January 1st part II

Dear Diary

 

Whaddup Diary?

Of course. Nothing’s up with you. I’ll… Tell you? Or write to you? Or write on you?

Whatever. Here’s what happened after they left the restaurant. After the New Year supper. Why the do I bother reminding this? It’s not like a diary has a memory…

So, as I was saying last time, I called Daniel. Then, after the phone’s first ring, I realised I really didn’t wanna talk about it with him. So I hung up and texted him instead. I just asked him to come over as quick as possible.

Nicki left 15 minutes after. She had a party for New Year’s with her friends.

Dok2 and ChaCha were cleaning the dishes and I was trying to help him. But I wasn’t really any help. I kept checking my phone to see if Daniel would answer. After 30 minutes, he still hadn’t. The motherer barely checked his phone. And when he did, he took forever to answer.

After 45 minutes, an answer finally came in.

He was in front of the restaurant and he was asking me to unlock the door for him. I did and we both went back inside.

Dok2 and ChaCha were still in the kitchen which means I could talk to Daniel in private. Heh. But, you know… I mean… It’s not something easy to say… So… I… Well… Yeah… You know what? I’ll just write down how the whole thing went.

 

Me: Hey. Umm… Did you eat?

Daniel: Not yet. Why did you need me to come..?

Me: Oh that’s… I mean, that can wait. Here. Sit and I’ll get you something in the kitchen.

 

I got him leftovers from the supper. No, that’s not gross. It’s the stuff we made when the restaurant was almost empty. It was made like not even an hour ago. And there was a lot left. I wasn’t just feeding him some lame leftovers from days before.

Just wanted to precise.

For no apparent good reason. It’s not like you can judge me anyway.

I made sure the other two still had a lotta work to do and I went back so Daniel.

 

Me: Here.

Daniel: Thanks. So… Why did you ask me to come here..?

Me: OH! That. Hahahahaha. I was just wondering if you wanted to go K with us.

 

Yes, K is our way to say karaoke. Without having to say the whole word. Karaoke is one of those words that doesn’t sound good. So we just say K.

Why, oh why the hell am I explaining all this?

 

Daniel: … K? Jay, you wanna go K? On a Sunday? When we’re all working tomorrow? No wait. YOU wanna go K? Dude. Who the are you and what did you do to Jay?

Me: Ha. Ha. Ha. No, for real. You wanna come? It’ll be fun~

Daniel: Why’d you wanna go, man?

Me: Well… Just… Because… It’s cheap since it’s a Sunday. And… We… Haven’t gone in a while..?

Daniel: Jay… We don’t go because you don’t like it that much. Why do you wanna go so bad? And do you even know if it’s cheaper on Sundays?

Me: Yes it is. I checked.

Daniel: Okay… But why do you wanna go? Why don’t we go clubbing? Or drinking? Or just chilling?

Me: Because.

Daniel: Because what? Dude you’re being a kid.

Me: Just because.

Daniel: ………………………..

Me: I feel like going. That’s all.

Daniel: Okay. And what does that have to do with me?

Me: It’s gonna be more fun if you come.

Daniel: Okay… Let’s go after I’m done then.

Me: Hurry though.

Daniel: What? Why?

Me: … Uhh… To… Umm… Make sure… We have a room. I mean, what if it’s full?

Daniel: Are you ing kidding me? It’s Sunday, Jay. And it’s New Year today. Who the would go K anyway?

Me: Well… You know… Hipster kids these days… Maybe… I don’t know, man.

Daniel: Okay. Seriously now. What’s wrong?

Me: NOTHING. Just hurry eating, please.

Daniel: Can’t I eat in peace? Why do I have to hurry?

Me: Because I wanna see her. There. Happy?

Daniel: Her? Who’s her? Wait… Her? Did Jay Park just admit to wanting to do something for a girl? THE absolutely-blind-to-all-girls-crushing-on-him-and-not-interested-into-any-of-the-said-girls-even-if-they’re-damn-hot-and-nice Jay Park? Are you serious?

Me: … Yeah.

Daniel: Can I know who it is?

Me: Well… Umm… Last time you came… To the restaurant… There was girls…

Daniel: Bro, there’s always girls here. They’re all over you. How the do you want me to know who you’re talking about?

Me: No… Not that… Oh God… Last time… When you came after we closed. There was two girls…

Daniel: Last time… AH. Thiteya and Alice?

Me: Yeah.

Daniel: Ahhh. They’re going K? Nice. I like them too. They’re cool people. So you wanna go with them?

 

At that point, I was wondering how he could be so ing dense. A few minutes ago, he was laughing at me for wanting to go K for a girl. And now he thinks I wanna go for two girls that I like as friends.

You have no idea how close I was to lying and telling him it was exactly because of that. Sadly, I’d forgotten about ChaCha and Dok2.

Dok2 yelled from the kitchen that it wasn’t that kinda “like”.

 

Daniel: Whaddaya mean not that kinda like?

Me: Well… Umm… I like one of the-

Daniel: The ? Dude that’s so mean. They’re both really nice. Why do you like only one of them?

Me: Daniel… Not that kinda like.

Daniel: What kinda like, then?

 

And at that point, I was wondering if he was serious or just laughing at me.

 

Me: I like her.

Daniel: Ah. You love one of them.

 

I was gonna answer, but then Dok2 and ChaCha came and sat with us.

 

ChaCha: Go ahead Jay. Tell him.

Dok2: Come on man. Spit it out. You been running around the point for way too long.

Me: Shut up.

Daniel: … So..? Who is it? I’m waiting…

Me: I like Alice.

Daniel: Say what?

Me: I like Alice.

Daniel: Dude. If you don’t speak up now, I’ll make sure to tell every thing bad I know about you to the both of them.

Me: … I like Alice…

Daniel: Okay. So, you invited me here because I’m her friend..?

Me: Yeah… Sorry. I don’t wanna use you like that. Not at all. But I really like her a lot… And I can barely talk to her. And maybe she’s at the karaoke with the others right now… So I wanna go… To talk to her… And have fun… I mean, K can be fun. And… yeah…

Daniel: Guys, why did no one tell me he was like that?

Dok2: I know, huh? So priceless.

ChaCha: You know, we should probably record him being so pathetic and keep it for later.

Daniel: Did you guys know?

Dok2: He told me already. He needed me to come and help with work today and he ended up telling me about her. It was already pretty ridiculous.

ChaCha: I work here almost everyday. It’s so ing obvious that even Nicki knows. And she started working just a few weeks ago.

Daniel: Why am I always the last one learni-

Me: AHEM. I can hear each of you very well. Just saying.

 

They looked at me for a few seconds and then kept going.

 

Dok2: Did I tell you? Jay’s so stupid. You know what he told me? A few minutes after she got here today, he was pissed at the Simon guy that was talking to her and all. And then he said “Oh man. Good thing there’s no other guy than Simon talking to her and all. I don’t want to see too many guys around her.” He told me that it was a good thing that there was no other guy in the restaurant. I mean, come on.

 

And then someone finally turned to me. Daniel.

 

Daniel: Jay, are you ing stupid? What, you think Dok2’s a girl?

Me: Very funny. Are you done eating? Can we go yet?

Daniel: Yeah. So, where are they?

Me: I don’t know. Maybe they were going K…

Daniel: … Are you for real? You don’t even know if they’re there?

 

I took out my phone and texted Lily. I asked her if they were still there and she answered pretty quickly.

She said yes. I asked her who was there and she said everyone was, except for Simon and Sara.

Being the smart man I am, I asked if Alice and Thiteya were there. She answered this:

“Yeah..? What part of “Simon and Sara are the only ones that left” didn’t you understand? lol”

I looked back up to my dear, still laughing at me, best friends

 

Me: She’s there. What do I do?

Daniel: Well… You go. Obviously.

 

I guess they saw my face of please-don’t-make-me-go-alone.

 

ChaCha: We’ll go too. Calm down.

Me: Okay… And what do I do when I get there?

Dok2: ... Drink..? I mean, you won’t be as shy if you drink a little. And get her to drink too.

Me: Yeah. That sounds good.

Daniel: Really. Getting her drunk? Seriously?

Me: No. Not drunk. Just… Tipsy a little. Just enough for her to not be able to go back home alone. Then, I’ll bring her back. And if we both drink, it won’t be as embarrassing to talk to her.

Daniel: Jay, do what you want. But I’m telling you now. Alice and Thiteya are like my little sisters. Do one bad move or hurt her just a little and you can kiss your life goodbye.

Me: Sir, yes sir.

Daniel: Okay. Let’s go.

 

We checked to make sure everything was fine, closed the restaurant, and we were off.

And I’ll write the rest another time.

man. My hand hurts from the writing.

And remember what I said. It was a hell of a good day. So… Writing it part by part makes it all better. ‘Cause I have more time for thinking about it. Heh.

It’s not like you can even remember what I said though…

I have to sleep anyway. So good night.

Or not. Diaries don’t sleep.

Whatever.