expected Eun Bi would say it this way.
My first reacting was to look at her father. The moment I first saw him, I could tell he was a strict person and Eun Bi had warned me about his reaction but I hadn’t expected him to be this stern. So I wondered what he was going to say the most.

Both of her parents looked baffled, apparently my parents did the same. No words came out of no one, as if everyone had lost their voice.

“How did this even happen?” her mom asked “I mean I don’t want to know how, but how were you guys not careful?” her reaction really surprised me and I can’t say otherwise. She does seem surprised but instead of looking angry she just seems more accepting.

“Mom… it just happened. I know it’s not what you wanted for your kids but we’ve already made our decision.” Eun Bi looked down at her hands avoiding all eye contact from everyone and I knew it was my time to step up.

I could see the disapproving looks from her father and my parents, her mom was the only one who seemed to give us her support and I admit she even looked somewhat happy about us.

“I understand your concerns, we know what we’ll do as Eun Bi said. All we want is your support, even if we don’t get that we’ll still proceed with our plans”

“You can’t expect us to accept all of this so easily son. We just found out that you’re dating Ms. Song and now you tell us we’re becoming grandparents? This is way too sudden” My dad was completely right but I couldn’t do anything else.

I had to take care of Eun Bi and our child, even if that meant out families would disown us.
I turned around to look at Eun Bi, she looked as if she was about to cry, I took hold of her hand and held it tightly. I wanted to tell her that everything was going to be alright. The last thing I wanted was her not feeling well, she had to be at her best condition.

As the minutes passed the thing worrying me the most was Eun Bi’s father, he had not spoken at all, as if thinking of what to say, I too wonder what’s on his mind.

“Honey, what do you have to say?” her mom was the one to ask him. A part of me calming down as she seemed the most positive about it.
He looked at me and I almost jumped up from my seat.

“Seeing how determined you two are, I don’t think what I say matters” Eun Bi started shaking. “After all this is your life.” he sighed and then continued while looking straight into my eyes“But there is something that I demand from you. Protect my daughter at all cost. I want her to be happy and if I ever see her sad because of you then I can’t promise a single thing”

“Yes sir, I promise to protect her with my life” it seemed like a lie. From my first impression I didn’t think he’d be the first to support our decisions. Yes he didn’t know the whole truth, none did. But that didn’t change anything.
Right now Eun Bi was my first priority.

“Eun Bi, get up and come here” She listened to what her father said and approached him. He too got up and hugged her and I could tell immediately that Eun Bi was happy.
Her parents had already accepted this marriage and I couldn’t be happier for that, what remained though was my parents.

So I looked at them. They were both whispering to each other and no one had noticed so far. They saw me and my father raised his eyebrows. He got up and told me to follow him outside. I admit I started worrying, why did he want me there, where people would not hear us… damn it I though they would be the most accepting of the two pairs.
We were outside and my dad looked pissed, his hands were inside his pockets and I knew exactly what that meant. He was extra furious.

“What is all of this Joon?”

“What do you mean dad, why would this all seems so weird to you” I really couldn’t unders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter