Episode 12

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mansaengie..." Hwasa anxiously followed Moonbyul as she keeps calling her name but Moonbyul didn't bother to look back so Hwasa had to pick up her pace, chasing Moonbyul from behind, almost running.

"Mansaeng, please don't do that." Hwasa caught Moonbyul by her wrist. Her fake nails dug onto the latter skin. Moonbyul trying to release herself again, avoiding to look into Hwasa eyes. Frowning upon a slight pain on her wrist.

"Moon Byulyi! Stop!" Hwasa has no other choice but to raise her voice which actually works. Moonbyul no longer struggling to release herself. Luckily, no one was around to witness their little drama since they are a little further from the main hallway.

"How can I..."

"Listen." Hwasa cut her off with a firm voice. Their eyes met but for the first time, none of them could read what's written on each other eyes. All they could see is a bunch of mixed feelings.

"We had to do this for us. I had to."

"What do you mean for us?" Moonbyul a little puzzled.  As far as she is aware the fake relationship didn't bring any benefits to neither of them so she don't understand where and how the word 'us' exist in that matter.

"Someone sent something to Manager Oh earlier. Someone posted our photos in a Chinese website. The photos was taken during our vacation in Hong Kong. And now people starting to get suspicious of us being in a secret relationship."

"They don't have any solid proof of us dating. We are in the same group so it is normal for us to hang out or having a vacation together." Moonbyul loosen up and Hwasa immediately letting go of her wrist. Hwasa looked stressed rather than sad which makes Moonbyul pulling the younger girl closer to her, wanting to find the rest of her beloved through her eyes. While Hwasa is bringing herself back to the moment where Jin Woo told her about the email.

"Hyejin..." Her voice soften but managed to bring Hwasa back to their current moment.

"Someone took our photo but the quality is blurry so they wasn't sure if that is really us besides the photos was taken from afar. But the one who posted it insisted it was us."

"And..?" Moonbyul staring at every inch of Hwasa face showing that she is really listening.

"They're being suspicious of us because in those photos, we were kissing." Hwasa said hesitantly. And suddenly, Moonbyul burst into a laughter, confuses Hwasa.

"What's funny?" Hwasa ask, a little annoyed. She was so anxious about it yet Moonbyul find it's funny?

"If anything, I really want people to find out about us. I don't care if they know how madly in love I am with you." Moonbyul blurted those words out with a bright smile but for some reason those smile pisses Hwasa off. 

"You are so unbelievable..." Hwasa said with disappointment. 

"I don't see anything wrong..."

"Don't you get it yet?!" Hwasa yelled, shaking her head in disbelief. Trying to control her anger toward that blonde woman in front of her. 

"We are living with millions of reversed mindset people. We live in a country that won't accept this kind of relationship. If people ever find out about us, it would be the end of us. Do you really want to lose what you've been working for for years just because you're in love? Do you really willing to surrender your career just so people would know that you're in love with me? Are you being realistic enough?"

With that, Hwasa walk away. Anger and disappointment made her heart swelled and heavy. In the end, she decided to leave the company building while Moonbyul still on her exact spot, dumfounded.

 

Chorong and Seulgi quietly watching Moonbyul as they are settled inside the bar while waiting for their drinks. Fortunately, neither Seulgi or Chorong is busy with their schedule for today when Moonbyul called, so they agreed to meet up at their favorite bar.

"So, that's really you and Hwasa?" Seulgi ask again just to make sure, she is getting the most righteous answer. Moonbyul slowly nodded her head, again. While Chorong is still looking at the blurry picture. It is indeed blurred but true fans could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter