Lion King: Chapter 2

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Lion King: Chapter 2

 

It’s been days since Leon realized that she can never be the kind of female the Commander will like. It still pains her heart every time. Whenever they go to the village, she will look at all the women and how they fashion themselves. She would imagine herself wearing their dresses and even thought of putting some ink the women put on their faces to make them look beautiful. But she wouldn’t dare… The Commander still think she’s a boy and she has to keep her pretense. One day… one day she’s going to be able to get the courage to tell him what she really is… and when that day comes…. Can he at least look at her as a woman?

Leon’s mind has been wandering to these thought s when they entered the forest and because her mind was elsewhere, she did not see the trap that was in front of her. She was caught on her leg and hung upside down.

DO laughed as he went to Leon to help him out of the trap.

“Good job for the trap waking you up from your day dream.” Said DO

Leon’s eyes narrowed in irritation.

“You’ve been out of sorts the past days, Leon. You’ve been too silent I was beginning to get worried. Godo thing this trap shook you.” said DO.

Leon shook his head.

“So… what’s wrong?” asked DO

“Nothing.” Said Leon

“Trick the sun… trick the moon… but you can never trick DO.” Said DO.

When Leon finally stood up, he took a deep breath.

“Ever felt a dagger on your chest?” asked Leon

“Huh? Not yet. Don’t want to experience that.” Said DO. “Did you? Let me take a look!”

Leon stomped on DO’s foot.

“One look and you’ll die.” Said Leon.

DO laughed.

“Hey! Don’t slow down, you two!” called out Sehun.

“Leon was caught in the trap.” Announced DO

Sehun walked back to them, his face looked annoyed.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay alert when we’re inside the forest?” asked Sehun.

“This kid was distracted.” Said DO. “Scold him, Commander. He’s going to get into trouble if he keeps ignoring his surroundings.”

Leon glared at  D O.

 “Hey ! I was just worried about you.  “ said  D O.

  Sehun sighed.

 “ Go ahead,   DO.   Let me just have  a minute  with this one.  “  said  Sehun . 

DO nodded and walked on.

“What’s the matter with you?” asked Sehun. “Getting caught in a trap? That’s not like you, Leon.”

Leon bit his lip.

“I was….just thinking of things.” Said Leon.

“If it’s too distracting and may put your life in danger, you have no choice but to tell me. What is it?” asked Sehun. “A man like me may have some insights to problems a boy like you face.”

Leon gulped. How will he say that his problem is the Commander? His complete disregard about her feelings for him…. Because she’s a female who only wants to be seen by him?

“I … am just disappointed with myself…. I mean how… how I still do not have a female.” Said Leon

Sehun chuckled.

“You are getting ahead of yourself. You are still young. Look at the warriors. Only Chanyeol is mated.  The rest only has either a mistress or just some casual women from time to time. You should not feel disappointed. The right woman will come along for you.” said Sehun.

“Just as….  The right one will come along for you too.” Said Leon

Sehun shook his head.

“That is unlikely to happen. I like the variety.” Said Sehun. “Now come along.”

Sehun pulled Leon but instead oppf helping Leon stand straight, Leon stumbled on the ground.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you? Why did your knees fold? Are you sick?” asked Sehun

Leon shook his head as he tried to stand up.

“It’s…. this stupid rock.” Said Leon.

But Leon could not stand straight.

“Sprained it?” asked Sehun as he knelt in front of Leon. “Looks like will get swollen.”

“Damn!” Leon does not like causing the group to slow down. The next mission is a big one. Timing is crucial.

“Here climb on my back.” Said Sehun.

“Huh?”

“I can’t leave you behind. And we need to get to the mission as soon as we can. We can’t slow down.” Said Sehun.

“You… are going to carry me?” asked Leon.

Sehun nodded as if it wasn’t a big deal.

“That’s absurd!” exclaimed Leon. “That’s just…. So unmanly!”

Sehun lifted Leon up in his arm. Leon’s eyes widened, she almost shrieked.

“I offered you my back but you rejected it. So bear this position.” Said Sehun.

“Please put me down Commander. Once the others see this they will never stop teasing!” said Leon.

“Stubborn, Kid.” Said Sehun. “Don’t worry. I will not let any female see you in your weakness.”

Leon snorted.

“Fine. Carry me behind you…. That will save some portion of my pride. Carrying me bridal style will be the end of me.” Said Leon

Sehun laughed and moved Leon to his back. But as he did, Sehun smelt that whiff of fragrance again. The powdery flowery scent that he only smells on Leon is a bit stronger today. It’s probably because Leon is so close to him. Leon put his arms on Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun turned his face to the side and sniffed Leon’s arm. Leon immediately withdrew his arm.

And there, that scent…. Sehun had the urge to and bite Leon’s arm.

“What…”

“You taking Lavander baths more frequently?” asked Sehun

“Huh?”

“Lavendar… and some other flowers… you smell like flowers.” Said Sehun

“Oh… I… haven’t taken a bath in a week.” Said Leon. “You’ve been commenting about how I smell lately.”

Leon smelt himself.

“Is it so bad?” asked Leon

“No… it’s just getting a bit stronger.” Said Sehun

“Huh? Nobody else is saying anything about it.” Said Leon.

“Must be because my sense of smell if too sensitive.” Said Sehun.

“Possibly.” Said Leon. “I will try to use rose water next time… maybe the lavender is bothering you.”

“No.” said Sehun. “Lavender is fine… I mean I don’t really care how you smell. As long as you don’t smell bad.”

“Oh…”

“You smell better than most females.” Said Sehun

“Oh?” Leon felt heat crawl up her cheeks.

Sehun turned his face again just so he could smell Leon’s arm. And the urge to bury his nose on the kid’s skin crossed his mind. Sehun shook his head in annoyance. Why did that even enter his mind? This is most odd.

“Yep… better than most females…” Sehun repeated.

--------------

 

“For this mission, we are splitting into two groups.” Said Sehun. “One group goes with me to penetrate the tribe. Remember that this treasure has many replicas. We have to get the genuine one. The other group will head to the next mission and prepare. Leon, you come with me. Cover for my group.”

Leon nodded. Adrenaline has rushed all over her system. She’s excited!

“In case there is trouble, everyone will give a whistle.” Said Sehun.

Everyone nodded.

“Kai, D.O. come with me.” Said Sehun

Leon climbed the highest tree he could go. And then he waited there. This is the fourth mission that she’s been helping out. There has not been any misses yet. Sehun has learned to trust him.

And then Leon heard women shouting. She turned to her right and saw a group of bandits, Leon’s blood boil in anger! They are the women!

Leon took a deep breath and then she shot a few arrows. The bandits scattered around.  The women were able to run. Leon focused again on the mission.  She saw Sehun’s group and hit as many people who will come their way as possible. When it seems like Sehun, Kai and DO are safe. Leon went down the tree. But she stopped.

Under her tree the bandits earlier were waiting for her. They had that menacing look in their faces.

“What do we have here?” asked one of the bandits. “Looks like a boy… or are you a girl?”

The other bandit raised his knife.

“I guess there’s only one way to find out!”

The bandits closed in on Leon. Leon fought, She tried to remember everything Sehun taught her. But the bandits were too many. Leon whistled but she wasn’t sure if Sehun’s group would have heard it as she felt something hard hit her head… and then she saw darkness all over.

---------------

Sehun heard the whistle, it was faint and it was cut short… but that was surely Leon’s whistle. He’s in trouble!

“Take the treasure to the others. I am going to get Leon.” Said Sehun.

“Is he in trouble?” asked DO. “I’ll help.”

“Go back with Kai. I can handle this.” Said Sehun

DO and Kai nodded and left. Sehun traced Leon’s scent. Funny how he can easily do it. With Leon, he only has to smell the surrounding and if he’s just around… he will definitely find his scent.

And then Sehun saw it, a few meters from him, he saw Leon lying on the ground, a few bandits undressing him! What do they think they’re doing? Are they going to a boy!

Sehun went on rage mode as he pulled one bandit after another, crushing their bones and their heads until not one was left alive. And then he quickly went to Leon to help him up…but stopped.

On the ground, Leon lay unconscious, his clothes opened….

Sehun blinked once… twice… and then he knelt beside Leon. There was some cloths wrapped around Leon’s chest but it has become lose now… this… are these…

Sehun gulped.

Leon has… are these s?


Sehun  used one of his fingers to touch the soft womanly mound. And when he touched it…. Sehun cursed.

A woman?! Leon is a woman!

Sehun immediately covered Leon’s chest with his clothes. Sehun could feel his blood boiling in anger and unbelief! How can this kid lie… she lied to him! How dare she trick him?

No… there’s no place for a woman in the Troupe! She has to leave the group!

Slowly, Leon’s eyes opened.

“Commander…” she whispered.

Leon slowly sat up.

“What’s the matter? Why do you look…. Angry?” asked Leon

And then Leon felt cold air brush her chest. She looked down and saw her clothes partially opened, her half exposed.

Leon’s eyes widened. She immediately covered herself.

“I… I can explain, Commander.” Said Leon. “Please let me explain…”

“You have been lying to me, to my entire group for such a long time.” Said Sehun. “From today on…. You are no longer part of my Troupe!”

Sehun stood up and ran. Leon followed him.

“Please… let me explain first, Commander!”

It took almost an hour before Sehun reached his Troupe followed by Leon.

The warriors immediately understood the situation when they saw that Leon’s clothes were torn.

“How many of you know about this?” Sehun shouted.

Chanyeol took a deep breath.

“I’ve known… for a few months now.” Said Chanyeol

“And why did you not tell me!” Sehun shouted.

Chanyeol gulped.

“Because the warrriors figured it out one by one. I thought that you’d figure it out sooner or later too. So I just did not think it was important to say it. Besides… I know you will kick her out of the troupe and I… don’t want you to do it. You have trained Leon well… She maybe a female but she’s effective and efficient. She’s a good warrior and she’s dependable. I think that she’s a great member of the troupe.”

The other warriors nodded.

“Our missions became safer and swifter since she’s become part of it.” Said Kai. “Being a woman is not a problem. We all did not treat her differently after we learned.”

“I will not tolerate liars.” Said Sehun.

Everyone was silent.

“You will be punished. You are not going to be part of the mission anymore.” Said Sehun

Leon’s eyes widened.

“But Commander!”

“Just thank the warrriors that I haven’t kicked you out of the group yet. But you are not going to be part of the mission.” Said Sehun

“Until when?” asked Leon

“UNTIL  I SAY SO.” Said Sehun

Leon gulped. She has not seen Sehun this angry.

“You betrayed my trust and it’s going to be impossible to gain it again.” Said Sehun. “You will cook and wash the clothes of all the warriors. But you are not going to be part of the mission. Accept that situation or leave the troupe.”

Leon took a deep breath as she tried not to let her fear and tears show.

“I will… do as you say, Commander.” Said Leon

-----------------

Chanyeol sighed.

“The security for this clan is too tight. It will be hard for us to penetrate their leader’s house.” Said Chanyeol.

“Hard but not impossible.” Said Sehun.

“Maybe we need to pull Leon into the mission.” Said DO

Sehun’s eyes narrowed.

“One more word about Leon joining the mission and you’d be out of the troupe.” Sehun warned DO.

DO gulped.

“But a wide range fighter may become helpful with how tight the security is with this one.” Said Chanyeol.

“We will make do without one for now.” Said Sehun. “We have done missions without someone using the bow and arrows for so long. We have never needed it.”

“But the missions nowadays are extremely dangerous and bigger.” Said Kai. “That is why….”

“Continue what you were going to suggest and you’ll find yourself homeless.” Said Sehun

Kai sighed.

“I know she betrayed your trust, Commander… but the girl is frightened.” Said Chanyeol. “She did not have anywhere to go. She was scared. She was weak. She didn’t know how to defend herself… she wanted to learn from you and she knew you will never teach her if you knew she’s a female.”

“She was right about that. But I am never going to let a liar just get away with it.” Said Sehun.

“I am just saying that it is a waste of talent and skill…” said Chanyeol.

“What is skill if there is no loyalty?” asked Sehun. “I do not need the best skilled warrriors in this troupe. What I need are loyal honest Lions who will fight to their death in order to protect one another. That is what this troupe is all about. One lie… one single lie may jeopardize the lives of the warriors of this group and I am not going to let anyone of you destroy the kind of brotherhood this group has… especially not a female!”

The warriors all went silent.

“I will not kick her out because of your requests. But I will not be her protector and I will not care what happens to her in this journey. You want to keep her, you protect her.” said Sehun.

-----------

Leon saw the anger in Sehun’s eyes… it was a deep seated anger that resulted from her betrayal of his trust. She should have told him earlier. When Nayeon urged her…. she should have admitted the truth to Sehun that early. Or maybe much earlier. When Chanyeol and the others found out about her, she should have told the Commander. But she lacked courage…. She was afraid... If he kicked her out… where will she go?

Now what? The Commander did not kick her out, but she could feel his animosity since the day he found her out. She cooks the meal of the troupe but he rarely eats anything she cooked as if she may poison him! She washes the troupe’s clothes but never the Comamnder’s. He doesn’t even let her hold any of his things! That’s how much he detests her!

Leon’s chest ached painfully. If it was just one of the warrriors , she would have been spared the pain. But this is the Commander! It is Commander Sehun! The man who held her heart since she was seven… the only man she has ever loved! Why… why does she make the worst mistake of making the only man she loves hate her?

“Don’t worry.” DO took one of the clothes Leon is washing, he started helping Leon. “The Commander is angry. It’s understandable considering how he values honesty among us. But he will forgive you. He’s one of those people who has a soft heart inside the hard warrior appearance.”

Leon sighed.

“I’m sorry… you are all affected because of my lie.” Said Leon.

“Hush hush…” DO smiled. “We all wanted you to stay. You are one of us. You are family. We will not just let you go just because you are a female. Besides… I like you remember?”

“You st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter