October 24th

Dear Diary

 

Dear diary. Oh god. That sounds so gay. How the hell do you hold a diary? Do you really need to pretend you’re talking to the book..? That ’s girly.

Why the am I talking about that?

Alright. Here’s what happened today. I could finally walk after being handicapped for weeks. Well. I was able to walk. Saying I could walk would be too much. My parents forced me to go to the restaurant just to keep an eye on me and make sure I didn’t overwork myself.

Honestly, even if I’d tried, it would’ve been impossible to overwork myself. They made me go there to sit and do nothing. They wouldn’t let me work or anything. I had to sit at that loser table at the end, which had become my best friend over the last couple of weeks, and play on the computer. And eat.

For the past twenty-three days, I’d been praying for my lonely days to be more fun. And by that, I mean that I wanted the girl to come back. But then I thought maybe it was better if she didn’t. I mean. It wouldn’t do any good. She’d think I’m some lazy pig.

And anyway, Junior probably left a horrible impression. The first and only time they came, he only talked to them three times.

To welcome them and show them to a table.

To ask if they were ready to order and what they would take.

And, well, maybe I’m just jealous of the last one. He was bringing their order, and he talked to the girl. Basically, he noticed that ever time he went to their table, her friend left for the washrooms. So like the funny guy he is, insert sarcasm, he asked why her friend always went away when he went to their table. And she answered that her friend had to pee all the time, no matter where they were.

And then they laughed together.

As in, laughing and smiling all together and looking at each other and stuff.

As in, Junior was dead the moment I could walk again.

As in, he would be the handicapped one.

So yeah. Today, I was waiting for the restaurant to be completely empty to talk to Junior nicely, when the door opened. At first, I really hated whoever had come in.

There was only one table with people left, and they were about to go. The night would have been over just like that.

But no. People suddenly came in.

Great.

Junior welcomed the intruder and the scene went a little like this:

 

-Hi, a table for how many?

-Hi, table for two please.

-Follow me.

 

At the “table for two” part, I looked up. You see, the voice that answered Junior sounded like a 4 year-old kid. And, well, we don’t see much children coming in. Mainly because the street has lotsa stripper clubs and .

But then, what do I see?

My dream come true. Almost. I didn’t see the girl first, but her friend. The one that was with her last time. The that said I wasn’t an employee here and that I was handicapped.

And behind her, there was the girl.

Junior sat them at a table somewhere in the middle and I knew he knew. He looked at me and smirked when he saw how pissed I was that she was so far.

Which means trouble. Knowing him, everyone around us will know I have a crush on a girl I don’t know at all and saw only twice, and he’s gonna start trolling and pissing me off about it on purpose.

And I can’t really deny that I have a crush on her. I don’t wanna say it’s love at first sight. But it’s not like I can call it anything else, right?

… I can’t believe I just asked a book for its opinion…

Anyway. So, the girl was there with her friend and I learned a few things about them.

First, their names.

My crush’s name is Alice.

And I know this is cheesy as , but it’s not like anyone but me is gonna read this, so here. When I heard her name, I wanted her to be my Alice. Like, I thought of Alice in Wonderland, and I really just thought of building our own Wonderland together.

Holy . I never knew I could be so ashamed of something no one knows of.

And her friend’s name is Thiteya. They even spelled it when they started talking about the ways people had ed their names up.

They honestly talked about anything.

, I’m such a creep. Listening to them talk and looking at them…

Still worth it though. I made eye contacts with Alice a few times and we smiled at each other a lot.

Thiteya was like Junior… I think she noticed. Which is bad. She was giving me the look. And by the look, I mean looking at me with the face that clearly said I’d have to get on her good side before she let me anywhere close to Alice.

At around 10h40pm, Junior started placing the stuff for the next day so he told me to bring them the dessert they ordered.

It’s when I got to their table that Thiteya gave me the famous look. And that I touched Alice’s hand. I tried to keep my cool as much as possible and I whispered really really low “Bon appétit.”

I wanted to die on the spot, because that just clearly showed I’d been creeping on them the whole time and I’d heard that they spoke French.

Thiteya didn’t seem to notice and just started eating.

Alice looked at me, smiled and said “Thank you!”

I nodded and went away as fast as possible so she wouldn’t see my blush.

I feel like such a loser writing about that. And I felt like one at that time too.

When it got too much, I looked at the time at like 11pm and I realised we should’ve closed like an hour before.

And I didn’t want them to go. I really didn’t.

But I’m ing stupid. Alice saw me looking at the time and she asked Thiteya what time it was.

And then she jumped up and started feeling guilty about how late they’d stayed. Junior was busy in the kitchen, so I figured I’d go ahead and be their cashier.

I tried acting normal and I just asked them if they wanted to pay together or split the bill.

Thiteya was paying for both of them. I gave her the change and she left like 5 bucks for the tip. Which is a lot, seeing as their meal was 20 bucks. I thanked her and told them goodbye. Thiteya told me goodbye and Alice said “Bye, have a good evening.” And I didn’t give a that it was night time and not evening anymore. I was ing happy. Even if it was probably only to be polite.

And they left.

And now I’m back to praying for her to come back again. Like the loser that I am, crushing on a girl he doesn't know.