Chapter XIX

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fateful Friday

 

10.55 AM

From:082xxx

[Hi. This is Jisoo. Sorry, I cannot come to see you tonight. One of my will send back the invitation to your manager]

 

13.00 PM

To: Jisoo

[Hi. Sorry, I just finished rehearsing. Ah, you don't have to send it back. The invitation was designed for you]

 

14.00 PM

From: Jisoo

[Sorry]

 

14.10 PM

To: Jisoo

[It's okay. I understand. How about joining the Saturday brunch? It's an afterparty with some important person in fashion industry, Soomin will be there as well]

 

15.00 PM

From: Jisoo

[They've invited me so i'll be there]

 

16.00 PM

To: Jisoo

[Great! Wish me luck for today?]

 

16.10 PM

From: Jisoo

[Good luck]

 

16.15 PM

To: Jisoo

[Thank you :) TTL]

 

**

A few days later

 

"So...care to explain?" Lisa demanded "Jennie's mood been worsened today"

"She should learn to be professional while working" The young CEO busied herself with papers

"She's always profesional, only there's a dark aura surrounding her" Lisa defended Jennie

"Ugh. She's being overdramatic again. It was just an afterparty!" Jisoo frustratedly said

"Whoaa ok, what afterparty? Are you guys an item now?"

Jisoo shook her head

"Fashion-related afterparty. Me and Soojoo were invited separately"

"Oh, she still doesn't accept your confession and yet she got mad because you went to the afterparty with your ex?"

"Separately"

Jisoo sighed

"Would you focus on the project in front of you?"

 

"Jisoo, you know you've been staring at the same page since an hour ago. Tell me what happened?"

"She got mad because I keep Soojoo's picture inside one of my book which in my defense I don't even realize it, then I didn't tell her about the afterparty"

"My lovely cousin, that's where you are wrong" lisa rolled her eyes "if there's anything concerning your ex and you, you have to tell your fiance and burn that book"

"I thought it's just a business event, I was just doing my job"

"For you it was, but for soojoo? It could be means more than that" Lisa showed her phone to Jisoo "Look, a reporter got some pics of her smiling at you"

"I didn't smile back"

"Not the point. Why were you stuck with each other all night?" Lisa questioned "Whoaa the comments, mostly positive, some people even shipping you two"

"Shipping?" Jisoo frowned

"I don't know, I was having a discussion with others and she's happened to be there as well"

Lisa shook her head

"You're hopeless. Have you explained it to jennie?"

"Yes, last night through the phone but she still mad, I guess" jisoo frowned again "she's kind of cutting the line when i was talking"

"Talk to her again later, in person. I'll make sure she's alone after today's dance practice"

"Yeah, thanks Lisa"

"Anytime" lisa winked "I'll stay outside to keep the coast clear. Don't do anything more than talking okay"

The shorter girl rolled her eyes "I won't do the things you're thinking right now"

"What? I mean don't slap each other. What were YOU thinking??"

"Oh...where was I again?" jisoo pretended to be busy again

***

 

YGE's practice room

 

Lisa really made sure all the girls left earlier and convinced jennie to stay,

Jisoo was thankful that her cousin was somewhat useful in times like this.

"What are you doing here?" The younger girl threw a glare at her "Damn Lisa"

"Spare her, i just want to talk"

Jennie took her bag aggressively

"If you think about throwing that bag to my face. Think twice"

"I'm just taking out my tumblr" jennie rolled her eyes "My bag is too precious to be thrown at you"

Jisoo wanted to retort but held herself because she's here to explain not to fight. She should start now..if only the 'water drinking' scene in front of her is not too distracting, how can someone be that y while drinking...oops.

Eyes behave. Jisoo quickly reminded h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter