January 1st

Dear Diary

 

Hey, hey~

Happy New Year, Dear Diary.

… That made no sense at all. And I don’t even give a . I’ve just had the greatest day of all times. So I’ll be a and take my time telling all that to you. And by you, I mean diary. And by diary, I mean notebook I write into. And by all this, I mean that I’m talking to a notebook and I’m ing stupid.

But who cares? Nothing can ruin the day I just had. Nothing.

Because guess what? Guess what day it is today? That’s right. It’s January 1st. And what does that mean?

If you’ve followed the story up until now, which you obviously can’t do because you are a ing notebook, you should remember that my Jagiya was coming at 7PM.

And do you remember why? Of course you don’t.

She’s coming because I invited her to come for New Year’s. Like a boss. Sike. I stuttered and it took me over two minutes to invite her (and her friend).

But in the end she said yes.

The only problem is how slow the day went by. 7PM seemed so far away.

At 6h45PM, everyone else was there.

ChaCha was in the kitchen, cleaning the dishes, Nicki was taking care of some tables, I took care of the others. Dok2 was there too.

Dok2, well, his name’s Gonzo, but we all call him Dok2 (pronounced Dok-ee) because it’s his name when he raps. Because yes, he raps. Underground rapper. In clubs and stuff.

And Dok2 worked at the restaurant sometimes and well, since he wasn’t busy today and New Year’s always a busy day, he came to help.

It’s not a good thing that Dok2 was there. Mainly because when I asked him if he could come to help for New Year’s, right after he accepted, I told him that if he got the table of the people we’d invited, he had to be nice to them.

I was really tired when I asked him, okay?

And then he’d asked me why, and I’d told him about Alice.

And he kept asking everytime a girl walked in if it was Alice.

So yeah. At 6h45PM, only my Baby and Thiteya were missing.

My parents had invited some other people and they were already there.

One day, Alice and Thiteya came in and the others were there too and they knew each other. Not that much though. Just enough to say hi and talk a bit.

The “others” are regular customers for the most part.

There’s Lily. She’s a friend. She was sitting at the end of the table. Like, on a rectangle, she’d be at the bottom side, on the extreme right.

In front of her, there was Jenni. She was a creepy but nice girl. A regular customer that sometimes scared me a little, but was still nice. She had an annoyingly high voice and she tried to impress me and my parents by speaking in Korean sometimes. Which is just stupid. We were all Korean Americans. We spoke English perfectly well. And she would always talk about how she’s in a dance crew and they’re pretty good and blabla.

Beside Jenni, there was Sara. She was just a regular customer. I’d never really hung out with her or anything.

Beside Sara, there was Marc. He was a regular customer too, but a cool one. We talked a few times and we agreed on a lot of things. And we’re both really blunt people.

Back to Lily’s side. Beside Lily, there was Simon. He’s a… Weird but cool guy. He knows everything about anything, he’s a gamer and he dances girls groups’ choreographies better than the girls groups themselves.

So at 7h05PM, my Baby and Thiteya came in. I waved hi and… She didn’t see me at all. At all. For real.

Wanna know why? I don’t give a . I’ll say it anyway.

Because she was closer to Lily and Sara than I thought she was.

Basically, I waved hi and she smiled and walked faster to the table and then:

 

Alice: LILYYYY~ SARAAAA~ HIIIIIIII!

Lily: HI ALICE!

 

They hugged.

 

Sara: HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY~

 

They hugged.

And the same thing happened with Thiteya.

Then, my mom came out of the kitchen and she told them hi and they bowed a little, to be polite, and said hi and wished her a happy New Year.

They were the only ones to wish us a happy New Year. My Alice is so thoughtful~

After, they both sat. All seats beside Sara or Lily were taken, so they sat beside Simon. My Jagiya sat beside him and Thiteya sat beside her.

And it . Big time.

Because if you’re gonna eat supper with a bunch of strangers, you obviously need to socialize. And they did. But where were they sitting? Near the guys. Near the ing guys.

And what does that mean? It means my Jagiya was getting close to the Simon guy. They were laughing and talking and exchanging phone numbers. Yeah, he was doing the same with Thiteya.

So what.

He was closer to her in one night than me in over a month of trying and praying. And they talked to Marc too.

But never to the girls. All because of Jenni.

I have no idea what the is Jenni’s problem, but she was harassing the other girls. I mean, it’s pretty obvious, seeing as they only said hi to Lily and Sara, that they only know freaking Lily and Sara.

But I noticed that Jenni was being quite the . She can be super social. But instead, she kept giving Alice and Thiteya nasty looks and preventing the only persons they actually knew of talking to them.

ing .

And just to make things worse, I had to help in the kitchen because there was too many people. So I helped ChaCha clean the dishes since I can’t cook for and I brought stuff to tables when Nicki was already busy somewhere else.

So who was taking care of them?

Not me.

Dok2.

And by that, I mean that when I finally came out of the kitchen because everything had calmed down and I could finally go see them, I saw Dok2 staring at her s, talking to her and asking for her glass to fill it for her. Touching her hand when he took the damn glass and then giving it back to her.

But the best part is when he stared right back at me and smirked because he knew I’d been watching.

ing troll.

And when I went to refill her glass and asked her to give it to me, Thiteya smirked and gave me the glass before Alice could.

ing troll number two.

And then at like 10PM, they all get up to leave. Lily has the awesome idea of inviting everyone to go karaoke, and she invited me to join them after I was done with work.

I told her I’d see.

If Alice was going, I was going for sure.

I didn’t get to hear if she was going or not though, but Lily reminded me that I could just text her when I was done if I wanted to go to make sure they were still there.

I just had to ask Lily who was there.

They all thanked my parents for the meal and left.

And I called Daniel as quick as possible.

And I’ll stop here for now. I don’t wanna rush that part. Today was the greatest day so far and I’m not gonna write it all down at once. I’m gonna enjoy remembering this day and write it down bit by bit.

So… To be continued..?

Why do I even bother telling a diary about the suspense it holds..?

Why do I even ask a diary questions..?

If this keeps going, I’ll probably end up schizophrenic.