Dragon King: End

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dragon King 11

 

 

V looked for her every day. He did not rest. And even when he had to continue his duties as King, he would still go out everyday and look for her.
Jisoo…
His mate.
He has not given up on her and will not give up on her.
Three months had passed since Jisoo died in V’s arms and yet he still could not find her. Where is she hiding? Did an enemy capture her? Why has she not come to the Palace? 
V also asked Sehun and Jinyoung to look for Jisoo in their Kingdoms. But even Sehun and Jinyoung could not find Jisoo. 
No matter how hard it seems, V could not lose hope. Jisoo is alive out there somewhere. 
V went to the dark hall that led to a room. It was dark in the room. Taeyong laid on the bed at the center of it. Taeyong has not woken up since he transferred his life force on Jisoo. It’s been three months but he continues to sleep. His pulse is slowly going back to normal, but his body still looked pale.
Zurah and Taeyong were right. If V was the one who transferred life force to Jisoo, he would have lost everything. He would be the one on that bed instead of Taeyong… that is… if he still has a palace to return to.  
But why does it feel like he lost… everything?
V sighed.
“It’s been three months, Taeyong. You have to wake up, Brother. There… are so many questions in my head… so many things I don’t understand…” said V. “Wake up and prove how strong you are.”
--------
It was on the sixth month since the great battle when Seulgi burst inside V’s small meeting room. She was catching her breath.
“He’s awake.” Said Seulgi. 
V’s eyes widened. Seulgi did not need to say who it was.
V ran out of his meeting room towards that dark hall to that dark room and when he got inside, he saw Taeyong sitting up. A dragon healer and warrior were making him drink something. Seulgi stayed by the door.
“Brother.” Said V
Taeyong smiled faintly.
“Why do you look so surprised? I told you I am not weak, My Lord.” Said Taeyong, his voice hoarse.
Taeyong is looking a lot better. He looks a bit tired, his hair had gone very… very long … his usual white hair has turned dark grey.
“Yes, now I agree.” Said V
Taeyong laughed but it came out as cough instead.
“Can we speak privately, My  Lord?” Asked Taeyong
The dragon healer and warrior went out of the room. But Taeyong noticed Seulgi by the door.
“It’s nice that you were the first one I saw when I woke up, Princess. Thank you for being worried about me.” Said Taeyong
Seulgi’s eyes narrowed.
V turned to Seulgi.
“You went here?” asked V
“I… just… have so many questions, just like you, Brother.” Said Seulgi, and then she turned to leave. “I’ll leave you to catch up.”
When the door closed, V turned to Taeyong.
“You did not allow her to get near me?” asked Taeyong
“Yes. I did not know whose presence she would come to meet in you when you wake up.” Said V
Taeyong smirked.
“It’s still me, Brother. Still the Taeyong who grew up fighting battles with you, Sehun  and Jinyoung  “ said Taeyong. “But you are right in stopping her. It’s better to keep me here for now.”
“Why do you say so?” asked V
Taeyong winced as if in pain.
“The beast has been a lot stronger and harder to control since the seal was partly broken. While I was sleeping, it had been a constant battle with him inside my head. Now that he had tasted a little freedom, he is greedy for more. He is going to cause trouble… I will cause trouble…I can feel it…” Taeyong closed his eyes tight. “Even now, it’s trying to surface…”
“You must fight it, Taeyong.” Said V
“I will ask you a favor, Brother.” Said Taeyong. “Can you make sure the door of this room becomes metal? Lock it from outside. Even the walls… if you can lock me in a metal room….” 
“What?”
“I want you to lock me in. You, Sehun and Jinyoung have to think of a way to stop me from ruining all that you have achieved for Vishox. Lock me in until you find a way to stop the beast.” Said Taeyong.
“How can I do that to you?” asked V
“Believe me, Brother… you need to keep me in.” Said Taeyong
V sighed 
There was a very long moment of silence.
“Jisoo…What happened to Jisoo?” asked Taeyong, there was concern in his voice.
“That’s the question I had for you.” Said V. “After the battle, I only saw you alone. Jisoo was not around. It’s been six months and I still have not found her. I feel as though I have turned Vishox upside down but to no avail.”
Taeyong closed his eyes tight as if in pain.
“I can not remember anything clearly right now… I can only remember that I was able to close her wound. I saw her open her eyes…and that’s it… everything is vague right now.” Said Taeyong.
“Should you remember anything… please let me know.” Said V
Taeyong nodded.
“One thing is for sure.” Said Taeyong. “She’s alive, Brother.”
“I fear that some enemies may have captured her.” Said V
“If they did, they have not killed her yet.” Said Taeyong. “I can feel the beast’ force from a distance… Jisoo is somewhere out there carrying some of the beast’s power within her, passed to her through my life force.”
V felt relief washed over him. His throat moved as he fought the emotions raging inside him.
“But I do not know where she is exactly… I am afraid I can do nothing to help you locate her yet…” said Taeyong
“That’s fine. You have done so much already for me and Jisoo. What you said…That is the best news I have heard in months.” Said V. 
V took a deep breath.
“Really… you don’t know how good it feels to hear that.” Said V
--------
Two years had passed.
Two long years… very long years.
Two years of excruciating worry and waiting…
Two years of unrequited love.
This must be how Jisoo felt all those years she loved V. She must have been crushed and broken by his complete disregard of her. Now V knows how hard it is to love someone who may not return your love. 
In this case… who may not return at all.
No. He must stop all these thoughts. Jisoo will come back to him. She will. She must. He will move heaven and Vishox to get her back.
Seulgi is seated across V in his meeting room. She was watching V as he continued to wallow in his longing.
“Why have you not blamed me for what happened to Jisoo?” asked Seulgi. “I often wondered why.”
“Why must I blame you?” asked V
“Because I allowed her to leave the palace that day… if I did not allow her…”
“She would have still gotten out.” Said V. “She would have still gone to look for me to warn me. Do you think you could have stopped her? I don’t think you could. I was not able to stop her getting herbs from the forest for her healing, how much more will she fight to leave when it was my safety and my people that was at stake.”
Seulgi wiped her eyes.
“I have been blaming myself.” Confessed Seulgi. “It keeps coming back to me… that moment when I allowed her to leave… asking her to bring you safe home.”
V’s throat moved. He doesn’t want to cry. No, not in front of his sister…
“There was also a memory that keep haunting me… in my dreams… even when I’m awake… the moment Jisoo died in my arms…” said V. “I could still feel her weight on my arms… her blood wet on my clothes… everything seemed real each time it comes to my mind.”
Seulgi sobbed harder.
“Oh Brother what can I do to help ease your longing for Jisoo? I have seen you all these two years… you are in pain… and I just don’t know what to do.” Said Seulgi
“You don’t have to worry about me, Seulgi.” Said V. “Jisoo is coming back.”
Seulgi sighed.
“When would you know when it’s time to give up?” asked Seulgi
“For Jisoo, I am never giving up.” Said V. “When you find that one person you will truly love, you can not give up. You keep fighting… waiting…”
--------
Many of the clans of the north had finally decided to surrender to V’s rule. It is still a long journey to really reign over the North, but they are moving forward.
However today, Zurah is restless and V could feel it. 
“What’s wrong Zurah?” asked V
“What? Nothing’s wrong.” Said Zurah
“Do you know how it feels like when something is tossing and turning inside you?” asked V. 
“I was not tossing… I was very still.” Said Zurah.
“What’s bothering you?” asked V
Zurah sighed.
“I can feel something good happening.” Said Zurah.
“Something good?” asked V
“Just let me be for now, V. Don’t let my tossing and turning bother you.” Said Zurah

---------
 V was training his warriors when the Order called to meet him and the Brotherhood.
“This is going to be a good day.” Said Zurah
“Do you think meeting the Order is good?” asked V.
“Those people are dedicated to build Vishox up… but no, they will not make my day good.” Said Zurah.
“Then why is it a good day?” asked V
“The events of this day will lead to something really good…” said Zurah. “You must go to the meeting now.”
V sighed.
“You scare me when you play Seer, Dragon.” Said V
Zurah laughed.
“I’m just testing if you’ll believe me.” Said Zurah
 V immediately went to the meeting place to meet the Order.
“Congratulations to the three of you for claiming your kingdoms.” Said Minho. “Now we need to start the preparations to penetrate the Southern kingdom.”
“We have a slight problem there, Master.” Said Sehun. “Remember Taeyong’s Beast?”
Siwon sighed.
“We need to take care of that beast first. We need to either seal him inside Taeyong again or we completely kill it.” Said Siwon. “Sadly, we no longer have powerful elders who knows magic who can make the seal. From what I know, it was Lisa’s parents who sealed Taeyong’s beast inside his body.”
“Taeyong and the Beast can only be parted in death, right? Just like V and Zurah, isn’t it?” asked Jinyoung. “Are you saying we need to kill Taeyong?”
V’s eyes sharpened.
“We have to find a way to separate them.” Said Siwon. “But as of the moment, we have not found a way yet to do it.”
“We will not kill Taeyong.” Said V. “He is not going to experience death in the hands of his own Brothers.”
“We did not create the brotherhood so that you’d end up killing each other.” Said Yunho. “We will prevent that kind of conclusion to this mission. However, it is good to hear now what needs to be done if things get out of control.”
Sehun, Jinyoung and V all looked angered and ready to rebel.
“Cool down, you three Kings of Vishox.” Said Minho. “We still have three years to figure things out.”
“Time is fast.” Said Jinyoung. “Two years had already passed and we still could not figure out how to help Taeyong. He is still locked up there!”
“We must hurry if we want to save Vishox from doom.” Said Sehun. “And… if we want to save Taeyong.”
“What is the plan to conquer the Southern Kingdom?” asked V. “What happens if the Thunderbird is released?”
“Once the Thunderbird is released, he will consume Taeyong’s body. The thunderbird can take away the wall that surrounds the southern kingdom.” Said Yunho. “Once the wall is broken, the ancient creatures of the south will awaken.”
“We do not know where these ancient creature’s loyalty lies. It could be to the thunderbird… or it could be to the rightful King.” Said Siwon.
“That thunderbird had great influence over the ancient creatures of the south. He was the reason why the ancient creatures rebelled against the king of the south at that time. He also influenced people from the east, west and north to rebel against their kings.” Said Zurah, inside V’s mind. “ Because he was one very strong creature, a lot of creatures bowed to him and obeyed his commands. Be very careful, once the wall is broken… I am certain there are ancient creatures who are just waiting for his return to continue their plan.”
“We must be ready for battle.” Said Yunho. 
-------------
V went back to the palace with a heavy heart. Taeyong’s situation still does not have a solution. 
But when V got to the ppalace, Seulgi looked anxious.
“What’s wrong?” asked V
Seulgi went towards V. 
“Brother… I have received a message from some of our warriors that are stationed on the western border. The warriors, all fell sick. They do not know what the illness is. Two dying. And another two are on their very weak state. The rest of them, twenty more warriors… are slowly deteriorating.”
“That’s odd. What kind of disease would spread like that?” asked V
“Brother… we need to send them a healer soonest.” Said Seulgi.
“Get the best dragon healers.” Said V. “Make sure they are given all the supplies they will need. Send them immediately.”
Seulgi nodded.
V sighed.
Really, Zurah? An epidemic? Is this what you call something good?
---------
A week after the dragon healers left for the western boarder, another message arrived. This time, the number of those affected had risen. It  was not just the dragon warriors who are sick, but now even the dragon healers and some other creatures around the area are sick too.
“I need to go there and see what needs to be done.” Said V
“Brother, if the dragon healers are incapable of healing the sick, what do you think you can do?” Asked Seulgi. “You might get infected.”
“I am normally stronger than an ordinary dragon against poisons and illnesses. I will just be there for a short while. I just want to see the situation.” Said V
“And… if you can’t find a solution?” asked Seulgi
“Then I need to ask for Jinyoung’s healers. Maybe the wolves can help.” Said V
Seulgi’s eyes widened.
“You are right, Brother.” Said Seulgi
“I will leave first thing tomorrow morning “ said V
---------
The next morning, another message came.
“Brother! It seems you may not need to leave after all.” Said Seulgi. “A healer went to the western border and was able to find a cure. Last night, the healer was able to give some herbs to the sick. Just this morning, almost half of them are already feeling a lot better.” 
V’s eyes narrowed.
“Who could that healer be? Who is it that is even better than our dragon healers?” asked V
“I do not know, Brother. But if indeed he could heal everyone, then we must invite him to the palace.” Said Seulgi. “He must be a really good healer.”
V nodded.
-------
V arrived at the western border. He was expecting to see a devastating sight. But it seems the recovery was fast. Many of those who were sick are now on their feet. They are advised to continue resting for another day or so though. The herbs they were asked to drink were advised to be taken for another two weeks. 
V found one of the dragon healers who was still recovering. 
“How are you feeling?” asked V
“A lot better, thank you for coming here, My Lord. You have lifted everyone’s spirit.” Said the healer
“I did nothing. I couldn’t do anything. I am king but I am no healer.” Said V
“Your presence here shows you care for your people. The dragons appreciate it, and so does the other creatures.” Said the healer
V nodded.
“It is my duty as king.” Said V
“My Lord… you must go and see the healer who has helped heal all of us.” Said the healer. “You must go and find her. I am certain… I am very certain that she is someone you would wish to see.”
“A woman?” asked V. “Indeed she has done a really outstanding job. I must thank her personally and honor her by offering her to be a palace healer.” 
“That is really good, My Lord… the palace… I believe that’s the place she belongs.” Said the healer.
V was led to a mountainous area where most of the people who are still sick were brought. It is where the healer lives. The cave was so hidden that you wouldn’t even think there’s a cave there at all. There were so many vines that hides the cave!
Once V was inside, it was dark. He was beginning to think he got the wrong place when he noticed a small light from deep within the cave. He walked inside and stopped. He found five male creatures lying on the floor, leaves serve as their bed. They were all barely dress. Most of them are sleeping except one. A woman was in the cave sitting beside the one who was awake. She was cleaning the man’s arm.
“Well actually the spots are almost gone now.” Said the woman. “If my observation is right… it won’t take two days before you’d feel better.”
That voice….
The woman stood and before she could even turn towards V, he already knew who it was.
V’s heart beat fast, his blood rushed to his head, his chest grip painfully as the woman turned to him.
Jisoo.
His Jisoo.
Jisoo gasped when she saw V.
V’s breath was caught…
Beautiful… Jisoo is still beautiful… 
V’s throat moved. His chest is swelling with so much joy that his eyes watered. 
V took a step towards Jisoo. He needs her in his arms!
“Sir! What are you doing here? I did not hear you come. You scared me!” said Jisoo
That stopped V’s steps
Something wasn’t right.
What a lovely man, thought Jisoo. Even with just a little light, she could see his beautiful face. 
 “Were you also infected? Did they tell you to come here? Poor thing. You should have asked someone to carry you.” Said Jisoo
Jisoo looked around the cave.
“You can sit there for now. I will make you a bed.” Said Jisoo
But V continued to stare at her… his eyes intense… like there are so many emotions in them. Jisoo’s throat moved as she stepped back.
V wants to pull Jisoo in his arms… he wants to touch her, kiss her and show her… make her feel how much he missed her, longed for her. He wants to tell her he has not given up, he looked for her and waited every single day.
“Well… if you aren’t sick… Are you here for the supplies from the palace? The dragon healers told me some supplies are arriving today. Umm… well you can just put them… hmm….” Jisoo searched the cave for a spot. “There. Just put them there.”
But still V did not move. His eyes penetrating her… he is going to jump on her and devour her.
Jisoo took a deep breath calming herself.
“Umm… you have to tell me why you’re here… I am a bit busy here.” Said Jisoo.
But V made no move, spoke no word.
Jisoo sighed and turned to her patient who was awake a while ago when she was cleaning him. 
“Do you know him?” asked Jisoo
The patient slowly turned to look at V, the man looked in pain. And then the man’s eyes widened. He immediately tried to stand. Jisoo stopped him.
“What on Vishox are you doing? You have to rest!” scolded, Jisoo.
“He’s… he’s… our king.” Said the patient.
Jisoo’s eyes widened as realization downed on her.
“Oh No…” she whispered.
That must be why he was looking so intensely at her! She was disrespectful and impertinent! Oh no… 
“Go back and rest.” ordered V, his voice a little shaky.
“Yes, My Lord.” Said the patient.
Jisoo helped the man back on the floor.
And then when Jisoo faced V again, she tried to curtsey. 
“I.. I am sorry I did not greet you properly, My Lord.” Said Jisoo. “I… I obviously did not know you were the Dragon King. I am so sorry.”
V took a deep breath. He doesn’t know what is happening with Jisoo. Is she pretending to not know him? Whatever this is… he will know everything soon.
“I came here…” V cleared his throat. “To visit my people.”
“You mean the dragons.” Said Jisoo
“The dragons and all the people of the North.” Said V
“Oh…” Jisoo nodded. “I am glad to know that you personally came here to see them, My Lord. I am sure they are happy to see you.”
“V. That’s my name.” said V
“Oh… King V. Umm… is there anything in particular you wish to know? Do you want me to wake them?” asked Jisoo
“No… I already saw what I came here to see.” Said V. “You seem to be taking good care of them.”
“Ummm… I was planning to leave… I was passing by the border when I saw all these sick people. And so I decided to stay a bit more to help heal them.” Said Jisoo
“You were leaving?” asked V
Why was she leaving?
“Umm.. I was going to the west.” Said Jisoo
“West?” asked V. “Why?”
“Oh… it’s… um… personal.” Said Jisoo
Personal? Unacceptable answer.
“You are a good healer. It will be a shame if you left the north. I wish to know the reason why you would leave my kingdom, healer.” Said V
Jisoo bit her lip.
“I… seem to have forgotten many things… I mean… I can only remember the past two years of my life. I can remember how to heal people… but… I couldn’t remember who I was… where I came from….” Said Jisoo. “I know this sounds absurd. It’s ridiculous really.”
“Continue.” Said V
“Oh…um… well then… last month… memories started flashing on my mind. Good ones and bad ones. I… remembered that I am from a tribe in the west. I remembered I have a sister named Irene and a cousin named Jinyoung. I wish to see them and the tribe. That is why I was on my way there.” Said Jisoo
V’s eyes narrowed.
“You don’t believe me. That’s fine. Nobody seems to believe me anyway.” Said Jisoo
“I believe you.” Said V
Jisoo’s eyes widened.
“As it happens… I am friends with the wolf King. Jinyoung is a brother to me.” Said V
“King! My cousin is now a King?” asked Jisoo, her eyes wide with surprise. 
“You do not remember how he got his throne?” asked V
“No… that memory has not come back to me yet…” said Jisoo. “It’s frustrating… I feel like I have forgotten so many important things.”
“And Nayeon? Jinyoung’s mate. Surely you remember her.” Said V
“My cousin has found his mate? That is wonderful!” said Jisoo. 
“Nayeon gave birth to a daughter two years ago.” Said V
“Wow! I am excited to meet them.” Said Jisoo
V sighed.
It seems like… his Jisoo has forgotten many…many things.
“As soon as the people are healed, I will take you to see your cousin. I will send him a message so he could also ask Irene to return to the wolf tribe for your return.” Said V
“But why? Where is my sister?” asked Jisoo
“She lives in the Eastern Kingdom of the Lions now. Her mate is a lion.” Said V
TRUST HIM
Jisoo heard that voice inside her head again. She’s been hearing that voice since a month ago when some of her memories returned. 
HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.
“Wow… it’s amazing that they’ve found their mates now.” Said Jisoo. “I wonder… if I have already met mine… I mean… I do not remember… and I’m a wolf… if I have met him I would have died without him.”
Jisoo suddenly covered with her hand.
“I am sorry I am speaking nonsense, My Lord.” Said Jisoo
“It’s fine.” Said V. “I like hearing… what you’re thinking.”
“Oh… umm…”
“Can you tell my healers how you healed all these people?” asked V
“Of course, My Lord. I have already shared with them.” Said Jisoo.
“And your name?” asked V
“Jisoo.”
“How did you learn that was your name? You said you forgot who you are.” Said V.
 Jisoo nodded.
“It’s true. The first few days I did not even know my name but…In my dreams… someone was calling Jisoo… and I knew, I knew it in my heart that he was calling for me… calling for me to come back.” Said Jisoo. “But I… just didn’t know how.”
------------
V made an announcement as soon as he got to the Palace. Truth be told he did not want to leave the border, he did not want to leave Jisoo. But he is King and he has duties. And Jisoo has patients. He made sure she is safe and gave instructions to the warriors never to let her out of their sight. 
Seulgi was happiest saying they should have had an epidemic earlier so that Jisoo would come out sooner. She’s excited to see Jisoo but is also worried. 
With Jisoo’s lack of memory… Seulgi is heartbroken that Jisoo had forgotten about her. But more so… it must be heart wrenching for her brother who loved Jisoo so deep and strong every single day she was gone. That Jisoo would forget all those years of loving her brother is just… upsetting. 
Her brother must be in pain. 
V made arrangements. He sent a message to Jinyoung and Irene. And he delegated some task to some warriors. He will accompany Jisoo to the wolf tribe. And he must take her back with him to the dragon kingdom at all cost.
V went back to the cave. He goes there every night since finding Jisoo. He would hide to make sure Jisoo will not find him odd. But today is the day he will bring Jisoo to the wolf tribe. He saw Jisoo folding clothes into a large cloth. She must be preparing to leave.
“You ready?” asked V
“Almost, My Lord.” Said Jisoo. “Why are you here ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter