Episode 6

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Too Deep by Why Don't We blasting through the car speakers, filling the silence since minutes ago ever since she dropped Yongsun at her apartment after their group dinner together. Moonbyul tapping her fingers to the rhythm on a steering wheels while her focus was mainly on her driving. She haven't listen to the song for long but when her gaze diverted to a fascinating woman next to her in the passenger seat this song now hits differently. Though she's not really good with English but she understood the meaning of the song long ago. 

Feeling herself being watch, Hwasa turn her head and when her eyes met Moonbyul's, she couldn't help but to smile shyly and her shy smiles makes Moonbyul shy too. But it didn't take Hwasa long to get back to her cool expression which Moonbyul finds impressive. Hwasa is the type who can change her expression from cute to hot and sad to happy in a span of millisecond. One of Hwasa's hidden "talent" that Moonbyul noticed. 

Hwasa humming to the song as she trying to understand the lyrics. She knows this song since Moonbyul was once obsessed with Why Don't We but she barely understand its meaning. Moonbyul smiles at the small hum next to her. She almost forgot the song was in her playlist. But now the song seem to held deep meaning to her. Hwasa took a glance at Moonbyul who is now having her eyes focused on the road. Not sure why but this song seems to scream something. She could tell the song already meant something to the both of them despite not really knowing its meaning. As Moonbyul listening attentively to the song, something has crossed her mind. Some part of the song has hit her hard in the heart and it's true. She used to be scared to get drown in an ocean called love after Yongsun has broke her heart but not knowing how Hwasa managed to bring her back up on her feet again. She remember clearly during her hurting and healing phase both Hwasa and Wheein never leave her side to went through those painful days. Wheein being extra funny and Hwasa being extra sweet to her during those days which resulting to her slowly drowning in Hwasa's ocean. As the time goes by, she finally moved on and find out she was already in too deep for Hwasa. The more she's being close around Hwasa, the more she failed to breath but at the same time she's living. She feels so alive. She's drowning but she didn't need saving. She just want to keeps drowning and she doesn't mind staying under Hwasa's sands. 

But sometimes, it kills her when they are on stage and they had to keep their distance. She always refrained herself from getting too close or initiated skinship with Hwasa. Which is why she always come up with different ideas to tease the younger girl just so she would have a little interaction with Hwasa in that moment. She just wanted to hear Hwasa's laughs and to see her smile. Sometimes, the stage can take three to four hours long and having Hwasa standing in front of her with all those deadly smiles and flirty moves for that long without any interaction kills her. Though she always reminded herself not to overdo it but sometimes both of them couldn't help showing affections towards each other, which always covered up or "disturbed" by Wheein on purpose, of course. They had to pretend which resulting to them looking so awkward in front of the cameras.

"Mansaeng-ah..." Hwasa break the silent by calling Moonbyul with her softest voice which make the latter heart pumping hard. That kind of voice that made her falling.

"Hmm?" Moonbyul look at Hwasa for a while and turn down the volume as she focus back on her driving. As well as trying to calm her heartbeat down. 

"Why me?" Hwasa blurted out the question she's been longing to ask ever since the eldest confessing her feeling that night, about two weeks ago. A small smile formed on the corner of Moonbyul's lips. She's been waiting for Hwasa to ask her a question like this. She loves talking to Hwasa about this.

"Why you? Because you're Ahn Hyejin." Moonbyul answer briefly. Turning the wheel to the right side. 

"And I'm not Kim Yongsun." Hwasa mumbles lowly but Moonbyul managed to caught it. Hwasa's insecurities over their leader is real. She noticed how Hwasa always back away when she and Yongsun having their little moment mostly their childish banter. It always feels like Hwasa is always ready to let her go if Yongsun asked her to. That kind of thoughts pierced Moonbyul's heart.

"Exactly. Because you're not Kim Yongsun, I confessed to you. I'm sure you know how much it takes to confess our feelings to someone. And here I am again Ahn Hyejin confessing to you that, I have feeling for you and I always wanted you to be mine." Moonbyul said with her purest heart despite her crimson cheeks. She parked the car on the side road and pulls the handbrake before she met Hwasa's stares. Even thought shyness hitting her hard but for Hwasa, she swallowed it all.

"But people like you better with Yongsun unnie. A lot of people wanted to see you and her together. They even has a nickname for the both of you. Everyone always screams their lungs out whenever you and unnie teasing each other."

Moonbyul shakes her head. Frustration flashes on her face but it don't last long enough. If reassurance is what Hwasa needed she willingly doing this for more than hundred times. So, she take Hwasa's hand from her lap and hold it gently. 

"That's what they want and not what I want. Moonsun is over. It's in the past. Now, I want you and only you. I'm in love with you and I don't think I needed people's validation about that."

Hwasa stare at Moonbyul blankly. She knew Yongsun is still madly in love with Moonbyul. Even though they broke up because of Yongsun herself, she can see through Yongsun's eyes how much she loves Moonbyul and that makes Hwasa insecure. She was once witnessed how Moonbyul giving it all for Yongsun before. Even when she had to crawls a thousands stairs, she will do that for Yongsun. So, to have Moonbyul moved her heart to her after being too much in love with Yongsun makes Hwasa doubting Moonbyul a little.

Moonbyul stare into Hwasa and right away know what's in the girl head. They has this strong chemistry that, just by staring into Hwasa face Moonbyul can tell what's in Hwasa head.

"Hyegi-ah.." Moonbyul paused and placed Hwasa hand against her chest, right on where her heart lies. "It's beating. And it's for you."

Hwasa curse inside of her for Moonbyul's unexpected sweetness, not because she feel stupid but because of those sweet words Moonbyul has just spat at her with sudden. This is the soul of a song writers, Hwasa thought to herself. Hwasa hesitantly pull her hand away from Moonbyul chest as she look away. She's not rejecting Moonbyul. In fact, she never denies those feeling she felt being around Moonbyul. She never denied their sparks. Instead, she embraced the love that slowly growing in her heart but she has so much thoughts about what's to come if they finally together. Since they are not just ordinary people but a public figure who live in Korea that has so many close minded people when it comes to the gay relationship, they will surely gonna have to through a lot.

Moonbyul straighten her body, gripping on the wheel tightly as she look upfront. Hwasa silence kills her but she understand, she can't rush Hwasa into accepting her. She, herself scared of what's the future brings if ever they are together. She realized that kind of relationship was never accepted by Korean society but just one yes from Hwasa, she's willing to went through it all with Hwasa. While her mind wandering around, she finally realized she parked her car at Myeongdong street food stalls. Not far from where she parked, she can see Hwasa's favorite chimek stall.

"Of all Seoul, you decided to parked us here?" Hwasa interrupted her thoughts and Moonbyul could hear excitement in her voice. She look at Hwasa and grinning from ear to ear. 

"Chimek?" Moonbyul suggested with her provoking tone. Hwasa look at her wrist watch and the clock is pointed to half passed 2am and they has schedule for tomorrow.

"We have schedule tomorrow and we just ate a momen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter