Lion King: Chapter 1

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**Guys! I am so sorry this took a long while. As you may already know, I was down sick. I had Dengue virus and was pretty much weak for more than a week. It was really frustrating... I can't do anything... even my job was jeopardized!

It took a while before I could start writing Lion King. And even when I do get energy to write, I only get a few minutes of energy and motivation to do it a day. Sorry. Each chapter of this story is quite long as you may have already noticed. (believe it or not, it is 20-22 pages of a word document per chapter starting from chapter 1 of the wolf King). It really takes a lot of creative juices and strong motivation to finish one chapter. hahah! That is why I am thankful for your patience. :D 

Let's start Sehun's story! 

 

 

 

Book 2

Lion King: Chapter 1

 

“Hurry up Lisa! Why do you keep lagging behind?” Shouted Lisa’s Dad.

 

Lisa snorted. If she had a choice she would run faster. But her legs won’t let her! She’s barely seven and her lack of ability to move fast always lags her behind the others.

 

“Dad, it’s because my legs are still small. I still can’t run as fast as you.” Said Lisa

 

“Your daughter is right.” Said Lisa’s mom.

 

Lisa’s Dad chuckled.

 

“Well I know that. But you know how a small tribe like ours survives, we survive by moving. We don’t stay in one place for long.” Said Lisa’s Dad. “Lisa has to learn to move fast.”

 

“I will be fast Dad.” Said Lisa.

 

“Good. Make sure you fulfill that promise.” Said Lisa’s Dad

 

Lisa rolled her eyes.

 

There are around six other families who were running with them. They were a very small tribe. They know each family well from which mountains they come from to what their favorite food is.

 

“Lisa will be the fastest Lion shifter on the face of Vishox.” Said one of the elder Lions.

 

Some others also agreed.

 

Lisa smiled.

 

“Of course I will be. My legs will grow very long!” said Lisa.

 

And then Lisa’s Dad stopped and so did the others.

 

“Spread!” Lisa’s Dad shouted.

 

That could only mean one thing. They are going to be attacked.

 

The Lions ran in different directions. Lisa felt her Dad carry her with one of his arms.

 

“I can run on my own Dad!” said Lisa.

 

“Not with this one.” Said Lisa’s Dad.

 

Lisa saw the worry in her Dad’s eyes.

 

Lisa gulped.

 

What are these attackers? Are they strong? Can they outrun them?

 

And then Lisa saw two figures block their way. Lisa’s mom who was just in front of them stopped.

 

“Well …” said one of the shifter. “We found ourselves some Lions.”

 

“We have no feud with you. We were only passing by.” Said Lisa’s Mom.

 

“When it comes to Lions, we don’t let them just pass by.” Said the other figure. “We kill them.”

 

“What wrong did we do to you that you would spill our blood?” asked Lisa’s Dad.

 

Lisa hid her face on her Dad’s chest. She felt so much fear.

 

“It is because you are born Lions that is why you will die tonight.” Said the first man.

 

“That will never justify killing innocent lives.” Said Lisa’s Dad.

 

“No one will know. We will leave no witnesses.”

 

Lisa gulped.

 

And then the two attackers fell on the ground. It was so sudden that even Lisa’s parents were shocked. The attackers both had sword slashes on their backs. But who did it? And how come they did not see anything?

 

“Are you all right?”

 

Lisa’s parents turned and saw a boy… he hasn’t reach shifter maturity yet… a lion shifter!

 

“Yes…” hesitantly answered Lisa’s Mom.

 

The boy went beside the attackers and turned their faces using his foot.

 

“Panthers.” Said the boy. “ I don’t know what they have against lions but… they keep sniffing around.”

 

That’s when Lisa noticed the sword the boy was holding, blood was still flowing down it.

 

Lisa gulped.

 

Did the boy… kill the Panthers?

 

But… he is just a boy… even her Dad was afraid of the Panthers… but this boy does not have fear in his eyes…

 

“Who are you?” asked Lisa’s Dad

 

“You are the strangers here. I live here. So I think it is only proper that you introduce yourselves first.” Said the boy

 

The boy put his arms across his chest in an authoritative manner as if he owns the forest and Lisa’s family do not have the right to be there.

 

“I am Orr and this is my wife Sally.” Said Lisa’s Dad. “Our daughter Lisa… she’s almost seven.”

 

The boy sighed.

 

“Having a child while travelling is too risky. You should find a clan to join and stay at.” Said the boy

 

“We… our clan was wiped out. Lion tribes are being hunted. Ours is gone. We are the only ones left. If we join another lion tribe, it may also be attacked.” Said Orr. “We have a higher chance of surviving while moving.”

 

The boy took a moment to answer.

 

“You almost died if I did not come.” Said the boy. “ As you can see, moving around will not save you or your daughter.”

 

Lisa’s parents looked at each other, worriedly.

 

“For tonight, would you want to stay with my clan? It would be safer. If may intuition is right, there could be other Panthers around.” Said the boy. “My name is Sehun by the way. You may not trust me. But I am also taking a risk here. I also do not know you yet I am going to let you in our tribe. You will need to take a vow though that you will never tell anyone about my tribe.”

 

“Dad…I am scared…” said Lisa

 

“We have other friends…”

 

“You all scattered around. When I saw you had a child with you, I followed you. True enough so did the Panthers.” Said Sehun. “I don’t think it’s wise to look for them right now, not when Panthers are around. With a child, I think it is best to find a safe place to hide.”

 

Lisa’s Dad sighed.

 

“You’re right.” He said. “We will go with you.”

 

---------

 

 

Lisa smiled as she watched Sehun talking with his Uncle and cousin. Sehun… their savior… He is a very handsome man with a very beautiful hair. He moves swiftly and he’s very well liked by many people. In the five days Lisa’s family stayed there, Lisa knew that Sehun is not an ordinary boy. When he talks, even the elders listen. Lisa is amazed.

 

Aside from being a good fighter… Sehun has a good heart. He saved her family even when he did not know them. Lisa’s Dad kept saying how he owes their whole family’s life to Sehun.

 

“I wonder how old is he.” Said Lisa.

 

“Might be ten years older than you.” Said Lisa’s mom.

 

“Can someone who is ten years younger be someone’s mate?” asked Lisa, enthusiuastically.

 

Lisa’s parents both looked stunned.

 

“You little child, why will you be thinking of mates at seven?” said Lisa’s Mom.

 

“Why not, Mom? Everybody will get a mate someday right?” asked Lisa. “I want mine to be Sehun. He’s a strong warrior and kind too.”

 

Lisa’s Dad chuckled.

 

“He’s a commander material, born to dominate and lead. Did you see how even the older Lions bow their heads to him?” asked Lisa’s Dad. “It will be hard to be his mate. He will have a lot of responsibilities in his shoulders.”

 

“I will help him! I will learn how to be a good commander’s mate!” said Lisa.

 

Lisa’s mom shook her head.

 

“You must first learn how to cook a meal before you become anyone’s mate.” Said Lisa’s Mom.

 

“I don’t really care whether your mate is a commander or just a simple villager…” said Lisa’s Dad. “but I hope he would care for you and love you.”

 

Lisa’s mom nodded.

 

“If you and your mate could share even just half of the way your Dad and I feels for each other, then I can relax.”

 

Lisa pouted.

 

“I love Sehun.” Said Lisa

 

Lisa’s Dad pinched Lisa’s nose.

 

“Love cannot be forced you silly girl!” said Lisa’s Dad. “Besides, it’s going to take a while before you could find your mate.”

 

“Why Dad? How do we find our mates?” asked Lisa

 

“Well …hmmmm…. Usually there’s a faint smell of something fragrant. Usually it is so faint you do not even realize there’s anything different. And then through time, the smell becomes stronger. When it does, it will be hard to ignore. It will also be hard to… keep your hands off… I mean it becomes so strong, you will eventually mate .” said Lisa’s Dad.

 

“Enough of this mating talk. Lisa you are only a child.” Said Lisa’s Mom.

 

Lisa’s Dad started packing their things.

 

“Where are we going Dad?” asked Lisa

 

“Huh? We’re leaving. We cannot stay here forever. We do not belong to this clan.” Said Lisa’s Dad

 

“But I like it here Dad! Everyone here is nice. I have new friends! Edel and I play every day! And I get to see Sehun too! I want to stay here.” Said Lisa

 

“Look Lisa, Lions are being hunted. There are tribes that are bent to eliminate every single lion in the eastern kingdom. Even Sehun’s tribe will face these enemies one day and I don’t want us to be here when that happens. I want you safe.” Said Lisa’s Dad.

 

“Your Dad is right. Here is no more safe place for lions. We have to keep moving.” Said Lisa’s Mom.

 

And then suddenly Sehun dropped from a tree a few feet from them.

 

“Where are you going?” asked Sehun

 

“Sehun!” Lisa hugged Sehun. “Mom and Dad want us to leave. But I want to stay!”

 

“Are you sure about this?” asked Sehun. “You can always stay here. I already talked to Uncle and he’s willing to take your family in.”

 

Lisa’s Dad sighed.

 

“I thank you for your generosity. You have saved my family’s life and even took care of us, offered us a home. But I fear that there is more danger in staying that in moving. I… just need to keep my mate and child safe.” Said Lisa’s Dad.

 

“Then do what you must.” Said Sehun. “But promise me you’ll keep the location of my clan a secret. Forget where we are.”

 

“I won’t tell a soul.” Said Lisa’s Dad.

 

“Good. Take whatever food you need in the journey.” Said Sehun

 

“Thank you.” Said Lisa’s Mom.

 

Sehun knelt in front of Lisa.

 

 “Train yourself so you can protect yourself. Be strong… and take lavender baths everyday…. It conceals the lion scent. Your Dad is right. Lions are being hunted. It would be good if the enemies can’t smell you.” said Sehun. “Always obey your parents. And don’t forget your beautiful memories in this clan.”

 

---------------

Lisa still had not spoken a word a day after they left Sehun’s tribe. She still feels really bad that she was parted from the man she adores, her savior and hero.

“You will meet him again one day, Lisa.” Said Lisa’s Mom. “But for now, you first need to train yourself so that you’d be stronger and faster.”

They were in the borders of the east almost on their way to the west when Lisa saw shadows surrounding them.  Lisa gulped. What is it this time?

The shadows went nearer until Lisa could see the faces of the creatures. They smell like… Panthers.

“A lone family of Lions… this looks interesting.” Said their Leader. “It seems like you may know a large Lion clan who resides in this area. We’ve been looking for their clan for a very long time now. Tell us where they are and you can move unharmed.”

“We know nothing about a large clan of lion. We came from the far east. Our clan was completely wiped out.” Said Lisa’s Dad.

The Panthers smell the air.

“Oh… you are lying… we can definitely smell their scent on you. That clan has a specific scent.” Said the Panther.

“We know nothing.” Said Lisa’s Mom.

The Panthers attacked them. They were too many. A Panther was able to get Lisa from her Dad’s grasp. Lisa cried and tried to struggle.

“We will kill this child if you don’t tell us.” Said the Panther.

Lisa felt fear so strong.

“No…. save me! Dad! Save me! Please Mom!” shouted Lisa.

“Please don’t hurt our child.” Said Lisa’s Mom.

The Panther suddenly pierced Lisa’s Mom chest. Lisa screamed.  Lisa’s Mom fell on the ground dead. Lisa closed her eyes. She can’t believe it… her mom…. Is dead…

“We will do the same to your child if you don’t speak up.” Said the Panther.

“Mom…. Mom…” Lisa cried.

“What is my assurance that you will spare my child?” asked Lisa’s Dad.

“Well… we can make her run now.  While you, bring us to their territory. If you lie to us, we will hunt your child down. And I will tell you, it will be very easy to track this one down.” Said the Panther.

“Let her run.” Said Lisa’s Dad.

The Panther let Lisa go.

Lisa’s Dad smiled at Lisa.

“Now is your chance, my little daughter. Be the fastest Lion you can be” said her Dad. “RUN”

Lisa ran as fast as she could. She couldn’t look back. She knew what will happen. She knew she will never see her family again. She knew she’s all alone now… and Sehun’s tribe… what will happen to their tribe now….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Lion King

 

 

 

Lisa smiled as she watched the elderly human couple sing a song together as they cuddled by the fire.

“You will also find someone to cuddle with one day.” Said the elderly man.

Lisa shook her head.

“I will first find a sword to fight with rather than find arms to cuddle with.” Said Lisa.

The elderly woman went to Lisa and hugged her.

“They are both important. So do not forsake love for strength.” She said.

The el

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter