Episode 20

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul carefully pushed the door open but as soon as she sees Hwasa laying on the edge of their bed with her head hanging and her long brown hair reached the floor while she play with her phone makes Moonbyul smiles. The first thing she did was to kiss Hwasa's adorable face before she sit on the floor, leaning her back against their bed. She couldn't even take her eyes off of Hwasa as if she was hypnotized by her beauty. 

"Ahn Hyejin, why are you so beautiful?" She blurted out her thought.

"You're just drunk." Hwasa said with her sultry voice. Moonbyul playfully pinch her nose and Hwasa quickly hit her hand away causing the latter burst out laughing.

"Either I'm drunk or not, I know my girlfriend is the prettiest amongst all those sunflowers."

That make Hwasa finally put her phone away and turn her head toward Moonbyul who is just a few inches away. Her little frown visible as soon as she noticed Moonbyul red face. It's confirm. Moonbyul is drunk.

"How much did you drink?" Hwasa asked, concern. She touch Moonbyul red cheeks with her palm and Moonbyul leaning against her soft touch.

"Not that much. Maybe because I drank with empty stomach." 

Hwasa hissed. "Didn't I remind you about that? You do know you have gastric, don't you?"

"I forgot I was hungry. I don't expect to meet them here so I got a little too excited. Above all places in the world, here? Beside, I haven't meet them for almost three years since they are all over the world." While Moonbyul returning the horse, she was so shocked to meet her first cousins at the hotel lobby. She's fully aware that her cousins likes to travel but she never thought about meeting the two of them here. At a place that she thought haven't been really discovered by the people around the globe.

"Are you still hungry? Let's call the room service." 

Moonbyul quickly shake her head. " I can't eat or else I might throw up. My stomach is so full. I feel so bloated."

She stare into her girlfriend face and smile. "Why haven't you sleep yet? Isn't it late now? Have you eat too?"

She look at the digital clock on the bedside desk. Half an hour before 2 in the morning which means she is one and a half hour early. After getting her permission Moonbyul was told to be in their room before 3AM but here she is now at 0130AM.

"I ate some delicious fruits and I was trying to sleep but then you came. So, here I am now, entertain the talkative drunk you." Hwasa rolled her eyes but her lips formed the sweetest smiles. Moonbyul gets up and climb up the bed. She kiss Hwasa on her lips but the latter hit her chest instead complaining about the smell of alcohol in her breath. Moonbyul then lay down inside Hwasa's arms with her head rested against her chest. 

"Ahn Hyejin, let's stay here forever." Moonbyul said in a whisper.

"Do you want to stay here forever?" Hwasa play along as she reach for the tab next to her. She turn on the air conditioner and turn off the lights in their bedroom using the controller.

"With you."

"Why?"

"Because you looked happier here." Her answer almost audible as her voice muffled.

"I have never wanted to risk everything for someone but for you. I'm ready to risk all that I have." Although she said those words with her drunk voice, it still sounded sincere and genuine.

"I would risk myself if you ask me to." 

"I'm guessing you're really drunk." Hwasa trying to deny the butterflies in her stomach. Telling herself that Moonbyul only saying those words because she's drunk. But aren't drunk words are from their sober thoughts and that sober thoughts is from their most honest heart?

 

Moonbyul slowly awake as she heard those little whining. She's been hearing that whines since five minutes ago, disturbing her peaceful sleep.

"Hyejin-ah!" She called her name with her sleepy voice and cover her ear with pillow as Hwasa still whining. She got pissed, obviously. She is still very sleepy and her head are so close to bursting. It's throbbing and spinning around. Hangover was never feel good. She likes to drink but she hates the hangover.

"You've been sleeping the whole day!"

She could hear her girlfriend voice clearly. She actually wakes up two hours ago but Hwasa was not around. Hwasa left a simple note telling her that she's at the resort swimming pool just in case Moonbyul wanted to join her. She know Hwasa was waiting for her and she knows Hwasa is mad at her for sleeping the whole day which is why with her half sober state instead of going to the pool she goes out to buy something and went back to sleep again right after. She has plan to make it up with Hwasa later but for now, she just wanted to sleep her headache off.

 


Moonbyul immediately sit on the bed and stretching her numb arms before she rubs her eyes. She look around their fancy hotel room but Hwasa is nowhere to be seen. She reach for her phone and curse at herself as the clock is showing 0847PM. Moonbyul quickly jump of the bed and rush towards the master room. She's so glad that her headache are now gone but she can't take a deep breather yet knowing she is for sure getting herself into trouble.

Damn Moonbyul! You're so stupid! Moonbyul hit her own head getting mad at herself. The thought of Hwasa doing by herself the whole day makes her feel really guilty. She knows for sure, Hwasa will be mad at her.

"Hyegi-ah!" She called out her name. As she received no answer, she called Hwasa through her phone instead. Her line is ringing but she didn't answer her call. She try again but this time her call went straight to voicemail. She started to feel her rapid heartbeat. Her mind clouded with worries. Has she been wandering alone for the whole day?

"Damn it!" Without giving it a second thought, she rushed towards the exit door and running towards the elevator. With only her adidas tank top and short pant she look for Hwasa around the resort barefoot. She don't give a single care about those eyes watching her and might be judging her appearance, she just wanted to find her lover. Running around in every corner of the resort she finally found Hwasa at the mini bar by the pool. In just her tight swimsuit she looked calm drinking her cocktail although she might noticed men are prying on her through their eyes. Her wet hair makes her exotic look even ier. Of course, those men at the pool wanted her attention. Moonbyul didn't waste a second to rush towards her girlfriend as one of the foreign guy make an approach and trying to have a conversation with her. She rudely pulled the empty chair closer to Hwasa.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter