Episode 23

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwasa was about to get in the car when she received a text message from Wheein. At first the thought it was Wheein trying to apologize for her rude behavior earlier but when Hwasa open the message, her heart immediately shattered. Its beat increased rapidly. She slammed the car door and walk away, leaving Moonbyul dumbfounded at her sudden act. Moonbyul turn the engine off, quickly get off the car and chasing after Hwasa.

"Ahn Hyejin, what's wrong?" Moonbyul catch her wrist but Hwasa yanked it away with all her strength. Suddenly, she feel disgusted.

"Don't touch me!" Hwasa scream with so much anger.

"Is something wrong? What is it? Tell me." Moonbyul is so desperate for an answer. The anger in Hwasa voice makes her dying to know the reason of her sudden outburst.

"Just leave me alone!" This time her voice are shaking. Her tears started to stream down her face.

"I can't leave you alone. I need to know why are you acting like this so suddenly."

Hwasa walk away, again. She don't even want to look at Moonbyul nor is she in the mood to have a conversation. The photo Wheein has just sent really broke her heart. No one in her shoes would stay calm after seeing their lover kissing their ex. 

"You can't do this to me, Ahn Hyejin. I have every rights to know why the hell are you so mad at me!" Moonbyul finally raise her voice and it caught others attention. At this point none of them care about those eyes watching them. None of them care about their image. They have forgot about their title as an idol. Right now, at this moment, they are just like the other normal lover, arguing and fighting.

"If I did something wrong, just damn it to my face! Don't walk away like this!" Moonbyul quicken her pace trying to catch up with Hwasa who was about to run but when Hwasa suddenly stop on her track, Moonbyul abruptly stop too, she almost bump into Hwasa's back.

"I trusted you." Hwasa finally has her courage to look at Moonbyul in the eye. She unlocked her phone and show it to Moonbyul just for a second before she threw the gadget to Moonbyul and that hit her on the chest. Moonbyul groaned in pain, rubbing her chest.

"That's the damn problem!" Hwasa said as she turn and walk away again. The faster she walk the harder she cried. Hwasa couldn't control her tears. There is so much pain cause by a single photo. This was not what she meant when she wanted Moonbyul to fix her cold relationship with Yongsun. She just wanted to get everything back to its right place but not this way. This is a complete betrayal. She feel really betrayed by two people she trusted the most.

"Get in the car." Moonbyul followed her this time in a car. 

"Ahn Hyejin, get in the car. Let's talk about this." Her voice was firm. She carefully steering on her wheels. Driving in a small alley with her four wheel drive car wasn't that easy. She's trying her best not to crash while following Hwasa in the vehicle.

"Get lost!" Hwasa spit in madness. She fasten her pace, almost running. Moonbyul step on the brake. She's not chasing her anymore thinking that Hwasa needed some time alone until she get her mind straight. Moonbyul pulled on a reverse gear and went back to Wheein's apartment. This needs to be solve before she lost someone she treasure the most to a misunderstanding.

 


"Why are you doing this to me? You above all people know how much I love her and there's no way in hell I'm going to cheat on her with my ex!" 

Moonbyul spat as soon as she get into Wheein's apartment but Wheein only give her a straight face.

"Did you even realize you're about to ruin our relationship?" Moonbyul is still unsatisfied as Wheein is only muted.

"Why the hell are you even kissing your ex then? You know I'm not going to shut my mouth about this especially when it involving my bestfriend!" Wheein sit on the couch. She is as mad as Moonbyul right now. If it's not because Moonbyul is her bandmate, she would have disrespecting her more.

"You should ask me before you showed that photo to her."

"I am asking you now. What's your answer? I saw you leaning closer to Yongsun unnie with my own two eyes! It's you! Not Yongsun unnie!" Wheein breathing hard as she is trying to control her anger. Moonbyul gloomy face didn't make her feel sympathize her at all. Not even the slightest bit.

"Hyejin wanted me to fix my relationship with Yongsun. She didn't want us to get distant."

"By kissing her? Unbelievable!" There was sarcasm on Wheein's voice.

"I've made a promise with Yongsun before we broke up. If one day we decided to end our relationship, we wanted to seal it with our very last kiss which the one you witnessed. I just wanted to put everything with her to the very end by keeping my promises. That's not even a proper kiss to begin with. I told her I can't do that and you probably see I'm the one who bailed first."

Wheein end up silent. The explanation seem to make sense but Wheein are not fully convinced. She looked at Moonbyul with her sharp stare but zipped.

"If you don't believe me then it's up to you. I'm done telling you about what you have misunderstood. I need to find my girlfriend. I swear Wheein, if something happened to her...."

Moonbyul didn't finish her words instead she run towards the exit and disappeared.

Moonbyul unlocked the door and push it open. Seeing Hwasa's slippers at the door send her tons of relieve. She has been looking for Hwasa around Seoul city for three hours until she decided to just wait for her girlfriend in their apartment.

"Baby..." Moonbyul called Hwasa with her most softest voice. It breaks her heart seeing Hwasa is still crying on her favorite couch. The younger girl cover her face with her huge teddy bear refused to be seen in her miserable state.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you earlier before someone else does. This is all just misunderstanding. Would you hear me out? Give me a chance to explain, hm?" 

Her both knees on the carpet beside the couch. She tried to remove the bear but Hwasa hugging it tightly. Moonbyul could hear her little sobs and it pains her.

"Ahn Hyejin, you might not realize this but my world would fall apart if you're not in it. I need you for me to live this life. I can't imagi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter