Episode 8

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jung Wheein, before you blew up on us, this is neither of our fault." Yongsun went on a defensive mode as she noticed the death glare Wheein is throwing at them. After Hwasa leaving their rest room with a heavy heart, the space filled with silent with Wheein keep staring with those stares.

"Of course, you'd be the happier." Wheein unconsciously throwing her cynical remarks on Yongsun making the eldest erupted in an awkward laughs.

"Hold up. Why are you throwing this on me?" Yongsun ask calmly between her half-hearted laugh. Wheein's lips curved into a small pouts and she look away from Yongsun. She can't help the bitterness as she sees her best friend leaving the room with those expression in desperation to get away from the space that is hurting her at that moment. Eleven years of friendship makes her feel the pain too.

"Wheein, our Sajangnim has made up his mind based on the voting result. Shouldn't we be a little professional about it?" Yongsun added trying to lightened up the situation. She knows Wheein is actually mad at the decision but it's not something Yongsun could help too even as the leader of the group. It's all on their CEO hands.

"Of course they wanted to see Moonsun together all the time because they don't know the truth behind Mamamoo. Should I just tell them?" Wheein voice out her careless and childish suggestion still out of bitterness.

"Wheein-ah..." Moonbyul hit Wheein's back lightly as she laughs. She knew Wheein wasn't serious about it. Wheein is just upset because they don't have a say in this matter as their CEO has finalized the decision for them.

"Why are you like this?" Moonbyul ask with her soft tone. Wheein rolled her eyes at the question and decided to play with her nails instead. She really looked like a sulking baby right now and Yongsun and Solar finds it cute. The half intense environment earlier was killed by the way Wheein pouting her lips and whinning frustratedly.

"But imagine if I really tell our fans about what really happened." Wheein tone changed into a calm voice and look at her unnies as if she never throwing a 'tantrum' a minute ago.

"We'll be put into a long hiatus." Yongsun started to imagine the worst scenarios in her head if ever their dark hidden story exposed to the world.

"Sajangnim will kill us for sure." Moonbyul added while nodding her head, agreed to her own assumption.

"I think Hyejin is at the rooftop by now." Yongsun breaks the environment, giving Moonbyul an understanding look though she couldn't deny that little jealousy in her. Wheein finally smile after hearing what Yongsun has just said. Obviously, Yongsun wanted Moonbyul to make things up with Hwasa even though it's not her fault. Moonbyul nods her head, understood but before she left the room she could see Wheein and Yongsun hugging each other and starts making fun of each other again.

The grey hair girl make her way to the hallway, passed by the elevator before she takes the emergency exits. It's the only way in this building to the rooftop. As soon as Moonbyul push the door open, she greeted by the bright sun and a cold wind which put her in ease for a little while before she see the back of a woman she really adores. Moonbyul slowly make her way towards Hwasa who seem to enjoy the heat while looking at the Seoul city covered with a clear skies. For some reasons, Moonbyul thought this moment should be in the portrait so she stop and pull out her phone, adjusting the camera focus after getting a suitable angle she then take a couple photos of Hwasa enjoying the view from behind without Hwasa knowing.

This has become her new obsession now. Truthfully, she has been doing this, secretly taking photos of Hwasa while she blended with the nature or when Hwasa is just spacing out even before she grew some special feeling for the latter. She always thought that Hwasa and nature is an inseparable pairing. Such a beautiful moment shouldn't be wasted, so she put Hwasa into her film instead. She has tons or probably hundreds of Hwasa photos saved inside her drive. Nobody knows about this habit of her except herself. But this habit has now turn into obsession as the photos always come out great it could be put into a photobook for their year end season greetings.

"I wonder what a beautiful lady doing here looking all sad and gloomy in such a bright weather?" Moonbyul uttered with her calm voice. Leaning her back on the concrete protector, facing the opposite direction of Hwasa's. She stretched both her arms while breath in the fresh air deeply. This is such a good free therapy for my mental health, she thought.

"Your greasy lines won't work on me." Hwasa comments, staring far away as if she wanted to get swallowed by the white clouds at the moment.

Moonbyul finally turn and facing Hwasa. The moment her eyes laid on her face, Moonbyul couldn't help the butterflies inside her stomach. There's a lot of their moments that tells Moonbyul how much she's in love with the woman before her eyes and this is one of those moment.

"I know but right now, I'm saying nothing but facts. It's a nice bright weather with a beautiful lady next to me. Such a good day. Such a lucky day." Moonbyul added which now earned a little smile on Hwasa face.

"Hong Kong isn't that bad..." Hwasa said with a low tone, trying to get into the real topic that brought Moonbyul here, interrupted her alone time.

"Indeed but partner is what disturbing me. A wrong pairing, I must say. But..." She paused and turn to look at Hwasa in the eye.

"I am willingly get into trouble if that what it takes to make you happy."

Hwasa went speechless. She couldn't hide the fact that those words has moved her and make her heart flustered but Hwasa wanted to act professionally since it's related to their work although her heart is against it. Hwasa knows what Moonbyul is implying to. One word from Hwasa then she's ready to face their CEO and declined the Battle Trip offer but if Moonbyul is really going to do that, it will caused her a lot. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter