Wolf King: Chapter 1

The Brotherhood of the Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***This is one very long chapter guys! 

 

Book 1: Wolf King

 

CHAPTER 1

 

Slave hammered the metal. With each force, sparks of flame flew in the air. She’s been creating this sword for two days now. It will be special. Nobody knows she’s been making this one. No one ordered her to make it. And although this may constitute stealing, because the metal is not hers, she plans to work for it. She wanted a weapon for herself. Since the time she started to work under the Panther Tribe’s ironsmith, she has made so many weapons. She had lost count of them after her eight sword. But none of them belonged to her. None of them were special. All of them are just metals that needed to be turned into weapons for the tribe. She doesn’t even know where the weapons go, who uses them. All she knows is that, the weapons never came back.

The ironsmith of the tribe did not like her at first. She is on the skinny side. She was still very young then. But for some reason, she liked it here. She hated it when the Panthers brought her to the Mistresses to serve their needs. She had to massage them, feed them, bathe them… all those things that those women can actually do for themselves… well except the massage. She did not like doing all those things. Even being put inside the kitchen made her bored. The Panthers weren’t happy to see that she always slept around and did not do much work. To teach her a lesson, they brought her to the ironsmith who was known to be a difficult master. But the Panthers were wrong if they thought she’d feel punished. She actually liked the weapon making. There were doubts whether she can actually make good weapons given how small her arms are. But after a few swords, more and more warriors went to her for new swords.

“Slave!” shouted the ironsmith.

Slave placed the sword on her side as she faced the ironsmith.

“Did you finish the shield that the commander asked?” said the ironsmith.

“Yes Master.” Said Slave, her voice very soft almost like a whisper.

“Good. Where is it?” asked the ironsmith.

Slave went to the storage room and brought a shield almost as big as her upper body. It was heavy and she had a hard time carrying it.

“Looks durable.” Said the ironsmith.

“And heavy.” Said Slave.

The ironsmith smirked.

“The Commander is a big man he will wield this just fine.” Said the ironsmith

The ironsmith took the shield from Slave and then a loud sound of a horn was heard.

“That’s the sound for an alarm.” Said the ironsmith. “We’re being attacked!”

Slave felt fear gripped her chest. An attack? Here?

“Close the storage.” ordered the ironsmith.

Slave immediately locked the storage with trembling hands.

“I am going to look outside. I don’t know if they infiltrated the City.” Said the ironsmith. “In case they did… enemies of the Panther tribe knows that the Panthers are good in weaponry. They will definitely take over this place. You need to leave as soon as you see an opportunity to. If you survive, if they ask you what you do… do not tell them that you make weapons. If they came here for revenge, it’s possible that whoever died, died through the use of our swords. They will not spare your life.”

Slave nodded.

“Now I’m going out. After a few minutes… you should find a way to leave this place and hide.” Said the ironsmith.

Slave nodded.

The ironsmith touched Slave’s shoulder.

“Remember this…” said the ironsmith. “You were brought here for a reason. One day, everything you’ve learned from me will be put to use. And if I don’t get to live to see that day… make sure you use it for those who matter to you.”

The Slave’s throat moved as she tried not to let a single tear escape.

“Live.” Said the ironsmith. “And once you get out of here… Get yourself a name.”

Slave’s eyes widened.

“Slave doesn’t suit you.” the ironsmith winked and then he went out running.

Slave took a deep breath. Somehow… the ironsmith became like a family to her… sort of… he was her teacher and the only one who showed a little concern for her when everyone else treated her like nothing.

Slave took a thin black cloak and covered herself from head to toe. She waited a few minutes. And when she thought she has already counted to a thousand, she went to the backdoor. She first tried to take a peek. Outside… there were so many people running. Everything seemed to be blurred as families rushed out of their homes with their important possessions.

This is bad… it seems they were indeed infiltrated. And then she saw fire on several houses. She has to leave before the enemies see her with the weapons.

Slave took a deep breath as she summoned the strength to run. And then she ran out.

After bumping with so many people, Slave managed to see an empty basket that she can climb into. They used it to store fruits. Slave went inside the basket hoping against hope that the enemies won’t open the basket. Slave closed her eyes as sounds of explosions, crashing, crying and screaming filled the air.

She has to survive this…

She has to live…

Well she doesn’t know for what purpose it is… but somehow… she isn’t ready to die yet.

Slave fell asleep inside the basket after a while. It was the exhaustion… or the fear left her drained. But when Slave woke up, she realized a good and bad news. The good news is that she’s still inside the basket. It seems nobody has found her yet. The bad news is that… the basket is moving. And the sound around has also changed. There was no more shouting, crashing and screaming… but only men talking…

“Did you gather all the weapons?” asked a man.

“These are everything in their storage.” Said another man.

“Good.” Said the first man. “What are these?”

“They are food. We saw them and took them. Those baskets probably has fruits. Some of them did.” Said the second man.

“Good.” Said the first man. “Was everyone killed?”

“Yes. Every Panther in the area is dead.” Said the second man.

“I will let the Chief know.” Said the first.

If all the Panthers are dead now… does it mean even the ironsmith is dead?

Slave closed her eyes.

She’s so scared.

Slave felt everything move. She knew she’s being transported to somewhere she has no idea where.

What will happen to her now? Once they find her, will they also kill her? Oh no…

After long hours, Slave felt the movement stop. She braced herself. She wouldn’t fight. She will not survive if she fights against them…

There were men shouting orders and several voices of women.

“Those are food. Take the baskets to the storage. Check what can still be eaten and throw away anything that are spoiled.” Said a man.

And then the lid of the basket Slave was in opened. A woman who saw her screamed.

“What is it?”

A man came over and saw her. Slave slowly stood up, her legs felt so numb she can barely stand.

The man took a sword and was going to attack her when another man behind him spoke.

“She has Panther scent on her… but she’s not a Panther.” Said the man behind.

The man holding the sword lifted his nose in the air.

“She’s not.” He agreed.

“What are you?” asked the man behind.

“umm… I’m… not a shifter.” Answered Slave.

The man from behind went near her.

“Hands up.” He said.

Slave lifted her hands up in surrender.

The man sniffed her.

“Can’t smell anything on her except the lingering Panther scent. But she’s not one of them.” Said the man.

“Not a shifter? If she’s telling the truth…” the man holding the sword seemed surprised. “This is the first time I saw a human… I mean a human who cannot shift.”

“What are doing in the Panther City? Are you their ally?” asked the man in front of Slave.

“I am not… I am their slave. I was a war prisoner.” Said Slave, her voice very soft and scared.

“Where did you come from?”

“I was very young then… I cannot remember much… It was in the forest of the East.” Said Slave. “Since then I served as Slaves to the Panthers.”

“What kind of work did you do for them?” asked the one with the sword.

Slave bit her lip.

“House work… cleaning…”

The man in front of her looked at her from head to foot.

“You have dirt and grease all over you. What kind of house did you clean?”

Slave gulped.

“Fire place…I was cleaning the fire place when you attacked the Panthers.” Said Slave.

Did they believe her?

The man in front of her smirked.

“I am not easily fooled.” Said the man.

Slave’s eyes widened.

“But you look like you’re going to collapse soon. And because you are not a Panther, we can’t kill you. The Chief’s order was clear. For now, you will stay in the slave tent together with the other slaves. There are some gold and silverwares that we took from the Panthers. You are going to clean them starting tomorrow.”

Slave nodded.

“I will do as you say.” Said Slave.

The man nodded and then walked away.

The man with the sword looked at her from head to foot. He seemed to be disgusted.

“I will take a bath if I were you. The tribe will smell the Panther on you. We don’t like that.” Said the man.

Slave nodded.

“Take her to the slave tent.” He ordered the girl who opened the basket earlier. The girl nodded.

The man left.

“Come along. I still need to take the food to the storage after.”

Slave immediately went out of the basket, but her legs were not cooperating.

The girl sighed.

“I know you are in pain.” Said the girl. “But I can’t wait for you forever.”

Slave pushed herself up and walked though each step felt painful.

They walked around what seemed like a village full of tents. So many…. Many tents….

Where in Vishox is she?

And what creatures are these she’s going to serve now?

There were so many armed men who looked like warriors. And most of them looked dangerous… they have that viscous feel about them. Slave felt goosebumps.

And then she saw several men who looked like they were fighting. They were intensely exchanging blows while the other men just stood watching.

“Should someone stop them?” asked Slave

“Huh?” the girl looked at the men. “Oh… Those two are just training.”

“Training? But they might kill each other with that force.” Said Slave.

“That’s how they train. They train as if the opponent is an enemy. They don’t hold back. You are in a tribe full of warriors. You will see these things every day.”

Slave took a deep breath. Can she really live with these people?

And then her eyes widened as she saw one of the two men shifting just a few meters from her. The other one also shifted.

Slave’s feet stopped. Her chest started to drum in fear and shock.

She has heard so many things about them… so many violent… scary… and dreadful things…

They are known to be the most viscous and unmerciful tribe….

The powerful tribe of the West…

The Wolves…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung washed his hands with all the blood as his trusted warrior, his childhood friend Jackson told him the update from the Panther Artillery and Storage Houses. Jinyoung’s body is full of blood, Panther blood.

Jinyoung is not the type of Chief who will stay behind and let his warriors do the action. He is the type of ruler who goes to the battle with them and fight with them. That is how he got everyone’s respect. In a tribe full of wolves who had ambitions to be the Alpha, Jinyoung had to show each and every male in the tribe that he was stronger than any of them. It wasn’t enough that he is the son of the former Alpha… he will not get their respect that way. When Jinyoung was matured enough to take on leadership and the Order gave him time to settle his tribe before any mission was given to him, Jinyoung fought with each man of the Wolf tribe every single day… every hour. And when there were no more to fight, everyone honored him to be their Alpha, their Chief. Now his word is law and everyone obeys him, even fears him. And that’s the way he wants it.

He still goes to the Order’s missions. That is top priority. And when he’s not around for the missions, he’s confident that the wolves will not disobey him… they fear his punishment. They know he will find out and he will not tolerate any disobedience.

“Good.” Jinyoung said. “Make sure the weapons are handled with care. Panthers make excellent weapons. We don’t want to waste them.”

Jinyoung washed his face taking the blood out.

He has to tell the Brothers about the good news. After so many decades of preparation, the order has finally given the signal for Jinyoung to start conquering the tribes of the west. The first of the three powerful tribes of the West that has to be defeated has been conquered today. He has to let the brothers know of this victory…. Especially Sehun. This Panther tribe that was defeated today is the brother tribe of the ones who attacked Sehun’s clan decades ago. It was then that Sehun lost his Uncle and cousin. Sehun would want to know that Jinyoung did not spare anyone. He would normally not wipe out entire clans. But because of what the Panthers did to Sehun, a brother, Jinyoung did not hold back.

They went to the assembly tent after that where most of the Warrior leaders were waiting for Jinyoung. Everyone was ready to give him an update of the entire attack. Everyone executed the plan well. Jinyoung trained his warriors. They caught the Panthers by surprise.

“Make sure the wounded warriors are brought to the healers.” Said Jinyoung.

“The healers were already alerted.” said another wolf warrior, also a childhood friend, Mark.

“Good.” Said Jinyoung. “Make sure there is food for everyone tonight. Everyone needs to rest. It was a very long and exhausting day for everyone.”

“I will coordinate with the cooks.” Said Jackson.

“We will postpone the celebration for tomorrow. Tonight, we rest.” Said Jinyoung.

Everyone nodded.

“Are there any casualties?” asked Jinyoung.

“We lost two warriors.” Said Mark.

“Are they mated warriors?” asked Jinyoung.

“One is mated. The other one is not.” Said Mark.

Some men sighed.

Once a wolf is mated… once a wolf finds his mate, they are fiercely possessive and attached. They are always around their mates, touching their mates. It’s like they have to smell their mate’s scent around them. Usually, Wolves cannot stand a prolonged separation from a mate. The news of a death of a mate is like delivering a death sentence to  the remaining mate. Usually, once the mate dies… the other follows after sometime depending on how strong the remaining mate is.

Because they lost a mated warrior… they will lose his mate too eventually.

“I will personally deliver the news to her.” said Jinyoung.

Jinyoung always did this. He wants to carry the burden of telling the dreadful news. He wants to spare the others of the agony that runs through the entire person of the mate once she finds out she lost her mate. It is an image that always has the ability to crush your own soul despite not being mated.

When everything was already settled, everyone left the tent except Jackson and Jinyoung.

“Would you need anything? A bath? Will you be eating here or with the warriors?” asked Jackson

“I will go straight to the mate of the warrior we lost. I don’t think I’ll have the energy to smile and laugh with the others after that. Let them bring my food to my tent.” Said Jinyoung.

“Will you dine alone? Or do you want your mistress to accompany you?” asked Jackson.

“Tell Hyuna to come to my tent tonight.” Said Jinyoung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter