February 14th

Dear Diary

 

Hey, hey, hey~

Guess what day it is today as I write in your lovely self? Well, what day it was yesterday actually… Since it’s 4AM now… Okay so guess what day it was a couple of hours ago when what I’m about to write happened?

Yes, the date of the entry is a pretty good clue.

Yup. It was Valentine’s day.

And who came to the restaurant?

Oh god yes. My Baby. Alice.

It would’ve been better if she was alone… But well… Can’t ask for the impossible.

So she came in with the always there Thiteya, Simon (the guy they met at New Year) and a girl I guess is their friend.

She said hi with a big smile when she came in and said hi too. While trying hard not to look overly happy or too obvious.

Then, I asked them, Alice mainly, how come they weren’t on dates and she said that Valentine’s day was more of a single awareness day since none of them had a boyfriend.

Yes, Simon is gay.

So they said they were gonna chill and have fun just the four of them as the awesome singles that they are.

I laughed and brought them to their table.

They had a reservation.

Inside, I was screaming, dancing and jumping around from the confirmation that she was single.

Thiteya and Simon were sitting in front of each other on the wall side, Alice and the girl called Rose were sitting in front of each other on the open side of the table. Which means the one I used to refill their glasses or take the orders or ask if everything was fine or bring their food.

I left them with the menus and came by a couple of minutes later to take their orders.

And then, the magic moment came.

Alice was all red and shy and the others were all telling her to hurry up and give me something.

Now, listen. At that point, even if I’d wanted to be subtle, it was impossible. I was smiling like the biggest and I was already planning what to do if she gave me chocolate. Heck, I was absolutely sure it was chocolate.

And I was like: Do I tell her I love her? Do I ask her out? Do I wait a bit and kiss her?

And then I was like: Jay, please don’t this up. Take the chocolate, smile, thank her and ask her out. Simple as that. Do NOT run and hide like a sissy. Do NOT squeal. Do NOT start jumping.

And then it happened.

She gave me chocolate.

Alicegave me chocolate.

She gave me chocolate.

Chocolate.

Chocolate on Valentine’s day,

I took it and smiled and just then, right at that moment, my hopes were crushed in the most cruel way.

Thank you, Simon.

He said they’d bought it together and it was for everyone working here to thank us for being so nice to them.

I kept a poker face smile, thanked them and hurried to the kitchen. Where my parents and friends ended up laughing at me.

Yay.

I hope I don’t need to remind you of sarcasm and how it is used. Because this “Yay” was really sarcastic.

And everything went boringly normal after that. You see, the restaurant isn’t that big, so it gets full easily and it’s always packed on special occasions. So I barely went to their table.

They ate and talked and laughed and seemed to have lotsa fun and while they were eating dessert, another group of four came in.

And they had a reservation.

And there was no table available.

Thanks to who? Yup. Jenni. She keeps on ing up.

All tables are taken for reservations that day? Let’s add another reservation to the list. Not enough tables? I’ll let Jay deal with that.

ing .

I looked around and the only people that were done eating were my Baby’s group. I gathered some sort of courage, and walked to their table, feeling like the biggest of all times.

I was gonna explain the situation calmly, they would understand and everything would be okay. That was the plan.

It went differently.

I got there and said this. Warning, it’s far from explaining the situation calmly.

 

“Alice, can you save my life?”

 

And this, dear diary, is why we all hate talking to the person we like. We always end up looking like an idiot.

But she smiled and said yes. And I told her I needed a table and she said this:

 

“Oh, yeah sure. We have to leave anyway ‘cause we have a reservation for the Karaoke.”

 

And I straightened up and went “Oh, you’re going K after?”

And she nodded and asked if I wanted to come too, if I wasn’t busy because maybe I had to go see someone after work since it’s Valentine’s day.

I said I had nothing planned and I would love to go with them.

She said it’d be nice and said it depended on when I finished working though because just like on New Year’s, they had to get their bus.

And then I made the mistake. You see, I begged Daniel to give me her number a few days ago and he ended up being so annoyed that he let me have it.

But she didn’t know I had her number.

And I said this:

 

“I’ll text you when I’m done working and I’ll meet you guys there.”

 

There was a few seconds of silence and just when I noticed how stupid I was, she said none of us had the other’s number. So I laughed a bit awkwardly and said my number out loud. Well started to. She cut me before I could finish because she had nothing to write it down, girls were eavesdropping and she was worried and she said I could give her my number when she paid instead.

They came to pay, I gave her my number, she texted me to make sure I got hers and then they left.

I called everyone to help me out with the cleaning so I could get there before they had to leave for their bus.

Sadly, like I already said, There’s a lot of people on special days. So we finished the service around midnight and we were done cleaning around 1AM.

And when I checked my phone, Alice had texted me at midnight thirty to say they were leaving.

I wanted to cry.

I answered that I was sorry and that I was just done working.

A few minutes later, she answered.

I’ll say this first; at least it ended on a good note.

She wrote this:

 

“It’s not your fault :) I just got home so I’ll go sleep.

Good night Jay!

Sweet dreams~”

 

I wished her a good night and sweet dreams too.

And up to now, 4h45AM, I’m still re-reading her text and I can’t sleep at all.

I’ll go try to sleep for real now.

G’night diary~