King of the South: Chapter 9

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hi Guys, I forsee only two chapters left after this one. :D Hold on to your seats!

 

 

 

King of the South

Chapter 9

 

 

V could not believe it it when the warrior told him Seulgi is coming. But he knew RM will not be mistaken. So V ran to the open area of the palace with heart racing. Jinyoung and Sehun followed him. And then he saw Seulgi in the air coming. But why does something looked odd with Seulgi’s flying? Why doe she look so unstable? And then V noticed Seulgi’s descent was rather fast. V’s eyes widened. His sister is not flying, she’s falling!

 

V immediately released his wings and flew. He caught Seulgi just three feet before Seulgi hit the ground. Seulgi was unconscious.

 

V shook Seulgi.

 

“Seulgi! Wake up! Wake up!”

 

V landed on the ground.

 

“What’s the matter, Brother?” asked Jinyoung

 

“Is she injured?” asked Sehun

 

Just then Jisoo arrived. She immediately went to Seulgi and checked her.

 

“Her pulse is fine…” said Jisoo. “But we need to check for injuries.”

 

And then Seulgi’s eyes fluttered open.

 

“Sister.” said V. “You are now safe. You are home.”

 

Seulgi could not see the faces clearly but she could hear a familiar voice… a voice like her brother’s. Was she able to reach the palace?

 

“Princess, be strong.”

 

That was a woman’s voice… could it be Jisoo’s? Does that mean Seulgi made it? If she made it… then she must tell them…

 

“Brother…”

 

Seulgi’s voice was faint but V heard it.

 

“Yes, Seulgi… don’t talk. Just rest, all right? Jisoo will take care of you.” said V, still holding Seulgi in his arms.

 

“The Wolf tribe… is under attack.” whispered Seulgi.

 

Both Jisoo and V heard it.

 

V turned to Jinyoung.

 

“Seulgi said the wolves are under attack.” said V

 

Jinyoung’s eyes widened. And then he ran out of the palace. Sehun followed Jinyoung.

 

V immediately brought Seulgi to her room. Seulgi lost consciousness before her body hit the bed.

 

“I need to check her for injuries.” said Jisoo

 

V nodded and left the room. Several dragon healers entered Seulgi’s room. V paced outside. Anxiety eating him inside. What has happened? Is his sister injured? How severe is it? Why is the wolf tribe under attack? There had been peace in the West, Jinyoung had completely made every creature there submit to his authority… Could the attack be from the South? But how did Seulgi and these enemies come out of the wall? Did Taeyong go with them? Did the wall already break? Is the final battle starting? If that’s the case, they are late in their preparations.

 

And then Jisoo came out of the room.

 

V pulled Jisoo in his arms.

 

“Tell me.” said V

 

“We did see some bruises and wounds. But we did not see anything fatal.” said Jisoo

 

V sighed in relief as he buried his face on Jisoo’s neck.

 

“I think she’s exhausted.” said Jisoo. “I will take care of her.”

 

V pulled away.

 

“I need to help Jinyoung and Sehun. We do not know what kind of enemies attacked the wolves.” said V

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“You must go.” she said

 

V kissed Jisoo’s temple.

 

“I will be back.” he said.

 

--------

 

 

The wolves were fighting like the wild animals they are, they were vicious. And V could see why. The enemies are creatures like they’ve never seen before. V saw several wolves down on the ground. But most of them are still fighting so fiercely, V felt proud of how Jinyoung had trained his warriors.

 

They do not easily give up.

 

And these are the warriors V need at the final battle. And so he can not lose these warriors now. They have to survive this and fight.

 

V saw Jinyoung facing the three headed dog, Sehun faced the centaur. The two creatures of the air are the ones making the most damage.

 

V released ice arrows on his right and left hands directed towards the two enemies. The arrows kept coming out of his hands non stop. The bee creature’s wings got hit and he fell to the ground. The bat creature tried to avoid the attack, but V did not allow the creature to go far. V let sharp ice fall from above the creature. It hit the enemy in different parts of his body and he fell on the ground, possibly lifeless. The wolves went to the fallen enemies and showed them that wolves should not be messed with. V no longer watched. He saw the centaur on the ground dead. Sehun did not even need to shift to defeat the enemy. While Jinyoung…

 

V could see Jinyoung breathing. He was breathing deeply and seems to be catching his breath. His eyes are sharp and V could see Jinyoung’s hands had already changed. The dog had already lost two heads.

 

“Sehun!” called V. “We need to put Jinyoung back under control.”

 

Sehun just then noticed Jinyoung’s changed hand.

 

“I will take the dog. Calm Jinyoung down.” said V

 

Sehun sighed.

 

“You gave me the harder task, Dragon.” said Sehun as he ran towards Jinyoung.

 

V landed in front of the dog.

 

“Stay out of this, V.” said Jinyoung, his voice had gotten deeper.

 

“You have to control yourself, Brother. Or else you would be a greater threat to your people than this dog.” said V

 

“This dog had the audacity to hurt my mate!” shouted Jinyoung.

 

“Nayeon?” Sehun asked.

 

V saw Sehun kneeling on the ground beside a Lioness? A Lioness in the wolf tribe?

 

“Cousin! Nayeon, wake up! ” Sehun shook Nayeon.

 

V’s jaw clenched.

 

Nayeon’s eyes opened.

 

“Cousin.” said Nayeon

 

“Thank Vishox you’re alive.” said Sehun

 

Jinyoung growled loud as he charged to attack the dog but his shoulder had gotten so much bigger.

 

“Sehun! Get Jinyoung!” shouted V

 

Sehun stood up and ran towards Jinyoung. Sehun grabbed Jinyoung. And then he released his wings as he carried Jinyoung up in the air.

 

V’s hands turned into sharp swords of ice as he charged against the three headed dog and beheaded the dog completely. The enemy fell on the ground.

 

“Put me down! That was for me to do! I am supposed to kill that dog!” said Jinyoung

 

“I know, Brother. If it was Lisa who was hurt, I would also want to crush that beast with my own hands. But that’s me, Jinyoung. I do not turn into a Demon Wolf.” said Sehun. “You on the other hand, if you don’t put that anger under control, you are going to kill your entire clan including Nayeon. As Nayeon’s cousin and as your brother, I can not allow you to end so miserably.” said Sehun

 

Jinyoung growled.

 

“Get it together, Jinyoung… Nayeon is alive but injured. She needs a healer soon. And she’ll need you.” said Sehun. “You can not become a demon wolf right now. Nayeon needs her mate, not the demon wolf.”

 

Jinyoung took a deep breath.

 

“That’s right… do it slowly…” said Sehun

 

“Why are we just a few feet from the ground?” asked Jinyoung. “If this was Taeyong he would have brought me so high up. He would have already dropped me by now.”

 

Sehun chuckled.

 

“There is a reason why I seldom use my wings, I can barely carry my own weight using these.” said Sehun. “Now I even had to carry a wolf double his normal size.”

 

Jinyoung sighed.

 

“I hate heights.” said Jinyoung

 

“It can be scary.” said Sehun

 

“Taeyong gave me a trauma about it.” said Jinyoung.

 

“You can’t blame Taeyong. You were already afraid of heights even before Taeyong dropped you.” said Sehun.

 

“I am not afraid. It just…makes me sick.” said Jinyoung.

 

Sehun noticed Jinyoung’s shoulder shrinking. Jinyoung’s hand also changed back to normal.

 

“I wish Taeyong was here.” said Jinyoung.

 

Sehun closed his eyes tight.

 

“So do I, Brother…So do I.” said Sehun.

 

Sehun landed. Jinyoung saw V beside Nayeon helping Nayeon up. Jinyoung ran towards Nayeon and pulled his mate in his arms.

 

“I am going to get a healer.” shouted Jackson as he ran.

 

“The injury isn’t serious.” said Nayeon, now on her human form.

 

“You were unconscious when I arrived.” said Jinyoung.

 

“It seems the three headed dog knocked me out. Aside from the pain in my head, I feel all right.” said Nayeon.

 

Jinyoung pulled back.

 

“Still I would only be at peace when a healer looks at you.” said Jinyoung, kissing Nayeon’s forehead.

 

“Fine.” Nayeon answered.

 

“You shifted.” said Jinyoung

 

Nayeon smiled.

 

“It was amazing.” said Nayeon

 

Jinyoung pulled Nayeon even closer and kissed her on her lips. It was heated and passionate. Sehun looked away.

 

“This is all sorts of wrong. First, That’s my cousin he’s kissing. Second… I haven’t seen Lisa for a week.” said Sehun. “So unfair.”

 

“Cousin.” said Nayeon.

 

“Oh. You’re done kissing?” asked Sehun

 

Nayeon blushed profusely.

 

V cleared his throat.

 

“The woman and children of our clan went to the East to seek refuge from your clan.” said Nayeon.

 

“I am sure Lisa handled everything.” said Sehun. “They are always welcome there.”

 

“Thank you.” said Nayeon.

 

“What are you thanking for? You are my cousin. We are family.” said Sehun

 

Nayeon smiled.

 

“Oh… did Princess Seulgi arrive safely to your clan, King V?” asked Nayeon as she turned to V

 

“She did.” said V.

 

“Good. I was worried. She looked exhausted when she arrived here.” said Nayeon. “She even protected our women and children on their way to the East. I was worried she’ll not make it to the North once exhaustion claims her. I wanted to ask her to rest first.”

 

V smiled.

 

“Well that’s my sister. She is one who never gives up easily.” said V, a proud note on his voice. “She’s also stubborn. She arrived at my palace unconscious. However, when I saw the attack made on your clan, I can see why she pushed herself like that. She must’ve been worried of the safety of your clan.”

 

“What do you plan now, Jinyoung? Many structures had been damaged.” said Sehun

 

Jinyoung looked around. And a smile formed on his lips as he saw his wolf warriors.

 

“We used to live on tents before we claimed this place.” said Jinyoung. “We can always go back to tents.”

 

The warriors nodded in agreement.

 

“Right now, Our focus should be on the final battle. We can not use our time to rebuild this place, not yet. Those four southern warriors are only a taste of what is to come. And now that they have arrived here… it seems the wall has been opened.” said Jinyoung. “We do not know how little time is left for us.”

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“It seems Princess Seulgi holds the answers to our questions, V.” said Sehun.

 

“We shall talk to her as soon as she has strength.” said V.

 

 

----------

 

 

 

Seulgi took a deep breath as she slowly walked towards a chair in the healer’s ward.

 

“Is it painful?” asked Jisoo

 

“A little.” said Seulgi. “My body felt bruised all over.”

 

“You exhausted yourself to the point of fainting, Princess.” said Jisoo, placing a cup of tea in front of Seulgi.

 

“You need to recover strength.” said Jisoo

 

Seulgi nodded and then she started drinking the tea.

 

“Have I told you I missed you, Princess?” asked Jisoo, a smile on her lips.

 

Seulgi almost dropped her cup.

 

“Don’t speak like that when someone is drinking a very hot tea.” said Seulgi

 

Jisoo smiled.

 

“I missed you Princess. I am glad you’re back.” said Jisoo. “Your brother was most worried of you.”

 

“I’m pretty sure he was worried about what trouble I was causing.” said Seulgi

 

“Well that maybe true too.” said Jisoo

 

Seulgi snorted. Jisoo laughed.

 

“What kind of tea is this?” asked Seulgi

 

“Sibu Tea. It’s very nutritious.” said Jisoo

 

And the Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

“Speaking of tea. There is something I want to ask you.” said Jisoo

 

Jisoo went to a cabinet and took a black pouch. She took dried leaves from inside it. And gave it to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi looked at the leaves and then she smelt it. Her eyes widened! Recognition filled her senses.

 

“This… where did you get this?” asked Seulgi

 

“When Sir Taeyong went here to get needing medicine for you. He left that pouch.” said Jisoo

 

“These are Derin leaves.” said Seulgi. “A friend of mine… she was also a healer in the South, her name is Yeri. She told me this leaf is used by workers to relieve their aching muscles. But that if this is taken too much, it could be dangerous. It can paralyze a person in the long run.”

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“I actually studied it because I felt there was a reason why Sir Taeyong left me this. And then I realized what it was. In the West we call it, Shuka leaves. Shuka leaves are poisonous in that it can paralyze a person or even cause death.” said Jisoo

 

Seulgi’s throat moved.

 

“We do not use it even to relieve muscle pain. It is too dangerous to be used even in that manner since it can soften the bones.” said Seulgi. “The thing I learned though is that the poison gets stronger as the leaves are kept longer.”

 

“What do you mean?” asked Seulgi

 

“These leaves Sir Taeyong left are so potent… even just one cup of this can paralyze a person.” said Jisoo

 

Seulgi’s eyes closed.

 

“Oh no…” she breathed.

 

“What is wrong, Princess?” asked Jisoo

 

“Taeyong he… he drinks this tea no matter how many times I stopped him.” said Seulgi.

 

Seulgi turned to Jisoo and touched Jisoo’s hand.

 

“Jisoo… Taeyong is poisoning himself…” said Seulgi

 

Jisoo took a shaky breath.

 

“Why is he doing that?” asked Jisoo, brows drawn together in worry. “That is too dangerous!”

 

“I think that he… is trying to weaken Kong by weakening his body…” said Seulgi

 

Jisoo sat beside Seulgi, looking pale.

 

“Sir Taeyong is doing everything… everything to stop that beast from destroying Vishox.” said Jisoo. “Even at the cost of his own life.”

 

Seulgi felt her chest gripping in so much pain. She’s… going to lose Tayeong… Oh no… no…

 

Tears fell from the Princess eyes as strong and deep emotions course through her chest.

 

She can’t… she can’t lose Taeyong…

 

Jisoo gripped Seulgi’s hand.

 

“I have found a way to reverse the effect of the Shuka leaves.” said Jisoo

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened.

 

“You have?” asked Seulgi

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“But it is a long term treatment. It will take time for the body to recover. But as long as the person is still alive, he can still be treated.” said Jisoo. “We have treated them several times in the wolf clan.”

 

Seulgi wiped her tears.

 

“Are you sure?” asked Seulgi

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“As long as he’s alive, I can treat him.” said Jisoo.

 

“Then that means there is still a chance I won’t lose him.” said Seulgi

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

Seulgi felt hope rising in his chest.

 

She has to find that contract. Once Kong is out of Taeyong’s body, Taeyong can be treated and Kong can be killed. There is no other way. She has to get Kwangsoo to talk.

 

 

------------

 

 

V saw Seulgi waiting for him in his study.

 

“Jisoo told me I’d find you here.” said V. “You should be resting. Your body has not fully recovered. And it is going to be a tough day tomorrow.”

 

Seulgi sighed.

 

“There is something that bothers my mind and keeps me awake.” said Seulgi

 

“What is that?” asked V, sitting beside Seulgi.

 

“Why did you not stop him from leaving when he went to get the needing medicine?” asked Seulgi. “Why did you just let him leave knowing he could bring destruction to Vishox if you just allow him to go back to the South? Why did you allow him to leave when you know he abducted your only sister?”

 

V sighed.

 

“You were needing. And I can’t let you go through that without help. You are my only sister.” said V. “Besides… we’re talking about Taeyong…”

 

“What about him?” asked Seulgi

 

“He abducted my only sister but I know he will never hurt her.” said V

 

“How can you be sure of that?” asked Seulgi

 

“He will never hurt his own.” said V

 

“His own?” asked Seulgi

 

“It’s not my position to tell you.” said V. “But I know that of all the people in Vishox… Taeyong is the one who’s going to protect you and care for you the most. That is why no matter how angry I am that he took you away… I couldn’t demand him to give you back…” said V

 

“Why?” asked Seulgi

 

“Just as Jisoo belongs to me now… Beside me is not the place you truly belong, Seulgi. Think about that.” said V

 

V rose from his seat.

 

“There is war ahead, Sister. Your body needs to recover. Don’t burden Hilla too much by overexerting your body.” said V.

 

“Hilla just told me you are full of wisdom.” said Seulgi rolling her eyes.

 

V chuckled.

 

“Your dragon has more sense than you.” said V

 

Seulgi dragged herself to her bed that night. She could not understand what V said earlier but it seems V was implying something…

 

Seulgi closed her eyes as fatigue consumed her.

 

She will think about it some other time… for now… she needs to…

 

Sleep.

 

Princess…

 

Seulgi felt something touch her cheek. It felt warm…

 

Princess…

 

Seulgi opened her eyes slowly and saw a blurry image of a man.

 

How are you, Princess?

 

That familiar voice…

 

And then the man in front of her became clearer…

 

Taeyong?

 

Seulgi looked around and found that they are enveloped by darkness. This had already happened before… But now… there is no green light!

 

“What… am I doing here?” asked Seulgi

 

Taeyong chuckled.

 

“Well actually… you should ask me what I am doing here.” said Taeyong. “This is your consciousness, not mine.”

 

Her consciousness…. is she… is she dreaming then?

 

“What… are you doing here?” asked Seulgi

 

“I was worried.” said Taeyong. “I know you’re intelligent. I know you will understand the instructions I gave you. But I also know that the warriors guarding the wall are strong. I was worried about you… I could not find rest until I know you are fine. But I couldn’t find your consciousness for a long time…”

 

“Do you mean you could not find me sleeping?” asked Seulgi. “I did not sleep for two days…I slept a little while earlier when I arrived in the North. I fainted-”

 

“You fainted?” Taeyong pulled Seulgi closer looking all over her body.

 

“I am fine now. I was just exhausted.” said Seulgi

 

Taeyong pulled Seulgi in his arms.

 

“I am… so glad you are safe…” Taeyong’s hold tightened. “You have no idea how much of a hell it was for me… I couldn’t think of anything else but just to know you are safe.”

 

Seulgi smiled as she returned Taeyong’s embrace.

 

“You prepared everything well for me.” said Seulgi. “I made it out.”

 

“That is because you are a smart Princess, Seulgi.” said Taeyong.

 

Seulgi felt Taeyong placing a kiss on top of her head.

 

Seulgi lifted her head up and kissed Taeyong on his lips. It was a quick touch of their lips.

 

And then Seulgi stared at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter