April 24th

Dear Diary

 

Hi, lovely Diary.

How have you been today? I must say, I have had an amazing day. Indeed, I have seen Alice again.

Okay let’s be serious. Alice came to the restaurant today and yeah.

She is so ing pretty.

And nice.

And amazing.

And adorable.

Alright so before I get caught up and mention every perfect thing about her, let’s get going with the day, shall we?

Alice came in, with her ever lovely best friend Thiteya, and I told them to sit wherever at one of the only tables left.

Yeah. There was a lot of people.

But I was so happy she was here, you know? So… I found a reason to talk to her. You remember last time she came? When her mother was here and they were paying? Alice spoke another language that time. She spoke French.

Now, I’m not retarded, alright? I know French. A bit. I know how to say hi. It goes like this “Bonjour”.

Well, you can’t really hear the pronunciation, but that’s how it’s written. And when she spoke French, I recognised the language.

Well, she did speak French with Thiteya a few times before.

Anyway. The reason I’m praising French so much right now is that I used it as an excuse to talk to Alice.

When I gave them the menu, I asked what she’d said the last time and she told me it was French.

Duh.

So I asked her how she knew French and man did I learn a lot today~

First, Alice doesn’t come from Seattle.

Second, her mother comes from Quebec, some province hidden in Canada if we believe Wikipedia. One of the only provinces where citizens speak French.

Third, her father is from France. Her parents met in Quebec when her father moved there and bam. Love story right there.

Fourth, well, we already know Alice isn’t from here and, quite obviously, she’s from Quebec.

Fifth, Quebec and France don’t have the same French. Quebec French is “bastardized” French.

They moved here because of her father having a promotion or something, but they still speak French at home, which is why she can still speak it.

After I learn all that, I ask her to teach me some words and she accepts. Thiteya snorts, I ignore her and proceed to asking how to say “hi”.

Yes, I already know how to say it.

It’s a tactic.

She’s gonna think I’m good. Which will make me look awesome. Which is good.

Here. A French dictionary for you.

 

Hi / Bonjour

How are you? / Comment-ça va?

I love you / The moment my father chooses to slap the back of my head and tell me to go work. Also known as, right before she tells me the translation.

 

Thank you, dad.

Now, let’s skip the couple of boring HOURS that go by and jump to the other interesting part.

Notice how I subtly said that HOURS went by? Oh yeah. My Baby stayed until we were closing.

Moving on. So, my Baby and Thiteya were done eating and they were talking together. And well… It was late and we were all hungry, so we cooked something for ourselves and just sat near the TV to eat.

And when I say cooked something for ourselves, I mean that my mom prepared sam gyup sal.

Korean meal. It’s the one they always put in dramas when lovers feed each other. You wrap meat and kimchi and whatever else you want in a salad leaf and you feed it to your lover.

But my mom prepared too much.

So she asks me to call Alice and Thiteya to come eat with us.

As I told you, sam gyup sal basically has “LOVER FOOD” labelled on it. And well… I just… I can’t ask Alice. I mean… This is a big step dude. I mean…

Let’s be honest.

I don’t have any balls.

So yeah. My mom notices my lack of courage and starts calling for Thiteya.

Thiteya. How do we pronounce it?

Thi as in t-shirt, te as in tetris and ya as in, well, ya.

And my mom goes “Thiyani”.

Thiya ing ni.

And I’m torn between correcting my mom or laughing until the end of time.

Thiteya, also now known as Thiyani, obviously doesn’t recognise herself, and I don’t have a choice anymore.

I have to ask Alice.

So I call for her.

Didn’t come out as I expected. I just called her name, but rather than sounding nice and all, I sounded rude and bossy.

So I just tried to disappear in my chair, but Junior laughed at my fail and went to get them.

They came, my mom taught them how to put the food together and they ate happily while my father forced me to go clean our dishes.

I was eventually joined by my mom and Junior. Which means my dad was with my Baby and Thiyani.

I should call her that now. Thiyani.

Anyway. My father is with them and I’m just awfully mad at him.

Look, I’m madly in love with a girl and you force me to go clean while you chill with her. What the ?

So I was cleaning, slightly hating on my father until I heard Alice call my name.

Seriously, I could listen to her saying my name forever.

I looked out and there was this g

 

I’m so sorry. Junior came in outta nowhere. I’ll finish this some other day, aight? It’s late now.

See ya later~