February 28th

Dear Diary

 

Whassup Diary? Nothing much I bet. You probably had another of those good old diary days. Days when you don’t do and just lay there because you are a diary and that’s what diaries do.

Unlike me. I’ve had a pretty good day. A damn good day actually.

It started normally. I woke up, checked my phone, took a shower, got dressed, ate breakfast and then stared at my phone for like an hour.

Okay. So it probably sounds weird that I stare at my phone for so long almost every morning. But I have a reason. I mean… You know… I just couldn’t believe I had her number for real. So… Yeah. Every morning I looked and wrote a message.

That I ended up deleting.

I wrote like:

Hey, wanna see each other today?

Hey, are you busy today?

Good morning

And other things like that. Which is embarrassing. And I mean… She never texted me again after the karaoke fail. So… I don’t know… Maybe I’d bother her. So I always deleted the texts…

Honestly, I’m ashamed. I’m the worst loser of all times. I’m way too shy. And it so bad. How the do I get Alice when I can’t even talk to her properly. Or even just text her.

And the worst part of it all is that I’m not usually that awkward around girls. I’ve had girlfriends before. I’ve had exactly three girlfriends in my whole life. And I’m 25.

The problem is, I’ve never been that worried about what a girl thought of me. Ha. Pretty obvious. She’s the only girl I’d ever start a diary for.

So yes, I’m acting like some loser madly in love and overly shy.

Kinda normal.

I am.

And that’s why I hate myself so much right now. If it wasn’t for how much I love her, I would already have asked her if she was free sometime today.

But Alice is… Different. Like… She’s… More. I don’t know… She deserves more? No… Well yeah, but no. She’s worth more. Yeah. She’s worth way more than just the usual flirting.

And I have no idea what to do. Which makes me hate myself on a whole new level.

But anyway. Yeah. The day started really normally until 8h36PM exactly.

There wasn’t that many people in the restaurant at that time because there was a show where Traphik was performing. He’s a YouTube rapper/entertainer.

Dok2 actually went to the show.

Dok2 even gave me tickets for the afterparty at the club. Which is one of the reasons I wanted to ask Alice if she was free tonight... You know... We could have gone together. But I chickened and never sent the message.

So yeah. Dok2 wasn’t working that day. ChaCha neither.

There was me, Junior and Nicki. My parents left early since there was almost no one. But then, at 8h36PM, Thiteya and my Baby come in.

Oh yeah.

I gave them the table beside the kitchen. The one where we usually eat when there’s no more people inside.

They told Nicki hi and hugged her.

Now, I’m not jealous.

Not at all. I swear.

I just wonder when the hell they became so close to Nicki and why she deserves a hug.

They ordered their food, I brought it and they ate.

At 10PM, Junior and I were done cleaning all the dishes and Nicki was done with the last customers other than my Baby and Thiteya.

We were gonna make food for ourselves, but Junior got a text from Daniel. He went out of the kitchen and I saw him sit beside Alice.

Not in front of her.

Not stand somewhere near her table.

No.

Beside her.

But then he said that Daniel was coming and that since they were friends, they should stay longer. To see him.

I never wanted to hug Junior as much as I did right then.

Nicki got her change of clothes and headed for the employee’s room to change and I started cooking supper.

I made Yachae Udon. It’s a Korean meal. Kind of like a soup with big noodles in it. And meat and veggies.

I made it mainly because it’s easy so I can’t mess it up. And the one thing I hear Thiteya teasing Alice about is her cooking skills. So… A guy that knows how to cook would be good, right?

Junior came back in the kitchen to tell me they’d stay a bit longer, I gave him a bro hug and then I went to their table.

I put the Yachae Udon on the table and brought five bowls.

I sat beside my Baby and Junior went beside Thiteya. Nicki was at the end of the table, between Alice and Thiteya.

I was gonna ask if they wanted some, but it came out as an order. Like “Eat with us.”

Thiteya said okay.

Alice said she wasn’t hungry anymore.

Thiteya told her to eat because it’d be impolite to refuse and that I’d cooked specially for them.

Alice said she’d try it and thanked me for making the food.

Thiteya took some, Junior too, Nicki too, me too and I gave some to Alice.

And guess what she said? That’s right. She was it was good.

Ha. She liked my food.

So if you’ve followed my day up to now correctly, I just made supper for her, we ate together and she liked it.

I got up to do the dishes, Junior came to help and Nicki… Well Nicki nothing. She stayed with the girls and talked with them.

And just when I came back out and walked closer to sit beside her again, Alice got a phone call.

She got up and walked away a little before she answered.

 

“Hello?”

 

To be continued because I say so and the rest is where the night went bad. Well. Bad is a big word, but whatever.

I bet if you could actually talk or think by yourself, dear Diary, you would be able to guess why the night went bad. Come on. What’s the one thing that always s things up?