Wolf King: Chapter 6

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***

Hi Guys!

Wow thank you for your comments! I enjoy reading them. I really like how you pay attention to details. It encourages me to keep writing this when I read how you are liking this story. I also read your interesting bets for the pairings. But unfortunately I can do very little about it now. haha! :D I did a blog survey regarding the pairings before writing this story and took some of the feedback from there as basis for the pairings. I have the plot created for each of the four brothers even before I started writing Wolf King (Book 1). You have already been introduced to some of the important characters for the other 3 books under this story. 

Aja to me! These days are getting so busy with work and organizational responsibilities. I still hope I can write one chapter per week though. 

Wolf King (Book One) ends at Chapter 7. :D I hope you enjoyed Jinyoung and Nayeon's love story. And I hope you continue to stay tuned to the battle that the other three brothers are yet to face, battle for the throne and of their hearts! 

Hope you enjoy Chapter 6 of Wolf King!

-Mahogany4_Mel

 

***

 

 

 

Wolf King: Chapter 6

 

 

Jinyoung opened his eyes. It was too heavy… he felt every part of his body screaming in pain. He can barely feel his limbs and arms… Damn he feels weak…

But then he heard that soft female voice… that voice which somehow calms him…

Jinyoung did not let the heaviness defeat his desire to see her.

“Chief…”

Jinyoung’s eyes slowly focused until he saw a hand wiping the sweat on his forehead, a familiar leather bracelet on her wrist. And then he saw her face…the beautiful face of the only woman he has ever loved.

“Na…yeon.” He whispered.

“You are awake!” said Nayeon. “I will get Jisoo.”

Jinyoung squeezed her hand.

“Stay… with me.” Said Jinyoung.

She doesn’t know it… she doesn’t know how much he needs her beside him… how much he needs her touch… just being around her gives him peace.

Nayeon brushed Jinyong’s hair.

“I am so glad you are alive… you… made me so so worried…” said Nayeon biting her lip as tears fell.

Jinyoung gulped trying to fight the tightening of his throat. Is nayeon no longer angry at him for his betrayal of her trust…  for his coldness towards her when she was punished… did she forgive him now after all the pain he caused her?

Jinyoung tried to smile.

“I am a strong warrior.” He said, his voice hoarse. “I am not easy to kill.”

“You are strong… but you have gotten weak… why Chief? Why will you do that to yourself?” asked Nayeon.

Jinyoung lifted Nayeon’s hand to his lips.

“Because I love you… and I could not bear that I caused you so much pain.” Said Jinyoung.

Nayeon sobbed.

“Don’t cry my little mate.” said Jinyoung. “I don’t like seeing you sad.”

Nayeon lifted her face.

“You… called me your mate just now.” said Nayeon gulping.

“Yes… because you are…Nayeon you are my mate.” Said Jinyoung.

“But… I am not a wolf.” Said Nayeon, her brows closing in confusion.

“You don’t need to be one for me to love you.” said Jinyoung. “You are my mate Nayeon and it took me this long to admit it to you. I had so many things running in my mind. I admit I was worried about so many things… But right now… none of those matters. What matters is you are here with me…”

“Oh, Chief…”

“Jinyoung.  You should start calling me Jinyoung.” Said Jinyoung.

“Jinyoung?” asked Nayeon.

Jinyoung nodded.

“Yes my love?” he answered.

Nayeon looked started.

“I am not used to this.” She said. “It’s feels as though I am not giving you the right respect I owe you… as the Chief of the clan who took me in.”

“You’d get used to it.” Said Jinyoung.

Nayeon did not speak for a while and just stared at Jinyoung. Jinyoung lifted her wrist to his lips.

“You wore the bracelet.” said Jinyoung.

“Jisoo said it’s a gift from you.” said Nayeon.

“It is.” Said Jinyoung. “Wolves gift their mates with jewelries… beautiful things… to show her that he is willing to give her everything in this world.”

Nayeon wiped her tear.

“Thank you… it’s… beautiful.” said Nayeon.

“I am glad you liked it.” Said Jinyoung. “And I will give you more.”

“I don’t need more.” said Nayeon. “As long as you are here… You are enough for me.”

“But I want to shower you with these things… You are my mate, Nayeon.”

Nayeon sighed as she leaned and kissed Jinyoung’s cheek.

“Thank you for all of these… I owe my life to you… all the comfort I have is given by you… And thank you… because you came back… because you are alive.” she said.

Jinyoung closed his eyes as he put Nayeon’s hand on his cheek.

“I will always go back to you. You will always have me, My love.” Said Jinyoung.

It was a while before Jinyoung and Nayeon spoke again.

“By the way… your brother came.” Said Nayeon

“Brother?” asked Jinyoung.

“Your Lion brother brought the herbs Jisoo needed in order to heal you.” said Nayeon.

“Sehun? He’s here?” asked Jinyoung.

“Yes… he goes here every now and then to check on you.” Nayeon said. “He also asked many things about me.”

“About you?” Jinyoung’s eyes sharpened.

Nayeon nodded.

“I guess he’s curious why I am here with you.” said Nayeon. “I honestly didn’t know what to tell him.”

And then as if he was called, Sehun entered the tent.

“Welcome back to Vishox, Brother!” said Sehun.

“I can’t believe you just ruined my sweet moment with my mate.” Said Jinyoung.

Sehun laughed.

“I can’t believe you have found your mate.” Said Sehun wincing as if in pain.  “The last time we talked, you were still thinking of getting a new Mistress.”

Jinyoung growled.

“I will throw you out of my tribe.” Said Jinyoung.

“Let’s wait until you are strong enough to do that. With how you look like right now, you wouldn’t even lift my finger.” Said Sehun.

“This is irritating.” Said Jinyoung. “Why were you asking my mate about herself?”

Sehun could feel the threat in Jinyoung’s voice despite the hoarseness and weakness of it.

“My interest is not anything that would make you want to kill me, trust me brother.” Said Sehun. “I… have a feeling Nayeon is related to me.”

Nayeon looked surprised.

Jinyoung growled.

“Wait… let me say that more clearly.” Said Sehun. “Remember how my cousin Edel was gone after my Uncle died? It was when the Panthers attacked the Lion territory two decades back.”

Jinyoung nodded.

“I think they might’ve taken my cousin as prisoner. It seems like they did not kill her.” said Sehun. “My cousin Edel… she’s half human. Her mother was human. There is no trace of her being a lion. She looks and smells like a human. She was still a small girl when that happened. But her voice… was soft… her voice is the same as her mother’s. And even now… it seems like she has gotten her mother’s voice… and her mother’s look. She now looks exactly like my Uncle’s mate.” Said Sehun.

Jinyoung’s throat moved.

“What are you talking about?” asked Nayeon.

“I have a strong suspicion that you are my missing cousin, Nayeon. You are Edel, my Uncle’s daughter who was captured by the Panthers. You look exactly like my Uncle’s mate, your mother. And your voice… is so similar. It’s been decades and so it took me while to realize the connection.” Said Sehun.

“It can be coincidence.” Said Nayeon. “But… when you came in the first time… I felt you were familiar. In my dreams… like a memory… I was calling to a cousin… and he had hair that sparks gold when the sunray hits it. Your hair reminds me of him… I call him…”

“Sunshine.” Said Sehun

Nayeon’s eyes widened as her eyes began to tear up again.

“You called me sunshine when you were little.” Said Sehun. “Because you think you would touch the sun when you touch my hair.”

Nayeon stood up and ran towards Sehun, embracing him.

Sehun hugged her back, tight.

“Edel… we thought you were gone… everyone thought you died… we never recovered your body… we looked all over…” said Sehun, his own eyes looked overly moist.

“I... couldn’t remember much… I am so sorry I did not recognize you immediately…”

“Enough of that!” said Jinyoung, growling.

Nayeon let Sehun go and went beside Jinyoung.

“I… can’t believe I have family.” Said Nayeon.

Jinyoung sighed.

“I can’t believe my relationship with Sunshine just gotten deeper.” Said Jinyoung.

Sehun kicked Jinyoung’s bed making it shake a little.

“Please don’t do that… Cousin. His wounds are not yet healed.” Said Nayeon.

Sehun grunted.

“By the way…You have a Brother Edel.” Said Sehun.

“She is Nayeon now. She uses the name I gave her.” said Jinyoung

Nayeon nodded.

“Then…” said Sehun. “Nayeon… you have a brother. And he’s one of my soldiers waiting outside the tribe’s entrance.”

“A brother?”

“He’s a Lion shifter.” Said Sehun. “He’s your older brother.”

“A shifter?” Nayeon could not believe it.

“So Nayeon is a half lion?” asked Jinyoung

Sehun nodded.

“It seems your smell has not yet changed. Have you shifted?” asked Sehun

“Is that possible? I mean… I am human.” Said Nayeon.

“Your brother was also pretty much human for some decades. And then his changes started. His nails changed, from time to time, gold hair appears on his body… his eyes changed… his appetite changed… and then eventually, he was able to shift. It took longer though than a pure blooded Lion.” Said Sehun. “If you are the same with him… then the changes may start soon. But it will take you a decade or so before you can fully shift.” Said Sehun.

“I… have not seen any changes as of yet.” said Nayeon.

“Then we wait.” Said Jinyoung. “I like you just the way you are, my love. But if you are indeed half lion… and you eventually change… that means we can have a longer life together.”

“That is… if you don’t die in the next attack.” Said Sehun. “There is news about the Cheetah tribe… they were alerted. They knew they are next in your list. They are preparing, brother.”

-------------------

Jisoo was cleaning the table she used for segregating the herbs when she heard the familiar strong gust of wind. Her eyes widened as she ran out towards the field. When she arrived there, her heart started beating fast. Suddenly, a strong force flowed through her body like the energy that she lost the past days just returned to her. Jisoo gulped. She is still far from where V and Taeyong stood but she is already affected like this.

Jisoo took a deep breath.

Many wolf warriors surrounded V and Taeyoung, their weapons up.

“Stop! They are not enemies! They are friends!” shouted Irene.

And then Jisoo saw her sister Irene ran towards V and hugged him. Jisoo tried tostand still, her face void of any reaction. She tried not to see the beautiful picture they painted. V is the most gorgeous man Jisoo had known and Irene is the most beautiful woman in all of Vishox…

They are perfect together…

Jisoo bit her lip hard as she went to Taeyong. The wolf warriors gave way for her as she went near the strangers.

“I am glad you could come Sir Taeyong.” Said Jisoo smiling up at him.

Taeyong smiled back at her as he took her hand and kissed it in a polite greeting.

“We will always come to your aid, especially if it concerns our brother Jinyoung.” Said Taeyong.

“The Lion Commander… I guess he’s also your brother. He has also come.” Said Jisoo.

Taeyong’s eyes widened.

“You got our connection fast, Jisoo. You really are an amazingly intellectual woman.” Said Taeyong.

Jisoo giggled.

Taeyong smiled wider.

“He wrote to us telling us he has the herbs. We are glad he could come here sooner than we can. We found the herbs and we’ve brought more.” Said Taeyong. “Some of our men will arrive tonight.”

Jisoo nodded.

“Thank you.” she said, her voice trembled. “It was… we thought… I am glad my cousin has brothers like you.”

“It was good thinking on your part to send that letter to us. I don’t think anyone here knows about us except you and Irene. Is our brother… out of danger?” asked Taeyong.

Jisoo noticed Taeyong taking a glimpse of V on his right. And then Jisoo felt cold wind brush her hand as Taeyong lifted his hand from hers.

“Yes he is. My cousin woke up this morning.” answered Jisoo.

“I am glad he is better.” Said Taeyong moving a step from her and then he turned to his right.  “And oh! Hi Irene! Glad to see you.”

Taeyong went to greet Irene. Irene removed her hold on V’s arm as she gave her hand to Taeyong. Taeyong kissed it politely as greeting.

“It’s been almost a month. The Palace misses you.” said Taeyong.

“Oh... it is just the Palace?” Irene looked up at V, smiling.

V did not answer and just smiled back as if they were communicating something mischievous in their eyes.

Jisoo looked away. She has to go back to the herbs and check if she did the segregation correctly. She also needs to go to her cousin and check on him. Right… she has so many things to do.

“Jisoo.”

Jisoo heard that deep authoritative voice call her. She closed her eyes as she turned and looked at King V.

“My Lord.” She answered.
“I trust that you took care of Jinyoung.” Said V.

As expected… For King V, she is and will always be a healer… It’s like there is a label on her forehead that says Healer. And that is all s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter