March 23rd

Dear Diary

 

‘Sup Diary? I sure hope your day was better than mine.

Why, you ask? Well, it’s very simple. If I had to tell you about my day in two words, it’d be “Fail Day”.

Alright. First, let me say that I saw my Baby two days ago too, but she was with at least five more persons that I didn’t know. And her eternal best friend, Thiteya. So nothing really happened and it made me awfully sad, so I never told you about it.

So why do I tell you now, you ask?

Let me first say that I sound hella retarded right now, creating a conversation with you and all.

Now, on to why I’m telling you she came two days ago. You see, when she was paying two days ago, she asked if we sold tickets for a show because one of her friends wanted to go but didn’t have a ticket ‘cause she learned about the show too late and since we were a Korean restaurant and it was a show on k-pop, which is Korean pop, there was a chance we sold tickets.

And we did. So she took tickets for the show too.

Did I mention that the show was today? And by today, I mean a couple hours ago.

Now, you know what’s great about working in a Korean restaurant when you are Korean yourself and you don’t really give much of a damn about the k-pop show?

Well, you’re the only one not giving a flying about the show. So every single of you coworkers is going to the ing show.

Or they get a day off because your parents think there won’t be that many people coming in to eat since most of the customers will be attending the said show.

You know what that means? You obviously don’t, which is why I’ll happily explain.

That means I’m the only one working in the restaurant.

That means practically all of my friends are gonna see my Alice at the show, but I won’t.

Life is so unfair.

If only it’d stopped there.

Nope. It gets even worse as time goes by.

You see, I expected my Baby to maybe drop by to eat after the show. I mean, the show stared early and ended late so of course she’d have to go somewhere to eat, right?

The answer is yes. But you probably don’t get that. You’re just a book with blank pages I write on. But here, let me explain. You see, us humans need to eat.

By eat, I mean that we need food to survive.

So of course, I expected her to come eat here.

I was just waiting for the show to be over.

And while I waited, I got this superb text which I loved right after reading. It came from Daniel and he said this:

 

“Yo Lisa’s having a party at her house for her birthday. Wanna come? Alice said she’d come”

 

Obviously, I said I’d come too.

What kind of retard wouldn’t have?

So I waited. I waited for my Baby to show up at the restaurant.

That was my first mistake.

I should’ve closed the restaurant the second it was getting late and nobody came in.

But no. My ing retarded self decided to keep hoping she’d come and to leave the restaurant open a little longer.

And guess who came in? That’s right.

My best friend.

Please tell me you got the sarcastic feeling of the “best friend” part.

Yup. Jenni.

She came in with some random dude and asked if it was okay to come eat here.

. You’re already in. What’s the point of asking? Just so you can look all innocent and sweet?

man I hate fake people.

And Jenni is so ing fake.

But well. There could’ve been a good point to her being here.

Notice the “could’ve been” a good point.

Yeah. I could ask her if she’d seen Alice and if she did, how Alice was doing and all that.

And I did. Of course I did.

But what was the point of asking? It’s freaking Jenni we’re talking about.

So she just said that she saw her but didn’t talk to her ‘cause she had more important things to do.

. Nothing’s more important that Alice. And you’re watching a damn show. It wouldn’t kill you to say hi real quick.

But who cares, right? It’s too late anyway.

And then she added that she was supposed to go eat with Alice and Simon and Sara and Lily and a bunch of other people that went to the show, but she came to see me instead.

Jenni, if only you realised I don’t really wanna be your friend or have anything to do with you.

But that’s not all. No. After all that, she asks me why I asked about Alice.

I would’ve said the truth if it wasn’t for the fact that I was talking to Jenni. So instead I just said we were both going to the same party and I thought we could’ve gone together.

And what did she say then?

She said that she could go with me since she was here.

So I pointed to the poor random dude she’d probably dragged along to make it look like every guy was after her and I asked her what he’d do. And she said he could come too.

I ended up telling her it was an invitation only event and the birthday person didn’t know her and whatever else bull came to my mind.

In the end, Jenni and Poor Random Dude both ate and they left together while I rushed to finish cleaning up just so I could hurry to the party.

I got there around 1AM because I learned when I was on my way that we had to bring our own food/drinks.

Since I’d already eaten, I just bought some vodka on the way.

Why always vodka, you ask. Simple. You can put it with basically anything. Orange juice or any other kind of juice, cream soda… Dude, you can even put candies in there for a little while and that ’s gonna taste amazing.

So yeah. I got there around 1AM and something like half an hour later, Daniel gets a text and looks at me as if someone had just died.

Obviously, I get worried and ask what’s wrong.

And guess what? Yeah. Alice just got to the nearest subway and she can’t come ‘cause she’d miss her last bus if she did. So she says she’s gonna head back home and she’s sorry for missing the party.

You see why it’s fail day today?

I could’ve seen her at the show if I’d had a freaking day off like everyone else.

I could’ve seen her after the show if she’d come to eat instead of Jenni coming in.

I could’ve seen her at the birthday party if the goddamn bus and subway system worked faster and longer.

But in the end I didn’t see Alice at all. Not once.

So you know what?

the world in general, I’m gonna go sleep and have the sweetest dreams of all times, where I see Alice all day everyday.

Good night Diary.