Episode 15

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul scratch her head, sighing in defeat. She unlocked Hwasa's phone once again and reading through the entire article for the third time. There is about thousand of comments under the baseless written news. Some are defending Hwasa but most of them are throwing hate and talking ill about her. 

"Why are people just has to be this disgusting?" Moonbyul muttered to herself as she walks toward the management team office room. She feel the need to do something about three false articles written about Hwasa yesterday. She really thinks that their company should starts taking actions against any reporters and social media users that released a false fact and defamed them based on their own assumptions and those who leave a malicious comments about every artists in RBW should be taken legal actions too.

"What taken you here this early?" Jin Woo frowning upon seeing Moonbyul at his door. It's actually so rare to have their artists walking up to the management floor unless they are being summoned for something serious. He assumed, Moonbyul must have something important to talk about.

"Shouldn't the company do something about this?" Moonbyul talking it straight and hand their CEO the phone and he take it with so much confusion on his face. Moonbyul always prefer Jin Woo rather than Dong Hoon since Jin Woo is a lot easier to talk with unlike their first CEO.

"What are their source?" Jin Woo ask scrolling through the articles and even reading the top comment that says Hwasa should leave the industry for being disgusting. Jin Woo couldn't help but to feel his anger boiled.

"It's too early for being mad but ah.. I really can't help this one." He massage the back of his neck.

"Did she know about this? Have she read it?" Jin Woo get worried thinking about how it would effect Hwasa if she ever finds out.

"That phone in your hand right now is hers so yes. She know about it and she read everything in there which is why she was so down earlier and she even think about harming herself." 

Jin Woo clenched his fist. From the beginning until to this day, hates that being thrown towards Hwasa never fail to make him furious but he and his brother never thought about taking actions against them thinking it wouldn't be that serious but now that Moonbyul mentioned about Hwasa has that thought planted in her head makes him very anxious. He always prioritize mental health in his company be it for their artists or their management staff, mental stability always comes first for him.

"Alright. I'm calling the board meeting after this and bring up this issue. It's time for us to take actions and sue as many people as we can. There is no forgiveness for this. They are all will be charge for defamation. I'll discuss about finding all these people in the comments with IT team and called the tabloid company to take down the articles. Don't worry. Just keep your eyes on her. She has been holding on for too long." Jin Woo voiced out his worries with concerns. He even plan to personally meet Hwasa later once the meeting is over. What Hwasa said to Moonbyul earlier isn't something that he can take very lightly. It's a serious matter.

"Byulyi, how about we put the album making on hold? Take a vacation or something. Bring her somewhere. Get her out of this country for awhile. Ease her mind. I'm so worried about her." Jin Woo expressed his concern once again. He really think giving Mamamoo their time for a vacation would be the best for everyone.

"Can we do that? We've planned everything.."

"That can wait. We'll get back to work after your vacation. I give you guys two weeks to clear your mind. I'll mention about this during the meeting later."

A small smile formed on Moonbyul face. Finally. She has been waiting for this for a long time. She's been wanting to get away from South Korea for a little while. Most importantly, she's been wanting to spend time with Hwasa in oversea where no one recognize them.

"Company will pay for everything. Just go and have fun and come back with a stronger mind." Jin Woo calling for his secretary and a few seconds later Mr. Lee appeared on the door.

"Book for a plane tickets to wherever Mamamoo wants tomorrow. They will tell you their destination by tomorrow morning.."

Moonbyul's eyes widen at the word 'tomorrow'. She really wanted the vacation but she never expect it to be this soon. She should tell her members about it.

"And book for their hotel too. The girls might going to a different countries depends on their choices. Biling all their vacation expenses under my name." Keeps giving his order with his serious face.

"And what are you waiting for?" Jin Woo glance at Moonbyul. 

"Go and tell your girls and decide where to go. I'll brief your manager and the security team about this after the meeting. And tell Hyejin to meet me at the basement cafeteria before 5PM today." Listening to tons of orders, Moonbyul jump from her seat. Their CEO is indeed so rushing in changing their schedules but this is the kind of rush she likes. Two weeks of a free vacation to anywhere she want? Who wouldn't like it?

"Ye. Thank you so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter