King of the South: Chapter 10

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Thank you so much Guys for holding on to this series from the Wolf King to the Lion King, the Dragon King to the King of the South. Your comments are heartwarming and your excitement also excites me to write. Wow... It took me a year to finally reach this point. This was too ambitious a project for me to take and I realized as I was writing how difficult it was as I went along. Hahaha! But your support was unwavering even when I had to take breaks along the way. Thank you so much for being patient with me and for still reading this story until now. I am grateful for the interest you give this story. Thank you so much, Dears. 

If everything goes well, the final chapter of the King of the South and the conclusion to the series The Brotherhood of the Heirs will be published by the end of this week. See you there! :D

 

Thank you!

Mel_Mahogany4

 

 

 

 

King of the South

Chapter 10

 

 

Yunho’s group divided into four together with Jihyun’s men and they saw for themselves how slowly the warriors were decreasing in number. It was outstanding how Jihyun’s men were able to poison the warriors with ease. It did not even require Yunho’s men any effort. They just watched from afar.

 

It’s still too early to say how many of the enemies will fall asleep by nightfall. But they can’t waste time waiting. It was the third day and if Seulgi’s information is right, the warriors are moving in a few hours and by nightfall… the wall is going to be broken.

 

“Jisoo’s concoction will surely work.” said Lisa.

 

“Jisoo is a scary woman.” said Kai. “She can heal a dead man to life… but she can also poison a battalion.”

 

Seulgi couldn’t help but smile at that. Jisoo is the most innocent woman she had ever met. But through the years of battle, the innocent healer had become a warrior of her own. She may have stopped insisting her way into the battlefield, but she knows how to use her brain to fight along side the people she cares about.

 

Yunho’s entire group went back towards the wall but this time Jihyun and several of his men also went with them.

 

“We have to return to the Kings and report what has happened here. Also, we have to align with them what Miss Jihyun had planned from her end.” said Yunho.

 

Everyone nodded.

 

“The Kings will be pleased to see you, Miss Jihyun.” said Seulgi.

 

Jihyun smiled.

 

“Everyone, let’s go. We have to prepare for the battle ahead.”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened.

 

“Wait, Master Yunho I need to stay here.” said Seulgi.

 

“Princess it isn’t safe here.” said Yunho

 

“Nowhere is safe, Master.” said Seulgi. “Once the wall is broken there is no place in Vishox that is safe.”

 

Yunho’s eyes narrowed.

 

“And what do you plan to do here? You will stop the wall from breaking?” asked Yunho. “How on Vishox do you think Kong will be defeated? Do you rather the kings come here through the cracks and fight him? Here where they are outnumbered?”

 

Seulgi took a deep breath.

 

“You don’t understand…” Seulgi took a deep breath. “I need to find a way to free him… I need to help him…”

 

Lisa held Seulgi’s hand.

 

“Listen Seulgi, Master Yunho has a point. The wall is going to break at some point. It’s inevitable. The war is going to happen, the battle is fated to happen. We have done everything we could. Miss Jihyun’s men are able. They have given the poison to the warriors. We have done our mission. Once they have substantially decreased in number, we can fight them. We will have a chance to win.” said Lisa

 

“But how about Taeyong?” asked Seulgi. “Are we just going to leave him?”

 

Nobody could answer. Seulgi looked around her and everyone looked lost.

 

Seulgi turned Lisa’s hand. This time, it was Seulgi who was gripping Lisa’s hand tight.

 

“He is my mate…” Seulgi’s voice cracked. “He’s that part of me I can’t leave behind…”

 

Lisa took a deep breath.

 

“You would know how this feels, Lisa.” said Seulgi. “You know I can not just leave him like this.”

 

Everyone seemed to know what Seulgi is going through but they also know what has to be done.

 

“I am only the leader of this group.” said Yunho. “But in terms of our positions, I will submit to your decisions. Queen Lisa… Princess Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi looked at Jihyun.

 

“You said he’s the rightful King.” said Seulgi. “then he must survive this.”

 

Jihyun nodded.

 

“Then that’s going to be my mission. All of you must kill Kong and defeat him… while I try to save Taeyong.” said Seulgi

 

“How do you think that can be done when they share the same body?” asked Lisa

 

“There must be a way. And I will find it.” said Seulgi

 

Lisa bit her lip hard.

 

“The Dragon King is going to kill me.” said Lisa.

 

“Not before he kills the Lion King.” said Kai.

 

Chanyeol nodded.

 

“The Lion King will die before anything happens to you.” said Chanyeol

 

“Princess… you can’t die here.” said Lisa. “You have to live. I can’t let my people be Kingless and Queenless because of the Dragon King’s wrath.”

 

Seulgi nodded.

 

Lisa pulled Seulgi into a hug.

 

“I would have decided the same thing if I were in your shoes.” said Lisa. “So you have to keep fighting for him no matter what.”

 

Seulgi nodded.

 

Lisa pulled back.

 

“Let’s all leave. The war is at hand. Princess Seulgi will remain here.” said Lisa

 

Everyone nodded.

 

Seulgi called Lisa.

 

“If my brother punishes anyone for this. Tell him that I am where I belong.” said Seulgi. “Tell him I will not leave where I truly belong.”

 

Lisa nodded.

 

Jihyun clasped Seulgi’s hand.

 

“Thank you…” said Jihyun.

 

And then Jihyun touched Seulgi’s chest. Jihyun winced a little as the necklace burned her hand.

 

“You are not alone, Dragon Princess Seulgi.” said Jihyun. “Always remember that.”

 

Seulgi felt the warmth of the necklace on her chest. Seulgi nodded.

 

Miss Jihyun is right. She’s not alone in this.

 

And then Yunho’s group started climbing the wall. Seulgi started running to the opposite direction.

 

----------

 

 

Taeyong could not breath… the pain was so overwhelming he felt every pore in his body closing and suffocating him. Taeyong tried to fight this…he tried to buy his Brothers more time… but it seems the poison was too strong… there is no stopping it now… he could barely move his own body… And then he started feeling it. Kong’s power overcoming him. Taeyong tried to fight but he was already too weak… and then he saw Kong in his mind… he saw the giant thunder bird like he had not seen it before.

 

“It seems it’s my time to rise…” said Kong.

 

And then Taeyong could only see darkness.

 

----------

 

 

They were in the battlefield facing the south. All the warriors are equipped and ready. The Kings together with Yunho’s group met in one of the tents. V’s anger could be felt by everyone. Sehun pulled Lisa behind him.

 

“And you let her stay there?” roared V. “That’s my sister you left behind!”

 

“She insisted, My Lord.” said Yunho. “I am the leader of the group. Punish me, My Lord.”

 

“No!” Lisa came forward but Sehun pulled her back. “I was the one who decided to agree with Seulgi. I decided to let her stay there.”

 

Sehun sighed.

 

“Why will you do that, My Love?” asked Sehun. “You know that V would not let this slide. He just got his baby sister back.”

 

V growled in frustration. He knows there is no one to blame but his own stupid stubborn sister! She must’ve said so many convincing words like she’s capable of.

 

“She said she is where she belongs.” said Lisa. “She said she can’t leave where she truly belongs.”

 

And just like that Seulgi used his own words against him. V sighed. It seems his little sister found it out finally… She has found out she is Taeyong’s mate. And she decided not to leave him. She decided to stay with him. What a stupid decision… and yet… he can not fault her.

 

Just thinking of how he lost Jisoo in the past… it was enough eat him inside like his own chest was killing him. Everyday was a slow death…

 

“Enough of this.” said V. “What’s done is done. We shall talk about this later. Right now we have more urgent matters at hand.”

 

V took a step forward and held Lady Jihyun’s hand.

 

“Forgive my outburst, Lady Jihyun. Welcome.” said V

 

Jihyun knelt in front of V but V helped her up.

 

“There is no need to do this.” said V

 

“You are the Dragon King… the Lion King and the Wolf King… All in front of me… It’s been such a long time… such a long time since I saw the three Kings…” said Jihyun.

 

“We are glad that One of King Max’ loyal official is here… but more than anything… we are glad that Master Gong Yoo’s comrade is now here with us.” said Jinyoung. “Master Gongyoo was like a father to us all.”

 

Jihyun tried to stop her tears from falling.

 

“I assure you I am not this emotional a person.” said Jihyun. “Well… we must delay this. We do not know how long we have left. By now, the warriors will be on their move towards the wall. Kong will be with them. His first move will be to break the wall.”

 

“That’s going to happen very soon.” said Sehun.

 

“My men are also in position. Once the wall is broken, the south warriors are surely by the wall. My men will be behind them ready to attack. They south warriors will be shocked to see not only enemies in front from Vishox, but also enemies at the back from my group.” said Jihyun.

 

“They will be surrounded.” said Sehun

 

Jihyun nodded.

 

“One advantage of the South is that they are great in number. We have already addressed that through the poison.” said Jihyun. “But one advantage Vishox has over the south is that the warriors of Vishox are tried and tested and are experts it war and the battlefield. The south warriors only knows everything from their training and practice. But they’ve never been to war.”

 

“Then that means once they see attacks coming from all directions, they will be rattled.” said Jinyoung.

 

“Exactly.” said Jihyun.

 

“Then we must use their confusion to our advantage. While they are confused, we must charge on and kill as many of them as possible.” said V.

 

Everyone nodded.

 

“The Kings must focus on Kong.” said Yunho. “We will lead the warriors into the battle. But only the three of you has the ability to stop and kill that beast.”

 

V nodded.

 

“Our weapons are also now ready. Nayeon has been teaching and creating durable and superior weapons all through this years for this great battle. Finally, we are going to make use of them.” said Jinyoung.

 

“The women and children are on their way to the north. Nayeon is leading them. The healers will stay near the battlefield. They will not enter the battlefield though until we have the enemies under our control. Jisoo is leading them.” said Sehun. “Miss Jihyun and Lisa together with some other warriors will guard and protect the healers.”

 

“Let us all get ready then.” said V.

 

-------------

 

 

The gigantic weapons were placed meters from the wall.

 

“This will aim at the flying creatures.” said V

 

“These are bigger than the ones used against you by your enemies during the battle of the North.” said Jinyoung.

 

“This can hit five targets at a time.” said V. “I talked to the creatures who created them against us before. Since they have now pledged loyalty to me, I made use of their skills and ordered them to create these.”

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“That’s good. Air creatures are surely great disadvantage for us.” said Sehun

 

“Once the creatures of the air is reduced, the dragons will fly and fill up the air and finish the battle in the sky while you finish the battle on land.” said V

 

Sehun and Jinyoung nodded.

 

------------

 

 

Seulgi reached the castle but there were so many guards. What can she do? She must find Kwangsoo. Seulgi hid behind one of the largest trees.

 

She must find that contract! And then Seulgi noticed a large number of warriors moving. It was almost night. And the warriors are already moving towards the wall.

 

Seulgi took a deep breath. She can’t do anything about this. The battle is inevitable. She can not even stop Kong from breaking the wall, it was meant to be broken in order to finally put an end to this. But she will do everything in her power to save Taeyong. If only she knows where to find Kwangsoo. Seulgi kept herself hidden. Now is not the time to get caught and with the many warriors moving around, she can’t do anything yet.

 

 

-----------

 

 

Taeyong was in darkness. He could no longer move. Every part of his body felt so heavy. It is  time to break the wall. Seulgi was able to reach his brothers. They would know what to do. They were trained for this day… they will not fail. Taeyong knew he head done everything he could. There will not be any regrets…

 

Except…

 

If he could only turn back time… he would have spent more time with Seulgi. He would have given her the love she deserves. He would have shown her how much he loves her. But this is the price he has to pay for desiring too much, for wanting happiness when he knows he could destroy everything and everyone. He had no right to dream… to love…

 

And yet when he looks at Seulgi… he feels like maybe he could…

 

The time has arrived… he’s losing the power to hold on to his consciousness. His body is so weak he could not even lift a finger. Kong has taken over. Will Kong notice what he had done? Kong had kept centuries of power inside. Will his power be enough to move Teayong’s body?

 

Taeyong took a deep breath.

 

Seulgi is safe with V… V will protect his sister…

 

As long as she’s safe… he can leave this world with peace…

 

He would let fate take over…

 

And then Taeyonng rested…

 

--------

 

 

Kong opened his eyes and saw his old room. Or maybe he should call it Max’ old room. He lifted his arm. It felt a bit heavy but it was a human arm. And it did not look like his. He stretched his neck and looked around. He could feel the air around him… he could smell and he could clearly see everything.

 

A smile formed on his lips.

 

Finally. Taeyong had finally surrendered to his power.

 

Kong stood up and felt his legs stiff. He took several steps and it felt like he had to drag his legs.

 

Hmm… this could be because he’s not used to Taeyong’s body. But this did not happen when the seal was broken before when Taeyong was younger.

 

It seems he needs to move a lot to make sure that the stiffness goes away. Kong released power all over his body, green light came out of him and clothed him all over.

 

He would rather not waste his power on moving this weak body. But he needs to.

 

Kong took several steps.

 

“That’s better.” he said

 

He could move better now.

 

Kong chuckled.

 

It is time to do what he has set to finish…

 

-----

 

 

 

Kong faced all his officials in the great hall. Everyone is looking at him with awe. Green light is shinning from Kong’s eyes as well as his entire body.

 

“I can finally smell victory.” said Kong. “This is the day I break that wall and conquer Vishox.”

 

Everyone cheered for Kong.

 

“I want everyone to get ready. We can not waste any time.” said Kong

 

The officials started moving out of the great hall to prepare the warriors. Sunny and Kwangsoo stayed.

 

“I am glad you two made sure everything went well.” said Kong

 

“We are happy to serve you, Your highness.” said Sunny

 

“Go along Sunny, make sure that everyone is ready.” said Kong.

 

Sunny nodded and left.

 

“You are looking at me like you’ve seen a ghost.” said Kong

 

Kwangsoo shook his head.

 

“Just surprised to see your power all over you like this, Your Highness.” said Kwangsoo. “And I can feel it even if I am standing this far away from you. You are truly powerful.”

 

Kong chuckled.

 

“Well it is true that I have centuries worth of power in me. I need that in order to break the wall.” said Kong.

 

“But You highness… if the wall needs your power… why are you already using them now? I can see your power all over your body.” said Kwangsoo. “You are already using great power even now.”

 

Kong’s eyes narrowed.

 

“You are saying I’m wasting my power?” asked Kong

 

Kwangsoo knelt immediately.

 

“I did not mean to sound like you are wasting your power. Never, Your highness. You are wise. You will never waste your power.” said Kwangsoo

 

Kong sighed.

 

“I could not move well with this body.” said Kong. “It maybe the years I’ve been kept sealed. But for some reason… I could not move this body the way I want to.”

 

“That is why you’re using your power?” asked Kwangsoo

 

“I could wait until I feel more comfortable with this body. But I do not want to waste more time. I have wasted centuries. That is why I will do whatever it takes to break that wall tonight and finish what I have started.” said Kong

 

Kwangsoo nodded.

 

“And will you leave that body once the wall is broken, Your Highness?” asked Kwangsoo

 

Kong’s brow raised.

 

“Once the wall is broken you do not need that body anymore.” said Kwangsoo. “The only purpose of that body for you is to break the wall, Your Highness.”

 

“We shall see. Indeed I only need Taeyong so that I can break the wall. Once I break it, I can leave his body and kill him.” said Kong.

 

“Kill him? But Your Highness… Taeyong faithfully implemented all your plans.” said Kwangsoo

 

“Are questioning me, Kwangsoo?” asked Kong

 

“Never, Your Highness… it’s just that I feel like it’s such a waste to kill such a capable warrior.” said Kwangsoo

 

“He maybe capable, but he’s too much of a risk to be kept alive.” said Kong. “He’s still Max’ descendant and I will not let any of his kin hinder me in any way, now or ever.”

 

Kwangsoo stared at Kong.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” asked Kong

 

“I… am trying to remember where I placed the contract, your Highness.” said Kwangsoo. “For you to break free from Taeyong’s body, the contract must be destroyed.”

 

“Indeed.” said Kong. A frustrated sigh came out of Kong. “That is one important contract! How could you forget where you put it?”

 

Kwangsoo smiled nervously.

 

“I was just testing your humor, Your Highness. I’m glad to know you still don’t have it.” said Kwangsoo laughing nervously.

 

“The contract…” breathed Kong.

 

“Is safe, Your highness.” said Kwangsoo. “I have kept it safe all these years.”

 

 

------------

 

 

Kong flew to the wall. His officials were already there waiting for him. The warriors were also ready as they stood near the wall.

 

Kong landed. He looked around. The number of the warriors are many. But he expected more. From what Taeyong told him, there should’ve been more warriors.

 

“Where are the others?” asked Kong

 

“The others?” asked Sunny.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter