Dragon King: Chapter 3

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


**Guys Surprise it's an early update! :D Oooopps but wait ! There's a catch. Hahaha! 60% of this chapter came from Wolf King. That's why I could update early. I wrote the first 40% a few days ago plus the 60% from Wolf King which would be familiar to those who have read The Brotherhood from the beginning. And voila, put together I achieved the 20 to 22 page word document target per chapter! So this is a headsup, Some parts here were just collected from Wolf King with just a bit of additional perspective. Please do not expect I can update again this fast... a 20 page word doc usually takes me days to make especially when I get very busy at work. :D Hahaha! So here you go, enjoy the major flashback! 

 

 

 

DRAGON King Chapter 3


The next day, the dungeon door was opened. Jisoo came out and immediately went to the needing woman. The woman is no longer tied to the bed. She is now sitting on a chair looking much better.
“It has helped tremendously. The pain still attacks every now and then but it has lessened substantially.” Said the woman. “Thank you Healer.”
Jisoo sighed in relief.
“Thank Vishox it helped.” Said Jisoo.
“I heard you were put into the dungeon because of this…” said the woman.
“It was because I disobeyed the king.” Said Jisoo. “I am glad you are feeling better.”
A dragon healer went to Jisoo.
“So many dragons are asking for the concoction that you made for needing. Please teach us all.” Said the dragon healer.
Jisoo nodded.
“I shall teach everything I know.” Said Jisoo

--------
V sat in front of the window to look at the moonlight. He usually does this a few minutes before he sleeps… it gives him peace.
Tonight he needs peace… 
The news about Jisoo’s relief medicine for the needing has spread fast. So many people are asking for it. She would have been flooded by requests… 
V sighed. 
Jisoo… is a great healer. But she has no care for her own life. What will you do with such a woman?
 And then V noticed movement in the garden. He stood up and searched for the source of the movement. His vision at night is sharp. His eyes widened when he saw who it was.
Jisoo.
What is she doing? 
It’s been weeks since he punished her in the dungeon. And since then, he noticed the woman avoiding him. She would always look at the floor when he talks to her. She even skips meals now! It was irritating him! Was she angry that he punished her? She defied a king’s command! She deserved to be punished a lot harder, if not because of Seulgi’s words.
And now she’s in the garden walking and picking flowers as if it’s not so late in the night! What is this woman doing! She’s going to be a thorn in his life.
Jisoo stopped and picked a white flower. She smelt it as wind blew on her hair. V smiled. Jisoo looked like a moonlight goddess.
Did he just say Goddess? 
No he didn’t.
 Jisoo tucked the flower behind her ear. She tilted her head up as the moonlight shown on her face and then suddenly, V could not take his eyes away. 
She’s…
Breathtaking...
V’s throat moved as he touched the window as if he could touch her… V’s hand closed into a fist when he felt the cold window. 
And then Jisoo walked away from his view. Where is she going? Why is she headed away from the castle?
V hurriedly went out of his room and straight  to the garden to look for Jisoo. All the while he told himself that he’s doing this because Jisoo is Irene’s sister, Jinyoung’s cousin.
His steps were light as he walked around until he found her kneeling on the ground, an injured dog beside her. V hid behind a tree. Jisoo looked at the dog looking for the wound on the dog’s side. Jisoo looked so worried as she tried to calm the dog.
“Hush hush little one… it’s going to be fine now… I am going to help you.” Said Jisoo.
Jisoo looked so caring and nurturing as she hummed to calm the dog. V felt his chest tighten. That look in her eye as if she’s feeling the pain too… he has seen it when she cared for Old Rita… felt it when she cared for him. 
“You and I are similar… we end up getting hurt because we do what we think we must even when we end up getting hurt. Look at you… you’re wounded because you tried to climb that tree.” Said Jisoo. “A dog is never going to be a monkey.”
The dog Jisoo’s hand. 
“You’re a sweet boy.” Said Jisoo. “I shall call you… Sweety!” 
V’s eyes narrowed. A dog? Why would she call a dog Sweety? V closed his eyes in irritation. 
And then Jisoo giggled. V opened his eyes and saw Jisoo laughing. Her face had lit up… she’s…
Glowing…
“That tickles!” said Jisoo as the dog her face.
V took a step forward. Why is she allowing the dog to her?! Why is she allowing a MALE dog to her! 
“Sweety stop it, I need to get some medicine for your wound.” Said Jisoo as she stood up. “I will be back , all right?” 
Jisoo stood up and stopped. She seems to be looking around.
V’s jaw clenched as he stayed hidden. Did she catch him? That is unlikely. He has never been caught in spying anyone. 
It’s not as if he’s spying Jisoo… He’s just looking out for her, she’s under his protection, right?
“Why do I smell that scent now?” said Jisoo, her brows drawn closer.
Jisoo sighed.
“The flowers are so fragrant…Must be just my imagination.” 
Jisoo pinched the dog’s cheek lightly.
“You are a cutie.” She said.
V shook his head.
Is it the wolf in her? Does she adore that dog because she’s a wolf! That dog is just a dog! He’s not even a shifter. 
-------
 
Seulgi was day dreaming while waiting for her meal… what would it be like if she meets the man  she will love forever? Seulgi turned to her right and saw Taeyong smiling as he talked with an elder.
Taeyong would have been perfect. He’s good looking, strong, dependable and kind. But… he’s also her brother’s closest friend and is celibate. A dragon with needing like her and a celibate man… what a pair they would become.
Seulgi shook her head smilling. 
And then Seulgi turned to Irene, Indeed the woman is beautiful. But for some reason, Seulgi does not feel comfortable with the woman’s perfection. And she is also not convinced that her brother is in love with his mistress. There is something missing… it just…
 Seulgi then looked at V, her brother. His brows closed in as he stared… is he staring at her? Seulgi pouted. Why would her brother be staring at her? Oh wait… not her…
Seulgi turned to her right and saw Jisoo not touching her pie.
“Those pies are marvelous.” Said Seulgi
“I am not fond of pies.” Said Jisoo, sighing.
“Then can I have it?” asked Seulgi
Jisoo nodded.
Seulgi took the pie and then she turned to see her brother now glaring at Jisoo. Jisoo is of course oblivious. The girl had stopped watching her brother for a long time now. Maybe she has accepted that she will never make the king see her. 
Which is interestingly…. Changing it seems…
The pudding came next and Jisoo cheerfully ate it. Seulgi saw her brother relax in his seat when Jisoo continued eating.
Seulgi smiled. Well well well… Is the Dragon King now paying attention to the Plain Wolf Healer? If he is… Seulgi wonders how long it would take for her brother to realize it.
“You can’t blame my brother for being stubborn.” Said Seulgi
“Huh?” asked Jisoo
“My father fell in love with a woman before he met his mate. The woman’s name is Yoona. And even when he met his mate, he still loved Yoona. My brother and I were conceived through the mate. But my father did not love our birth mother.” Said Seulgi
“Oh…”
Jisoo looked shocked.
“My brother and I grew up seeing the great love my father had for the only woman in his life. And we saw how much Yoona loved our father. There was magic and spark between them. Their love was so deep and true.” Said Seulgi. “That is why both my brother and I prefer to wait for the person we’ll love instead of just relieving our needing.”
“You… are telling me he’s in love with my sister. I already know that.” Said Jisoo
“No. I am telling you that my brother is trying his best to love your sister because he thinks he is in love with her.” Said Seulgi. 
“That does not make sense.” Said Jisoo
“She is beautiful, gentle and kind… almost like Yoona. I think my brother is convincing himself that he loves his mistress.” Said Seulgi. “And since he’s stubborn, it will take a while for him to realize that you can not convince yourself you are in love with someone. Because the heart can not be convinced… and that he’s only fooling himself.”
“Huh?
Seulgi smiled at Jisoo
“The heart falls in love with whoever it wishes without our permission.” Said Seulgi
Jisoo’s eyes widened.
“You don’t have to tell me…” said Jisoo. 
Jisoo took a glimpse of the king and gasped when she saw him looking at her. Jisoo immediately looked away. 
Seulgi suppressed a smile. 
Very interesting….
--------

Sometimes, V thinks he still has the poison in his chest, the one he got months ago. Whenever he would see Jisoo, it would squeeze a bit painfully. He would try to ignore it, but his eyes will betray him. He finds himself looking at her during meals and it irritates him when he realized what he was doing. Did she put something else in his medicine aside from Helexa? Did she put some potion to drive him mad? 
V was staring out the window when Taeyong arrived. V did not notice it. Taeyong stood beside V and looked out the window. Taeyong’s eyes widened and then he looked at V and saw how intensely V was looking. There was no one else in the garden except…
 Jisoo.
Taeyong faked a cough. V’s eyes widened.
“How long have you been standing there?” asked V
“Long enough to know that something between you and that girl had changed.” Said Taeyong
“Nonsense.” Said V
“This is not the first time I caught you doing this, My Lord.” Said Taeyong. “You would always deny it.”
“I was looking at the garden.” Said V
Taeyong smiled.
“And sometimes during meal you would say you were looking at the plate… Jisoo’s plate?” Said Taeyong
V rolled his eyes.
“Irene is my mistress.” Said V. “I hold affection for her.”
“Right.” Said Taeyong. “So what do you call what you’re feeling for Jisoo.”
“Nothing… I feel nothing…” said V. “She is proving to be a good healer. That is all.”
Taeyong chuckled
“Well… if you really say it’s nothing… then maybe you should be ready for males who will ask her to be their mistress.” Said Taeyong. “Jisoo has gotten very beautiful.”
V’s eyes sharpened.
“Through the years she is like a flower blooming.” Said Taeyong.
V shook his head in irritation.
“Are you turning your back on your vow for celibacy?” asked V
“I am just saying that people… I mean men… they have started noticing Jisoo’s beauty. She is no longer Irene’s shadow. She now shines on her own.” Said Taeyong. “Even Sehun mentioned Jisoo’s attractiveness. And he had only seen her once.”
“Well I am not affected by whatever blooming has happened to her.” Said V, walking away from the window.
“I would pretend to believe you, My Lord. But staring at a woman  on the window is not nothing. Especially if you are a tested warrior with great skills and yet you did not notice me standing beside you until I had to get your attention.” Said Taeyong, looking outside as he continued to watch Jisoo.
V’s jaw clenched.
“What did you come here for?” asked V
Taeyong moved away from the window.
“Jinyoung sent a message.” Said Taeyong. “He mentioned in our last meeting with him that he will need Irene and Jisoo back once he starts the attacks. He is now planning to attack and would need Jisoo and Irene as soon as possible.” Said Taeyong
V’s eyes sharpened. 
“We are now finally ready to start the war.” Said V. 
Taeyong nodded.
“Finally.” Said Taeyong
“Ask Irene and Jisoo to get ready. We will give Jinyoung everything he needs to claim his throne.” Said V
Taeyong nodded.

---------

Jisoo and Irene used a carriage this time as they travelled from the Dragon Kingdom towards the Wolf Tribe. Jisoo was excited at first. She misses the Tribe… no matter what happens, she is still a wolf… and nothing would feel as comfortable as being around your tribe. She misses the food too! She misses the people and friends…
Jisoo sighed. Why did king V look so irritated earlier? Is it because she was so happy that she could go home? It’s not that she hates dragon kingdom… she has learned to love it too… but still isn’t it to be expected that joy will fill hear heart now that she’s given a chance to go home? 
Jisoo noticed Irene looking out the window, she looked trouble.
“What is wrong sister?” asked Jisoo
Irene shook her head.
“I am fine. I am just…” Irene sighed. “I feel like there is something wrong with the King.”
“What is wrong with him?” asked Jisoo
Aside from being more irritated and easily angered than usual, the king seems to be normal. 
“He… doesn’t visit me as frequently as he did in the past.” Said Irene. “He often seems to be distracted and confused.”
Oh that… Jisoo did not expect her sister will share this with her…
“What can be the problem? Maybe he is just not needing, sister.” Said Jisoo
“He has a needing a few days ago. He would usually stay with me for hours. But… this time… he left as soon as he was relieved.” Said Irene. “I feel like… there is something wrong. Or maybe… it is I who did something wrong.”
Irene touched Jisoo’s hand.
“Look at me sister and be honest. Tell me… am I ugly?” asked Irene
“Are you mad?” asked Jisoo
“No, listen… did my beauty fade? Maybe he is fed up with me.” Said Irene
Jisoo sighed. She can’t believe she will say these words to her sister.
“Sister… you must talk to the king if you are bothered by it.” Said Jisoo. “I honestly do not have any answers for you but… the king is not one who is easily swayed. He will not just leave you.” 
“I hope so…” said Irene
--------

V saw the carriage leave the castle.
“I will guard them from above.” Said Taeyong.
V nodded.
“Are you all right though?” asked Taeyong. “You looked at the edge since we made the announcement this morning that Irene and Jisoo are leaving?”
V sighed.
“She looked too happy.” Said V. “As if she can’t wait to leave. And yet she said this place is now a home to her.” 
“Irene?” asked Taeyong. “She looked a bit solemn.”
V’s jaw clenched. 
“No matter. Just ensure they arrive there safely.” Said V
Taeyong nodded.

--------

V received a message from Jinyoung after the Wolf’s first attack. Jinyoung called for the brothers to meet.
“The Demanix Order extended their congratulations to you, Jinyoung. That first victory is the mark of the start. Soon, we are going to recover the thrones our ancestors lost.” Said Taeyong.
“If they really mean it, they should send me a gift.” Said Jinyoung.
“And what kind of gift will you ask?” asked Sehun. “Oh wait… a mistress. You told us the last time that you need a new mistress right?”
“I do need a new one… but I am not going to take one yet.” Said Jinyoung.
“Oh… did you finally decide to take your cousin?” asked Sehun
V’s eyes sharpened. Sehun felt the threat and took a step back.
“Hold your horses V, I am not talking about Irene. I know she’s yours. I was talking about Jisoo, the younger one.” Said Sehun.
But V’s eyes remained sharp, almost like a glare.
“She’s pretty too.” Said Sehun. “I would like Jisoo better. I don’t like men ogling my female too much.”
Taryong sighed. Looks like Sehun did not get the warning.
Taeyong cleared his throat.
“I don’t think Jinyoung is interested in his cousins.” Said Taeyong. “If he was, he would have already taken them long time ago.”
V sat back and relaxed.
Jinyoung smirkled.
“You know me so well, Taeyong. I could hug you.” said Jinyoung.
-----------------------
It was before a large battle and Jinyoung’s body was not well. A wolf gets nourishment from her mate’s love. Jinyoung suffered when his lover,  Nayeon, could not forgive him from punishing Nayeon when she was innocent. Jisoo suspects Nayeon is Jinyoung’s mate. This is base on how bad Jinyoung’s body had fallen.
 Jisoo wanted to persuade Jinyoung to no longer fight with his men on the upcoming battle. He may not survive it, but Jinyoung was adamant that he fights with his men. 
“Maybe that’s better.” Said Jinyoung. “My mate is human… so she’s not going to die after I die…”
Jisoo’s eyes widened.
“Then I was right… She is indeed your mate.” Said Jisoo. “That explains everything.”
Jinyoung sighed.
“It’s just sick…. How I can’t live without her… but she can live without me…” said Jinyoung
That’s right… Wolves need their mates like the air they breathe… food doesn’t taste the same without their mate… the air felt suffocat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter