Dragon King: Chapter 5

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

**Hi Guys, there are chunks of flashbacks here in this chapter as we catch up to the Lion King's timeline. Thank you for waiting patiently. And thank you for your well wishes. You comments are comforting. :) 

 


Dragon King 5

 

V pulled the blanket on Jisoo. She had been sleeping on that table. V feared she would suffer stiffness if she does not lay down. So he gently moved her and carried her to the bed. Feeling her weight on his arms felt oddly comforting… she is so light though which bothered him. But she felt warm on his arms… he wanted to keep her there longer.
V hurriedly covered Jisoo with the blanket. Seeing her lying there stirs up the heat in him. 
V sighed as he took one more look on Jisoo’s face. 
Irene maybe right… and as much as he wants to ignore Taeyong’s words… it seems that nosy fool was also right…
Now that the needing is gone, V could no longer deny it… the painful squeeze in his chest… his desire to stay beside her and just look at her… and if he’s not careful… touch her. 
He does not know what he is feeling… but he is feeling something… something strong… This irritating woman has made him do things he wouldn’t normally do… and yet he regrets nothing… not even sleeping in the garden. He liked it… he liked that he heard her singing voice… and now… he liked that he was able to watch her sleep. 
V turned to leave. He can’t stay here. Nobody has to know he went here.
V went out of the healer tent and stopped. In front of him stood Jinyoung, his arms cross over his chest.
“You didn’t think I will not hear your landing, did you, Brother?” asked Jinyoung
V took a deep breath.
“I thought you’d be asleep. I did not want to bother you.” Said V
“Since Nayeon was revealed to be pregnant, my old illness came back. I could not sleep because I worry for her.” Said Jinyoung. 
“I see.” Said V
“So… why are you visiting my tribe this late, V? And why did you not go to my tent? Are you not here for me?” asked Jinyoung. 
V’s throat moved.
Caught.
V closed his eyes tight.
“I went here impulsively. I wanted to check on you and your mate… see how she’s doing after Jisoo’s medication but… I only realized how late it was when I arrived. I did not want to bother you anymore.” Said V
“I see… so you went to look for Jisoo instead?” 
“I…also came here to see Jisoo. But she is asleep.” Said V. “I… need to tell her the medicine she made for the needing tastes horrible.”
“I see.” Said Jinyoung.
“She has to improve it.” Said V
Jinyoung nodded.
V sighed.
“Ummm but she’s also asleep. I really did not think this visit through.” Said V. “I am sorry for bothering you, brother.”

---------

Taeyong received the message from Sehun a few days after. And it was urgent.
Taeyong immediately went to V. 
“It’s Sehun’s letter. He needs Jisoo.” Said Taeyong
V stood up alarmed.
“Go to Sehun and see what help he needs. I’m going to the wolf tribe and get Jisoo.” Said V
“Huh? But My Lord Jisoo needs to be flown to reach Sehun fast.” Said Taeyong
“Do you doubt my ability to fly such a light woman?” asked V
“Well no but… you usually ask me to do those things in the past… remember?” said Taeyong
V seem to think for a while.
“It does not matter. I also want to see how Nayeon is doing so… I will go and fly Jisoo. You should go now to Sehun.” Said V
That’s the Nayeon excuse again.
“Well then… if you are sure…” said Taeyong.
“Yes.” Said V. 
And then V walked towards the window.
“Where are you going?” asked Taeyong.
“To Jisoo.” Said V
And then V jumped from the window and flew.
---------
Sehun heard the gust of wind outside his house and knew his brothers have arrived.
“Ask them to come in.” said Sehun
Aunt Chin looked outside through the window and nodded. She went out the room. After a few moments, Taeyong entered.
“I came alone for now.” Said Taeyong
“I need Jisoo’s help.” Said Sehun. “My mate…”
Taeyong gulped as he saw Lisa’s condition.
“King V is on his way to the Wolf Tribe. Jisoo is there taking care of your pregnant cousin, Nayeon.” Said Taeyong.
“Right… I forgot that Jisoo went to the Wolf Tribe.” Said Sehun. “How is Nayeon?”
“I heard she has gotten better. She can now walk around. Jisoo is a miracle worker sometime.” Said Taeyong
“She has a good head on her shoulders.” Said Sehun. “V flew to the Wolf Tribe to get Jisoo?” 
Taeyong nodded.
“He went there himself? I thought he normally asks you to do his errands.” Said Sehun.
“He told me to go here to check what help I can give you. He said he will get Jisoo and bring her here. I have suspicion that he thinks he can fly faster than me.” Said Taeyong
Sehun smiled a little, his first smile in hours.
“V and his arrogance.” Said Sehun
“He’s king so I try to tolerate it.” Said Taeyong
Sehun chuckled
“Care to share how your mate ended up … in this condition?” asked Taeyong.
“I will tell you once V arrives… but I do not have the details yet… and also…I need to ask you a favor.” Said Sehun
“Anything brother.” Said Taeyong.
“Will V allow it if I borrow you for a while?” Asked Sehun

“I don’t think he’ll mind as long as you need me.” Said Taeyong. “Brother, we always have each other’s back.”

“Right… thank you, Brother.” Said Sehun
“Besides, I feel like V wants me out of his way sometimes.” Said Taeyong.
“You still nag him?” asked Sehun
“Only when he tries to be stubborn about things.” Said Taeyong. 
“Stubborn is V’s middle name.” said Sehun
Taeyong sighed and rolled his eyes.
“It becomes his first name too often these days.” Said Taeyong.
‐---------
V was immediately led to Jinyoung upon his arrival. The wolf clan knows him by now. 
“My mate is so much better now thanks to Jisoo.” Said Jinyoung. “Did Sehun say what was wrong?”
“No.” said V. “only that he needs Jisoo at the soonest possible time.”
“Then that means someone’s life is in danger.” Said Jinyoung.
“Sehun has great healers in the Lion clan. The fact that he needs Jisoo’s help means the chances to survive may be little.” Said V. “And because he asked our help… the person injured is surely important to Sehun.”
“Then we shall waste no more time, I will call on Jisoo.” Said Jinyoung. “I’ll have transport prepare-“
“No need. Tell me where she is and I will look for her. Once I find her, I am flying her to the Lion clan.” Said V
“Flying her? But… well… doesn’t Taeyong normally do this things?” asked Jinyoung “You should’ve just sent Taeyong.”
“It will not be the first time that I will be…flying… Carrying Jisoo.” Said V. “I have already done it before so it is not of any consequence.”
Jinyoung’s eyes widened.
“When did that happen? From what I remember you have never carried anyone flying before.” Said Jinyoung
“You were a demon wolf at that time. You were on kill mode and Jisoo would have been your victim if I did not fly her away.” Said V
“Oh… well … that I don’t remember.” Jinyoung faked a cough. “She’s with my mate in our tent. Tell her I give her permission to… umm… fly away with you.”
V Nodded.
“I will sort things out here but if Brother Sehun needs more help, let me know and I will be there.” Said Jinyoung.
V sighed as he went out of the assembly tent. He knew where Nayeon’s tent is. He found it quickly, but before he could come in, he heard the women talking.
---‐‐------
 Jisoo smiled as Nayeon sat beside her.
“I am really thankful you are here.” Said Nayeon. “You made me feel so much better now. Even my child inside my womb is no longer restless. What would we do without you?”
Jisoo shook her head.
“I am pretty sure the other healers would have cared for you as well.” Said Jisoo
“No Jisoo… one thing that separates you from other healers is perseverance and care… because you care so much for the sick, you will not stop looking for a cure no matter how impossible it seems.” Said Nayeon. “Because your heart is full of love… you will not allow anyone to perish without fighting for it to your last breath.”
Jisoo smiled as she wiped her eyes.
“That is too much. I am not as courageous and persevering as you think.” Said Jisoo
“Huh? But you are.” Said Nayeon
“Not in all aspects.” Said Jisoo. “There are matters in which… it seems like there is no longer any sense to fight. On those matters… I am not so persevering.”
“But why? As long as you are alive you can still go and fight for it.” Said Nayeon.
Jisoo just smiled.
And then the tent opened. Both Nayeon and Jisoo stood up when they saw V.
Jisoo gasped. Why is King V here? Did he hear…
It was more than a month of not seeing her… no he had seen her when he went here a week ago… but she was asleep then… now that she’s awake, V felt his chest drum at the sight of her. Why will he feel that way? 
V saw the shock in Jisoo’s eyes. 
“Apologies I surprised you with my presence.” Said V. 
“My Lord… why are you here?” asked Jisoo. “Is everything all right in the North? Is my sister all right?”
“The north is fine.” Said V. “I received a letter from Sehun asking for your urgent help, Jisoo.”
“Commander Sehun?” asked Jisoo
“What happened to my cousin?” asked Nayeon
“He did not say who was injured, but he needs Jisoo’s help right away. Jinyoung already gave permission for you to leave.” Said V
Jisoo held Nayeon’s hand.
“The healers now know your medication so don’t worry.” Said Jisoo
“I am fine now, Jisoo. Thank you for helping me. Please… Please take care of my cousin.” Said Nayeon.
Jisoo nodded.
“I need to gather some herbs and then I can leave.” Said Jisoo
V nodded.
Jisoo went out of the tent and ran towards the tent of medicine where she put different kinds of herbs in a large cloth. She tied it securely and wore it on her shoulder. V was outside the tent waiting for her.
“Did cousin Jinyoung say how I will get to the Lion clan, My Lord?” asked Jisoo
“I told him I will fly you there.” Said V
Jisoo stopped walking. She looked at him like she could not believe his words.
“What?” asked V. “Did you forget about my wings? Do I need to remind you I can fly?”
Jisoo took a deep breath.
“Are you sure? My Lord, it is a long way to go.” Said Jisoo. “You flew going here didn’t you? Aren’t you tired?”
Is she… rejecting his offer?
“Do I look weak?” asked V
Jisoo’s mouth shut. Why does she always offend him?
“Certainly not, My Lord.” Said Jisoo.
“Then trust my stamina and quit arguing.” Said V.
“I am not trying to argue, my Lord but… the last time you carried me up into the air you… you were disgusted with me.” Said Jisoo. “Will you be able to bear carrying me again… this time it will be a long fly.”
V narrowed his eyes. He was not disgusted with her. Not at all. If he was, he would never offer to carry her again! This woman can be dense sometimes! 
V pulled Jisoo close to him.
“I wasn’t disgusted with you.” Said V
“I was dirty and I had wounds all over… you told me I should be more like my sister.” Said Jisoo
V sighed.
“You misunderstood.” Said V. “You always do.”
“Huh?”
V lifted Jisoo in his arms so suddenly Jisoo almost screamed.
“Hold on tight. We’re going fast.” Said V
V immediately flew to the air like he was tossed from the ground. And then he flew so fast, Jisoo could only hear the gust of wind clogging her ears. Her hands went around V’s neck involuntarily. She held him tight. She closed her eyes because wind was hurting them. 
And then she felt the wind gentling down a little. She opened her eyes and noticed they have slowed down.
“Why did we… slow down?” asked Jisoo, her voice trembling.
“You… seem like you needed a break..” said V
“Oh…I am fine. Commander Sehun needs my help.” Said Jisoo
V’s eyes narrowed.
“You were holding me very tight.” Said V
Jisoo just then noticed that her arms are around V’s neck, her nose is on V’s cheek, their skin touching fully.
Jisoo scrambled and almost fell but V held her closer.
“Careful.” Said V
Jisoo’s closeness had made V’s blood heat up. And he isn’t needing. Her breath on his neck… her skin on his skin… V had to focus and remind himself Sehun needs Jisoo. There is no time to think of his own desires.
Jisoo tried to put distance between them but it was impossible with how tight V was holding her.
“I’m sorry I got a little scared with… the speed.” Said Jisoo
Jisoo tried to take her arms away from V’s neck.
“Don’t.” said V. “It’s fine… Holding me tight is fine.”
Jisoo lifted her eyes and saw V’s eyes looking at her, their faces so close to each other they can feel each other’s breathing… smell each other’s scent.
V’s throat moved as Jisoo’s lips parted.
“We have to hurry.” Said Jisoo
V looked away then.
“Right. I will go a little slower.” Said V
“Please go as fast as you can, My Lord.” Said Jisoo. “Don’t mind my discomfort… there is a life that needs to be saved and I can’t help with anything unless the person is still alive.” 
That selfless heart of hers again…
V’s jaw clenched as he nodded.
“Then hold tight.” Said V
Jisoo forgot all propriety as she held on to V. And then she felt V’s hand on her head burying her face between his neck and shoulder. As if it wasn’t enough torture to be around V’s scent, having her nose directly on his skin is just a big explosion of nerves for Jisoo! V’s overpowering scent filled Jisoo’s head and body.
“Don’t move. Stay this way.” Said V
And then he flew fast. 
----------
V landed in the Lion territory. A lot of Lion warriors approached him, but Chanyeol stopped them.
“He’s the Commander’s brother.” Said Chanyeol
“Good to see you, Chanyeol.” Greeted V
Chanyeol nodded.
“Ummm you can put me down now, My Lord.” Said Jisoo
V’s eyes widened. Right… he forgot Jisoo was still in his arms… he felt so comfortable... And then he put Jisoo down to the ground. But as Jisoo stood up, her leg gave way. She almost fell face down to the ground but V caught her arm and pulled her back to him.
“I don’t know why my legs are shaking.” Said Jisoo.
“Probably the duration off time we were up in the air.” Said V
V again lifted Jisoo back in his arms.
“My Lord this is unnecessary!” said Jisoo
“Lead us to Sehun quickly.” Said V
Chanyeol nodded and hurriedly led the way. V saw Taeyong outside Sehun’s house.
“My Lord V, you are here finally.” Said Taeyong. “Jisoo, it’s good you could come.”
Jisoo smiled.
“Who is it?” asked V, with concern in his voice.
“Sehun’s mate. It doesn’t look good.” Said Taeyong
V nodded and continued to carry Jisoo inside the house.
“Ummm shouldn’t you first put Jisoo down?” called Taeyong. 
“She can’t stand yet.” Said V
“I just need a little stretching my Lord, it would be fine to put me down.” Said Jisoo
But V did not listen and continue to carry Jisoo until they reached the upper floor of the house.
Sehun rose from his seat as V lowered Jisoo to the floor. Sehun immediately held Jisoo’s hand.
V’s eyes narrowed.
“Good thing you’ve come, Jisoo.” Said Sehun
“Did a Lion healer take a look at her?” asked Jisoo
“Yes. The healer said we need to give her blood.” Said Sehun.
“I see.”
Sehun pulled Jisoo into his arms.
V took a step forward and stopped himself from doing anything more. His hands clenched to fists as he remind himself Sehun is going through tough times.
“Save her please.” Said Sehun
“I will try my best.” Said Jisoo
V coughed.
“Your mate Brother, let Jisoo take a look at her.” Said V
Sehun released Jisoo and led her to Lisa. 
“I will just be outside.” Said V
“Thank you for bringing Jisoo here, Brother.” Said Sehun
V nodded and then he left.
Sehun pulled the blanket covering Lisa down.
Jisoo’s eyes widened.
“This is… terrible… why… who would do this to her.” Said Sehun
“My own clan did it.” Said Sehun. “I do not think anyone would be willing to give his blood for my mate.” 
Jisoo sighed.
“I will give you a list of herbs that I need to be boiled together. She has to drink it. It will help with the lack of blood. I will give another list for the herbs we need for the wounds.” Said Jisoo. “But the burn on her face… I will do everything I can so it won’t leave a mark but… I may not completely remove it.”
“It does not matter to me… what matters to me is that she’s alive. No matter how many marks she has on her face or body it does not matter… I just want her to live.” Said Sehun
Jisoo nodded.


---------------


Jisoo went downstairs to make some tea when she saw V seated by the kitchen.
“My Lord.” Said Jisoo
“It’s almost morning.” Said V. “You did not sleep?”
Jisoo shook her head as she walked towards the kitchen.
“Lisa had fever. I could not leave her side.” Said Jisoo
“And Sehun?” asked V
“He was beside Lisa the entire time… his eyes never left her.” Said Jisoo. “He looked so worried and anxious… I wanted to take some  of his burdens.”
“Sehun will get through this. He is a strong warrior.” Said V
Jisoo sighed as her shoulders sank. She rubbed one of them with her hand. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter