Dragon King: Chapter 2

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***A Long Chapter Ahead!!!

 

 

Dragon King Chapter 2

 

Jisoo knows that ethics is not her talent. But there is good reason why. First, she’s a wolf. There is no such thing as ethics in their tribe. Second, it is highly uncomfortable. It feels so stiff and requires a lot of brainwork to remember every rule. Third… it can be weird. A wolf like her who is used to touching may think they are the most touchy creatures in Vishox. But Sir Taeyong proved her wrong. He would touch each female’s hand and kiss it in greeting! In greeting! Without any relation!
 King V never did that until Irene was announced as his mistress.
 Since then… 
Jisoo sighed as she battled the pain in her chest. 
Since then King V and Irene sat next to each other every meal and Jisoo knows their rooms are next to each other... they may not be showy of being intimate, but Jisoo knows theu are.  it’s too much for Jisoo’s heart to bear… especially now… 


Yours.


King V is her mate but she can’t stake a claim. How can you claim a king when he’s your sister’s lover? 
Jisoo wanted to hide whenever she sees them together. She does not want to see them… it was too much to bear…
“Miss Jisoo, Miss Irene and Sir RM are now waiting for you by the gate.” Said a dragon healer.
Jisoo stood up.
“I’m coming, thank you.” Said Jisoo.

-----------


Jisoo and Irene walked the forest while a Dragon warrior was behind them. They do  this once a month to collect herbs.
“It’s almost night. We should head back.” Said Irene.
And then Jisoo noticed a lavender colored plant on the side of a creek near a swamp.
“Is that… Sister… is that Helexa Flowers?” asked Jisoo. “They are sooooo many!”
Helexa! Those flowers only bloom at night. And you have to pick them while they are in bloom, immediately. Not only is it aesthetically beautiful, but it is also so potent in fighting against certain poisons that it had already saved a few lives back  in the wolf tribe. Who would believe it survives the cold of the north!
Irene did not seem to pay Jisoo attention as she kept looking at the sky.
“Jisoo, we have to go back. It is almost night time. King V will look for me.” Said Irene
But… the Helexa flowers! 
“Sister, you are right… you should head back. Sir RM, can you bring my sister back to the palace please. I would like to stay here for a bit longer.” Said Jisoo.
“On your  own?” asked Irene. “Of course not.”
“I will only stay for a while. And Sir RM is very fast, he can return for me in no time.” Said Jisoo
“The King may be in needing any time soon, Miss Irene. It is best that you return as soon as possible.” Said RM. 
“Then… will Jisoo be safe here?” asked Irene
“This part of the forest is one of the safest. If Miss Jisoo will  promise to stay in this area, her safety will not be a problem.” Said RM. “Besides, I will be back for her soon.”
“See!” said Jisoo. “Sir RM’s plan is perfect. Now off you go, sister.”
Irene sighed.
“Do not go far, Jisoo. If something happens to you, I will never forgive you… nor myself.” Said Irene
Jisoo smiled.
“Sister, I will be safe. Now go, the King needs you.” Said Jisoo.
------

Jisoo slowly stepped on the rock going down the creek. She has to be careful. If she slides, she will fall on the swamp. That is not a pleasing considering how mossy it looked.
Jisoo focused as she reached the next rock to step on, and another, and another until she is able to reach the Helexa flowers. They are now blooming! She got there on time. She picked as many as she could reach and put them on the cloth that was tied to her side. 
Jisoo is one happy healer. Another rare herb to add to the Healer ward! And possibly, a few lives to be saved!
And then Jisoo felt the rock under her move. Oh no… Jisoo took the cloth off her body and hooked it on another rock. And then the rock she was stepping on gave way. Jisoo fell. She bumped into several rock before she fell on the swamp.
------------

Irene is biting her nails as she looked restless in her seat while having supper.
“What is the matter?” asked V
 “Jisoo…”
V looked at the right side where Jisoo would usually sit and it was vacant. It is not usual for the girl to miss supper.
“We went picking herbs earlier.” Said Irene. “She said she’ll stay a bit more in the forest while Sir RM brings me back safe here. Sir RM is suppose to go back to her.”
V’s eyes narrowed.
“Taeyong, who did you ask to bring my message to Sehun?” asked V
“RM. I asked him to bring your message.” Said Taeyong.
V sighed.
“My Lord…” said Irene. “Is there a way we can ask someone to get my sister? She’s been there alone for hours. ”
V nodded.
“Taeyong, find Jisoo and bring her back.” Said V
Taeyong nodded.
-----------

Jisoo opened her eyes and saw darkness everywhere. Where is she? She tried to sit up but felt pain all over her. She slowly did so. And then she remembered. She fell from the creek. Did she save the Helexa flowers? She could not remember if she hooked the cloth on the rock properly. She fell on the swamp and it felt like she was being pulled under.  She tried to remember everything her cousin Jinyoung taught her. She tried to relax and swim. But it was a toil. It was so hard. By the time she reached the surface, she was losing strength. 
“Thank Vishox for this stubbornness I have.” Said Jisoo.
If not because she refuse to die under a mossy swamp, she would have been buried there and no one would have known.
Jisoo tried to stand up. It’s so dark  now. How long had she been lying there? Did Sir RM return for  her?
Her sister will be worried of her. She  usually visits Rita in the kitchen at this time, will Old Rita be worried of her too? Or maybe Princess Seulgi. The Princess sometimes looks for her asking for a cup of night tea but they would end up talking for hours. Or maybe the Dragon healers. After six years of  being in the Dragon Kingdom, she was able to make a few Dragon Healer friends who goes to  her not only to learn  about healing but also just to spend time with  her talking about life. After six years, she could say she has finally adapted to  the new life she has around Dragons. She is still  not popular like her sister Irene. But she is content. She has everything she needs to  do her work…
Everything…
Well maybe not everything. 
It’s been a year since she learned King V is her mate. It had been an excruciatingly difficult year. Jisoo tried to avoid the King as much as  she can. But because she’s required to  eat dinner with the assembly, she has to see him everyday and be subjected to his… his luring and powerful scent. She would eat very fast and leave early telling everyone  that she needs to go back to the healer ward. But every time she does that, her heart would scream to her to stay, go to King V and ask him to claim her!
She would look like a desperate lunatic if she gives in! And she would betray her sister who is kind and whom everybody loves!
Jisoo shook her head. She has to  do something about this. She has to think of an excuse to have dinner in the  healer ward.  
Jisoo shakily took a step. And then she screamed. She saw a white figure walking towards her.
“What kind of creature are you lurking around this area?” asked the white figure
A familiar voice…
“Sir Taeyong?” asked Jisoo
“Huh? Who are you?” asked Taeyong
“Jisoo! I’m Jisoo!”
Taeyong went closer to Jisoo. Jisoo can now see his face in the moonlight.
“What happened to  you? Do you know what you look like right now?” asked Taeyong.
“Tell me about it.” Said Jisoo. “I feel sticky and wet all over.”
“Mud. Lots of it. And green… green all over you.” Said Taeyong.
“You have very good eye sight at night. I can only feel, but can’t  see anything much.” Said Jisoo. 
Taeyong shook his head.
“What happened?” asked Taeyong.
“I fell from the creek.”
Taeyong looked around and saw creek from afar.
“That was a terribly high place to fall.” Said Taeyong.
“Maybe that’s why I feel horrible right now.” Said Jisoo
“You are lucky you have survived that.” Said Taeyong.
“I feel a lot of  injuries.” Said Jisoo. “Painful… even just standing is painful.”
“What caused you to go near a creek?” asked Taeyong
Jisoo’s eyes widened. 
“The cloth! Do you see a white cloth near the top of the creek?” asked Jisoo
Taeyong spotted the white cloth.
“Yes.” Said Taeyong.
“Can you help me get it?” asked Jisoo. “You are stronger than me. I don’t think I can climb up there.”
“Can you tell me what that is for?” asked Taeyong.
“Those are Helexa flowers. They are very good antidotes against poisons.” Said Jisoo. “The healer ward does not  have anything like it. It is very potent.”
“You went up that creek and risked your life for that flower?” asked Taeyong.
“But.. But… Sir Taeyong, that flower had already saved lives in the wolf tribe.” Said Jisoo. “It will be very helpful here too.”
Taeyong sighed.
“I will get the flowers but…. Jisoo, the king will not like this. You are under our protection and we will answer to Jinyoung if something happens to you. You cannot  just put your life at risk.” Said Taeyong.
“I understand. Thank you, Sir Taeyong!” Jisoo smiled widely, but it was hidden under mud.
Taeyong released his large wings. Jisoo gasped. It’s the first time she’s seen it.
“I have no choice. I have to carry you since you are injured. Bit I am now telling you that I already regret it. This is the first time I am carrying a swamp ghost.” Said Taeyong
Jisoo sighed.
“I am terribly sorry for imposing on you Sir Taeyong.” Said Jisoo
----------

Jisoo entered the hall behind Taeyong. The door closed behind her.
 That scent…
Oh no…
And then Taeyong stopped. 
“My Lord.” He said.
Jisoo took a deep breath. She does not need to lift her head to know King V was present.
“Why did you bring a mud monster here?” asked V
Jisoo sighed.
“You would be surprised, My Lord. This mud monster turns into a beautiful lady after a thorough bath.” Said Taeyong.
Jisoo rolled her eyes.
“Good Evening, My Lord.” Said Jisoo. “I am sorry I missed supper.”
Jisoo’s eyes was on the floor.
“What happened?” asked V
“Jisoo saw these flowers.” Taeyong lifted the white cloth full of beautiful lavender colored flowers.  “picked it by a creek and fell on a swamp.”
V’s eyes narrowed.
“You risked your life like that just for flowers?” asked V
“Healing Flowers, My Lord.” Said Jisoo. 
“Jisoo said it helps against poisons.” Said Taeyong.
“If it is indeed helpful then you should come back here first, ask me for warriors. They should be the ones getting those flowers. Not you.” Said V. “Do  you understand?”
Jisoo took a deep breath.
Mistake. 
She just inhaled one full puff of desire.
Oh no…
Jisoo could already feel her body warming up. She’s not been this close to V for … for a year! Now, she wants nothing but to touch him and bury her nose on his skin!
And then Jisoo felt something cold touch her chin lifting her face up. Her eyes rose and widened. Just in front of her is King V, touching her chin forcing her to look at him.
“Do you understand?” repeated V
“Huh? Wh… what?” 
V closed his eyes tight in frustration.
V is only wearing a thin red robe. It’s neckline drops so low, Jisoo  could see a large portion of V’s chest. Jisoo wanted to touch it. It is the first time she had seen him dressed so informally.
“You are no longer allowed to leave the castle without a warrior with you. And you are not allowed to stay in the forest alone.” Said V. “Is that understood?”
“My Lord… I am a healer. Searching for herbs is part of  my tasks!” said Jisoo, stepping back a little.
V’s hand dropped to his  side.
“I am not saying you quit looking for herbs.” He said, moving closer to Jisoo.  “I am saying you are never leaving this castle alone. You have no sense of danger!”
Jisoo took another step back.
“I have, My Lord. I know it was dangerous and that I might fall.” Said Jisoo
“What? You knew it was dangerous and still you did it?” asked V
“Because that flower is rare and it may save a life!” said Jisoo. “This flower dies quickly. If we don’t get it tonight, it may no longer be around tomorrow. As  it is, I need to  bring the flowers back to the healer ward immediately so that I can preserve it.”
“There is no one who is poisoned at this moment. It wasn’t urgent for you to get that flower. However if you have died there, my healers would  lose one teacher and my mistress would mourn for her sister. Not only that, I would forever have a strained relationship with Jinyoung who is a brother to me!” said V, his voice almost shouting. “Do you not understand the implications of  your life lost?”
Jisoo’s throat moved.
“I… have never thought of myself to  be that important, my Lord. I honestly did not know…” said Jisoo. “I was only thinking of the wolf people who were saved by this  flower back home… of how families would have lost a father… a mate… a mother… of children’s young lives lost if it was not saved. And then I think about the Dragons… the few friends I made through the years… I did not want them to lose someone dear to  them.”
There was a long moment of silence. Jisoo and V’s eyes stared at each other so intensely that Taeyong looked away uncomfortably.
“This place is now a home to me, My Lord. I want to take care of the Dragons.” Said Jisoo, her voice trembling.
And then Jisoo looked away.
V’s eyes continued to look at Jisoo. But there was no words spoken for a very long time.
“You will not be able to take care of anyone if you yourself is already dead.” Said V. “Clean yourself and rest. I am certain that fall had exhausted you.”
Jisoo took a deep breath. She bowed and then she walked out of the hall. 
Taeyong sighed.
“She’s injured.” Said V. “She could not walk properly. She seems to be in pain.”
Taeyong nodded.
“It was… a very high creek.” Said Taeyong. “I don’t know how she survived it.”
“She has skills.” Said V. “She was definitely trained by Jinyoung.” 
Taeyong nodded.
“It had saved her life today.” Said Taeyong. 
V noticed a flower on the floor. He picked it up and stared a it for a while.
“Beautiful isn’t it?” asked Taeyong. “And now that we know what it is for, it suddenly looked so much more beautiful than it looks.”
V smelt it. 
 “Take the flowers to the Healer ward.” Said V. “Make sure it gets treated.”
“The flowers?”
V sighed
“Jisoo.” Said V. “Take care of  her.”
Taeyong smiled.

------------

Irene was brushing her hair when V entered her room. 
“My Lord.” Said Irene. “I just helped you relieve your needing. Did it attack again?”
V shook  his head as he sat on a chair. Irene placed her brush on the table and sat next to V.
“You sister is safe.” Said V
“Thank you. I know you will not stop until she is found.” Said Irene.
“Injured.” Said V
“What? What happened to her?” Irene sounded alarmed.
“Your sister went to a creek, took some flowers, fell from that creek into a swamp.” Said V
Irene sighed.
“Ever since she was a child, she has that adventurous side to her.” Said Irene. “We could not control her. That is why cousin Jinyoung taught her how to  survive in the wild..”
So that’s why…
“The flower she took…” said V
“It was the Helexa, right? She keeps talking about it when she saw it from afar but I ignored her. I know she’d insist for  us to go get it. But it was too dangerous. And far.” Said Irene. “It was also in the muddy area. I didn’t want to go there. It was not for a lady to go there and get the flowers. Jisoo  has not learned how to be lady like yet. I would have asked for a warrior to get the flowers. But I needed to attend to you tonight, my Lord. You were needing. I would have asked a warrior to get it tomorrow.” 
“She returned with wounds all over her.” Said V.
“I can’t be that careless to my body. I am a woman. And I am your mistress, My Lord.” Said Irene, caressing V’s arm.
V nodded and then he stood up.
“You’re leaving my Lord?” asked Irene
“I just came here to tell you Jisoo is safe.” Said V. “Sleep now.”
V kissed Irene’s head and then he left.

-----------
The door opened and Taeyong came in.
“You are still awake my Lord?” asked Taeyong.
“My mind keeps me awake.” Said V
“Can I help you?” asked Taeyong.
“How is Jisoo?” asked V
“She is in the healer’s ward. She had taken a bath, treated her wounds and is now preserving the flowers.” Said Taeyong
“She said the flowers were needed to be picked tonight or else it will be gone tomorrow.” Said V.
Taeyong nodded.
“Irene said she would have asked a warrior to get it tomorrow.” Said V
Taeyong’s eyes widened.
V leaned back on his chair.
“If Irene is right, then Jisoo had put her life in danger unnecessarily and she must be punished. But if Jisoo is right… “
V took a deep breath as he closed his eyes tight.
“Then that means we’ve been trusting the wrong  healer all this time.” Said V.
 V opened his eyes.
“I  might’ve hurt Jisoo by not trusting her healing abilities just because she was young… and that… that’s what’s keeping me awake.” Said V
“Then that means you believe Jisoo.” Said Taeyong.
V sighed.
“I saw it in her eyes, Brother… I saw it. Her sincerity for my people… for the dragons.” Said V.
“Have you seen that sincerity from Irene?” asked Taeyong.
“Irene?”
“She is your mistress. Until you meet your mate, she is considered queen. Do you see in her the same sincerity for your people that you saw in Jisoo?” asked Taeyong
V’s eyes narrowed but he did not answer.
Taeyong’s throat moved.
“Only time will tell who is the better healer, My Lord.” Said Taeyong. “We have to wait and see.”
----------

It’s been a few months since the fall to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter