Dragon King: Chapter 9

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**I am so sorry this took such a long time, Guys... work had been so heavy. I can barely squeeze writing in. Please be more patient with me. I can already tell you now that writing the next chapter after this will take me a while again. Dragon King is nearing the . A few chapters more to go. Aja! 

 

 

Dragon King Chapter 9

 

 Jisoo was again called by V when she did not sit on the King’s chair during a meal. V still has not made an announcement but even without one, everyone already assumed what is going on between V and Jisoo. 
Jisoo was eating her meal when she realized her hand was on top of V’s. She was touching him! V pulled his hand away. Jisoo tried not to feel hurt over it, but her chest gripped painfully. Jisoo looked away.
How many times does she have to  remind herself that V is not a wolf! She can not do her wolf desires here… Did anyone see when she held his hand? Did she embarrass the king in front of his people? Oh no…
Jisoo sighed. She must learn to control herself.

V’s jaw clenched. He did not mean to withdraw his hand from Jisoo’s touch. It was an automatic response. He is not used to being touchy in public. But he regret it the moment he took his hand away. He saw the pain in Jisoo’s eyes as she turned away, her hand closed to a fist as she hid it under the table. V’s own heart squeezed. 
He said he will make her feel his love but he’s failing. 
---------
After the meal, people would usually go back to their tasks. V is usually one of the first ones to leave. But this time, he decided to wait for everyone else to leave. Jisoo, who was sitting beside him also stayed. She could be waiting for him to rise.
When they were the only ones left in the hall, V took a deep breath and then he faced Jisoo.
He saw that she was indeed waiting for him.
“I… am sorry if I…” V could not continue. This is hard for him. “I am not used to… touching in public so I…”
Jisoo’s eyes widened.
“I know wolves are very intimate creatures so…” said V
Jisoo shook her head.
“It’s all right, My Lord.” Said Jisoo. “I understand. Besides… I don’t want to embarrass you in front of your people.”
V saw that Jisoo’s lips are smiling. But her eyes… they were saying that this is hurting her… Jisoo… is saying it’s all right… she’s sacrificing for him… again.
No. He must stop this. He must stop hurting her. He promised he will cherish her. And he will. 
V rose from his seat and offered his hand to Jisoo. Jisoo seemed confused.
V leaned down and reached for Jisoo’s hand. And then he pulled Jisoo up gently.
“I’m taking you back to the healer ward.” Said V
“Huh? Oh you don’t have to-“
“I want to take you there… I want to walk you there…” said V. 
Their time alone together at night is not enough… Whenever he could squeeze in a time to be with Jisoo, he will. 
“But…”
“You… do not think of me when we are apart?” asked V
Jisoo’s throat moved.
“Because I do…” said V. “I think of you a lot.”
Jisoo’s heart made a summersault!
V tightened his hold on Jisoo’s hand.
“I… couldn’t wait to see you and be with you again,” said V. “So this… letting me walk you back to the healer’s ward… no matter how short of a walk it is… it will help me lessen my longing for you.”
Wow… Jisoo’s chest felt full… she’s  close to tears…
Jisoo closed her hand on V’s as she smiled at him shyly. Her smile now reaches her eyes. It made V feel joy.
V smiled. And then he led Jisoo out of the hall into the corridor. But as they were walking, some dragon women were walking towards them. Jisoo’s eyes widened. She immediately pulled her hand away from V’s grasp. But V did not let her hand go. Instead, he pulled her even closer to him, tightening his hold. 
The dragon  women’s eyes looked stunned when they saw King V and Jisoo’s hands linked together. 
When V and Jisoo walked passed the women, Jisoo bit her lip hard.
“My Lord… they saw…” whispered Jisoo
V’s lip arc into a one sided smile;
“They will get used to it eventually.” Said V
Jisoo felt giddy all over.
-------------
V and Taeyong watched the dragon warriors and saw the improvement on their fighting skills.
“The wolves and lions are used to the wild. While dragons were secured inside this hidden part of the north. We had become weak because of that. It is good that the old dragon strength is reviving.” Said V
Taeyong nodded.
“We will be ready for battle soon, my Lord.” Said Taeyong. 
“The next days will be crucial. We must focus on all the preparations.” Said V

------------
Jisoo was cleaning the table in the healer’s ward when a warrior came in.
“Miss Jisoo, a letter has arrived for you.” Said the warrior.
Who could it be?
Jisoo saw the seal and immediately knew that the letter came from the wolf tribe. Anticipation and worry filled Jisoo’s chest.
Jisoo read the letter.
“ Jisoo, You have to come to the wolf clan soonest. Your sister Irene came back home with a broken heart and there is no one in the tribe who can convince her to eat anything. She hides herself in her tent and refuse to talk to anyone, even me. It’s been days and I worry for her. Please come. I have also sent a letter to V asking him to allow you to leave as soon as possible. Your Cousin, Jinyoung.”
Jisoo felt like a heavy stone had been placed on her heart. Her sister… Oh no… If Irene continues to do this… Irene is going to perish!
Jisoo ran out of the healer ward. If only she had wings, she would have flown. Jisoo reached V’s receiving room and knocked. 
Taeyong opened the door. Jisoo was led in.
V was standing by the window looking out. Jisoo took a deep breath.
“My Lord, I received a letter from my cousin.” Said Jisoo
V did not turn.
“I assume it is regarding Irene’s condition?” asked V. “Jinyoung also sent me a message.”
“Yes, My Lord.” Said Jisoo. “Please allow me to leave. I do not know how long my sister had been in this condition but… I must go to her as soon as possible.”
It took V a few moments before he could answer.
“Taeyong… take her to the wolf tribe.” Said V
“Oh… me?” asked Taeyong
Jisoo felt a pang in her chest. Why does she feel this ache in her heart when V allowed Sir Taeyong to carry her and fly her? Why… has she become this greedy and entitled?
“My Lord, are you certain you want ME to carry Jisoo and fly her to the wolf tribe?” asked Taeyong.
“She said she must leave as soon as possible.” Said V
Jisoo took a deep breath. What is wrong? Why does King V feel… cold?
“Ummm then… I shall… be careful and bring her to the Wolf Tribe.” Said Taeyong.
“Thank you, My Lord.” Said Jisoo and then she left the room hurriedly.
Taeyong also excused himself.
V closed his eyes tight. It’s so irritating how Jinyoung can just ask Jisoo to go back to the wolf tribe just like that. And it’s so irritating that he has no choice but to allow her because he had not had the chance to talk to Jinyoung yet that Jisoo is His mate. HIS. That means Jinyoung will lose any right he has on Jisoo even if Jinyoung is Jisoo’s cousin. He had been so focused on training his warriors that he thought he still have time to talk to Jinyoung later… but this happened… and he could not bear the bitter anger that is in him… because Jisoo still does not belong to him.
“Well... if you really want her to belong to you, letting her fly with that Taeyong is not going to help.” Said Zurah
V’s hands closed to fists.
“Can you imagine him touching your female…” said Zurah
V roared loud. 
---------
Jisoo just took a cloth and filled it with sweets that she knows Irene likes eating. Hopefully, Jisoo could convince Irene to eat them.
Jisoo met Sir Taeyong by the gate. Taeyong’s wings are out. 
“Thank you for this, Sir Taeyong.” Said Jisoo
“The pleasure is mine, Jisoo.” Said Taeyong. “Besides, Irene is also a friend.”
Jisoo nodded. 
Taeyong was about to carry Jisoo when he felt a hand grip his arm pulling him away from Jisoo. The hand was ice cold and Taeyong felt his skin burn from the cold
Taeyong turned and saw V standing between him and Jisoo.
“My Lord.” Said Taeyong, wincing slightly in pain. “Did you…change your mind?”
V’s eyes are glowing blue.
“Make sure the warriors are properly training while I’m away.” Said V, his voice a growl.
And then V turned to Jisoo. Jisoo gasped when she saw V’s eyes. Jisoo’s felt her chest drumming in fear.
V carried Jisoo in his arms and flew her. They were going fast but Jisoo did not hide her face on V’s neck like she usually does. Instead, she bore the strong wind blowing on her face. V noticed this. He slowed down.
He could feel Jisoo’s fear, he could smell it. 
V tried to calm himself. He doesn’t like Jisoo fearing him. 
And then, when he felt like his nerves are going back to normal, V stopped moving and just floated in the air.
Jisoo opened her eyes. Why did they stop?
“I scared you.” Said V
Jisoo looked up and saw that V’s eyes are no longer blue.
“You mean the height.” Said Jisoo
“No… Me… I scared you.” Said V
Jisoo gulped. He did scare her.
V sighed as he leaned his forehead on Jisoo’s.
“I… have no excuse…” said V. “My anger got the better of me.”
“Why were you angry?” asked Jisoo
V lifted his head a bit.
“I can’t let Taeyong touch you. No, I mean any man for that matter.” Said V
“You… were jealous?” asked Jisoo
“Yes.” Said V. “I told you… you are mine Jisoo.”
“You gave him permission.” Said Jisoo
“I know…” said V. “I thought I could bare it. But just the thought of another man touching you makes me want to kill someone.”
Jisoo’s eyes widened. That made her heart jump. She does not want any man to get hurt but why does V’s possessiveness make her all giddy inside?
“I was angry… irritated.” Said V. “First at Jinyoung. How can he just ask you to come to him as if he owns you?”
“He’s the Wolf King and I am a wolf, My Lord.” Said Jisoo
“But you are my mate, Jisoo. You are now part of my clan.” Said V
“My cousin does not know that.” Said Jisoo. “I’ve never told him who my mate was.”
It was pretty obvious from V’s last conversation with Jinyoung that Jinyoung did not have an idea who Jisoo’s mate was. It caused V some difficult time…
“That’s about to change.” Said V. “And then there’s another irritating person.” 
“Who?” asked Jisoo
“You.” Said V
“Me? What did I do, My Lord?” asked Jisoo
“You wanted to leave so urgently you did not think of me at all.” Said V 
Jisoo blinked several times. What?
“My Lord… my sister is getting weak. My cousin does not worry easily except for Nayeon. But he expressed concern over my sister. It seems she is indeed getting really weak.” Said Jisoo. “We are wolves, My Lord… a heart break for a wolf… especially from a mate… could be fatal.”
V sighed.
“She’s my closest family.” Said Jisoo
V could see the worry in Jisoo’s eyes. And he felt like a fool for being selfish. Irene is Jisoo’s sister. He should understand Jisoo’s need to help Irene.
“I should learn to accept this.” Said V. “You are the type of person who will always go to anyone who needs you.”
V sighed.
“Even if I want to keep you to myself… I don’t think I can.” Said V. “But it doesn’t mean it does not cause me pain.”
Jisoo smiled. She buried her face on V’s neck. She inhaled his scent and then she bit him.
V growled.
“You have to take responsibility if you that.” Said V
Jisoo her bite mark.
“I promise I will, My Lord.” Said Jisoo, giggling.
--------
Jinyoung saw Jisoo enter the tent being used by Irene. It’s a relief to have Jisoo around now.
But… why did V fly Jisoo himself again? Doesn’t he have duties as king?
V sighed as he noticed Jinyoung staring at him.
“We must talk.” Said V
V and Jinyoung went inside a tent.
“I hope this is about Jisoo.” Said Jinyoung. 
V sighed.
“I don’t think I can hide it any further so…” V faced Jinyoung. “Jisoo… she’s my mate.”
Jinyoung’s mouth fell open. Whatever he was expecting, he obviously did not expect this.
“She’s… your mate?” Jinyoung’s voice was so soft V could barely hear it. “But… you mean… you are the mate she was talking about?”
Jinyoung looked confused.
“At first… I was decided to make her my mistress… you already know that I like her… want her… and then I learned she was my mate.” Said V
“How did you learn? Did Jisoo tell you?” asked Jinyoung
“She didn’t… she thought I won’t believe her.” Said V
“Well I see her point. Just look at what happened to Irene and Kai. The wolf is always certain about our mate but… how will we convince our mates? Jisoo hid it. I can see why.” Said Jinyoung. “But it was risky. Without saying a word that you are her mate, there could have been so many instances where she could have been parted from you. And that would have endangered her life.”
Jinyoung took a deep breath.
“I asked her to come here a few times and it would usually take her a while before she could return to you… that explains why she seems to be eating too little… sometimes I feel like she looked tired.” Said Jinyoung.
V’s jaw clenched. He did not realize how much Jisoo had to suffer and endure without telling him he was her mate. But he can’t blame her… if she told him as soon as she learned… if that was still when he ignored her and did not have an ounce of interest on her…he would have scoffed at her… he wouldn’t have believed… he would have caused Jisoo to end up like Irene.
“So… how did you learn she’s your mate then?” asked Jinyoung.
V sighed. He’s going to get hurt.
“The mark on her chest… her birth mark… is my dragon mark.” Said V
“The beast from the north… is you!” Jinyoung said, astonished!
“But… her chest…you saw… how did you…”
Jinyoung grabbed V’s neckline.
“She… offered to help me… when I was needing.” Said V
“You used her to relieve yourself?” asked Jinyoung, angrily.
“No. You know I will not use a female to relieve me… but I could not turn her offer down… not when I wanted her so much.” Said V
Jinyoung landed a punch on V’s face.
“Whether it was she who offered or not… you had an intention to make her your mistress and yet you did not tell me.” Said Jinyoung.
“She’s my mate, Jinyoung. There is nothing you can do anymore. She’s mine now.” Said V, wiping blood from his lip.
Jinyoung sighed.
“And no matter what you say or do… I am going to keep her. She’s staying with me. She’s MY mate.” Said V
“She’s our kind, a wolf!” shouted Jinyoung
V growled so loud, Jinyoung knows all the wolves heard it.
Jinyoung took deep breaths to calm himself.
“MINE, Jinyoung. She is no longer just a wolf. She’s now a Dragon’s mate!” said V, his eyes changing.
“You speak like a wolf. I thought dragons do not love their mates?” asked Jinyoung.
“Jisoo and I… what is between us is not like what my father and mother had.” Said V. “I… I love her. I love Jisoo.”
Jinyoung took a while to answer, he stared at V as if he was trying to search for his sincerity.
“Just be sure about how you feel, V.” said Jinyoung. “Jisoo will be loyal to you, she will die for you. That’s what wolves do… that’s what our mates mean to us. Please do not break her… I did not protect her all her life just so that she could die of a heartbreak.” 
V nodded.

-------------
 Jisoo held Irene’s hand as she sat next to her sister.
“I a worried for you.” Said Jisoo. “I will go to the Lion cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter