[ ♡ ] Chapter IX.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days after the incident in the library, Baekhyun talked to his lover. Though, she wasn’t cooperative. She hated everything about Nami; her abilities, her personality, her features and looks, her mannerism, and her titles. Her attitude and mood were rubbing off on him that he was grumpier when he walked into the dining hall or while he sat in a circle with his friends. He barely talked, most of the time it’s Junmyeon or Chanyeol bouncing out ideas or reminiscing on their days when he was prince where all the fun used to be. They would mention that they trained in the arts of combat together or go out into the city just to sit down by the river. Even then, they got no reaction from him. With things taken care of and every training and meetings he’d done for his crowning, he was able to rest and take a break from all the headaches. But the headaches came and went when he had to think about the actions and words of his lover – and the actions and words of his wife. His partner that the whole world knew of. His partner that stood with confidence over two countries and his country.

 

“Baekhyun,” a deep male voice called out, pulling him away from his thoughts. His attention turned to his friend, Chanyeol, while several eyes rested on him – including Nami’s. “are you alright?” Chanyeol queried, raising a brow to the King. Baekhyun cleared his throat and smiled, nodding his head: “I’m fine. Why do you ask?” “We’ve been trying to have a conversation with you,” Irene mentioned, eyeing the King curiously. “You looked to be in your own world.” Baekhyun blinked, nodding once again. He was in his own little world – for a few minutes. Or rather almost the entire time they’ve been sitting in the dining room for an afternoon tea and snacks. “Just a lot on my mind, I suppose.” He replied, taking a sip of his own tea when Nami raised a brow at him before turning away as quick as she did.

 

“Your highnesses,” Sooyeon, a maid that Nami had come to adore, came running in with a quick bow. “If appears your guest of honor is currently in route to arrive here shortly.” Nami blinked, turning to Irene – who, in turn, smiled widely to the Queen.

 

Did we mention that Baekhyun had wrote a letter to Dongmin?

 

And did we mention that Dongmin replied with pleasure of visiting Korea?

 

No? Well, Dongmin is their guest of honor.

 

A smile plastered Nami’s lips as she rose from her seat alongside Irene, Baekhyun and his friends doing the same. He had to admit that seeing that smile on her made him feel better. Perhaps he’d like to see it more – had he not messed up everything with his ego and big mouth. “Let’s go,” Irene uttered softly, and the two females raced – well, sped walked – towards the entrance of the Byun castle. “I think that’s the first time I’ve seen the Queen smile in the time that she’s been here,” Junmyeon mentioned as the three followed behind the Queen and her lady-in-waiting. “Well, her cousin brings a smile to her face all the time,” Baekhyun mentioned, his hands resting behind his back as they walked. “Her smile’s rather refreshing.” For a moment, Junmyeon and Chanyeol turned to him with a shocked expression. They’ve only ever heard Baekhyun speak about his lover, so to hear him speak of someone that’s not her is an utter shock. “Don’t look at me like that,” he retorted, his nose scrunching up, “She’s always been one to smile and treat others – above or low her – with respect. To admire her isn’t much of a surprise. Everyone admires her.” He argued and his friends couldn’t help but hold a grin. “Of course, everyone does.” Chanyeol uttered, “but it’s not everyday we hear our friend speak of someone who isn’t… it. Hearing you talking about the Queen is more refreshing if you ask us.” He said with a teasing grin on his lips. Baekhyun sighed, rolling his eyes as walked in front of them – hoping to escape whatever teasing they had in store for him for admitting what he thought of his significant other.

 

The Queen and Irene were already outside ready to greet the Jewel Prince as Baekhyun stepped up beside Nami. Junmyeon and Chanyeol stood beside Irene, a little off to the side of the King and Queen. Nami turned her head, a smile on her lips as she glanced at him. He returned her smile, facing the front as he shifted on his feet. It was the first time since her arrival had she felt like she’d be okay living in a foreign country other than her own. Maybe Baekhyun simply knew that Dongmin was one of the people who could really make her happy. He knew that they grew up together, did many things together, so it wasn’t without a doubt that the first person he’d choose to come to visit them in Korea.

 

Many of the staff – including Baekhyun’s lover – came out to see whom they’d be greeting. All they knew was that Baekhyun told them that their guest is one of the utmost important people to come visit the castle, and that he is to be treated with the same respect as him and Nami. They stood behind the King and Queen of their country, awaiting the arrival of their guest. Even Baekhyun’s parents – who’d just return from their vacation – ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter