08- Dinner

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole night was spent just fine with no weird encounters or incident. Plus, not too long after that, she was accompanied by one of the guards who is in charge that night.

 

“Have you heard any weird things about this hotel?”, out of sudden, she asks the guard named Park Jinho, a man in his late 50s. The old man sips his hot coffee before glancing at her.

 

“What do you mean? Ghosts?”, he asks. Minseo nods. The earlier incident was terrifying, she wasn’t sure if it was ghost or anything else.

 

“Not really. But this place is quite famous among gangsters since it’s in the middle of city. You better don’t go out alone, especially at night. These people are very good at assaulting women for money,” his eyes glares at Minseo, as if he is giving a dangerous warning to her. Minseo almost choke on her saliva. During her 2 years working experience here, she barely knows that this place is quite dangerous at night since she never had night shifts. To think about the phone calls she received earlier, it makes her shivers in horror. Where did those punks get her number? If it was a prank, there is no way they would be getting her number without any reason why.

 

Minseo says nothing and hope this night ends quickly.

 

As soon as the sun arisen, she immediately drives her car away and erase all the incidents that happened. She is positive that it was just another prank calls that some teenager would pull, to waste time. Plus, there is nothing to be afraid of since she never took out loans from any dangerous organisations. She didn’t do anything wrong so she can’t see any reason why she should be shivering under the blankets

 

Her stomach growls, begging to be filled. She sighs. Right, she hasn’t eaten since yesterday night, no wonder her belly aches a lot. She looks at the random shops or convenience store to grab some food before going back home to eat the proper meal. As soon as she saw 7Eleven between the random shops, she pulls over and parks the car.

 

Without wasting any time, Minseo grabs a bottle of mineral water and yakisoba bread that has been her favourite and pay few bucks at the counter before taking a big bite.

 

She closes her eyes, enjoying the little pieces of convenience store’s food that has been her official meals. A heavy sigh left her lips before finishing the last piece of the bread. She can’t really remember the last time she had a real food or to be exact, a home cooked meal. It’s not like she has a home to go back just to be served with tons of comfort foods on the table. It’s always lonely and cold.

 Before she goes back to her car, she stops as she remembers she has to buy groceries. God knows how long the fridge has been empty since she was busy with her multiple works. She looks around, to find any nearest groceries shop. Minseo’s face lighten up when she sees a groceries store, not too far from her. It isn’t a big market but probably enough for her to shop a little. It would be like 5 minutes of walking so she isn’t planning to bring her car.

 

As she arrives, Minseo wanders around. It’s Friday, the place looks as busy as ever since weekends start tomorrow. Promotions here, promotion there.

 

“Should I buy this?”, she says to herself while holding a bunch of fruits that currently on clearance stocks promotions. Some items are very cheap which makes her immersed in her own world that she isn’t bothered by whoever coming to her way.

 

Almost 20 minutes of her ‘quick’ shopping, she makes her way to check out before she feels someone pokes on her shoulder.

 

“Minseo, is that you?”.

 

She looks back and surprised at what she just saw.

 

“Mrs. Gaeun,” she says, clearly didn’t expect that she would meet that lady here.

 

“Oh, it’s really you. I couldn’t thank you for the other day. Thank you for taking care of the house, they look better,”the lady in flower printed long blouse says, holding her hands. Minseo flashes her sweet smile.

 

“I’m glad you feel that way. I’m sorry about your bowls,” she scratches her head. Mrs.Gaeun shakes her head.

 

“Never mind, my son told me everything. Plus, I’ve got it during the sale, pretty cheap, so no worries, I’m definitely gonna buy another one on another sale,” she leans forward and whispers before chuckling. Minseo giggles too even she isn’t sure whether it’s the truth or just another lie to comfort her. But whatever it is, she is very fond of Mrs.Gaeun. She is a sweetheart and it makes Minseo feel comfortable even she just met her for the second time.

 

Mrs. Gaeun glances at the basket that she has been holding.

 

“Are you alone or with someone?”, she asks.

 

“I’m alone. Just got back from work,” she says while tucking the loose baby hair behind the ear. She knows she looks messy. Can’t blame anyone, she just wants to go home and wash up.

 

The older woman bites her lower lip and nods.

 

“Alright, I gotta go now, got family to feed. Glad that I meet you today, please take care of yourself, dear,” she pulls Minseo into her embrace and rubs her back slowly, making her returns the same. Deep inside, she can feel the warmth of this woman. She is a woman with positivity and warmth, sure she is being loved by many. Minseo closes her eyes and hug her back before both of them pulling off each other.

 

“Take care, Mrs.Gaeun,” Minseo says, waving her goodbye as she takes step to walk away.

 

“Oh!” the older woman stops and turns her back, looking at Minseo. Minseo raises her eyebrow.

 

“Are you free tomorrow night?”, the question makes Minseo looks at her in confusion.

 

“Yes, I think so. Why?”.

 

“Come over to my house, I’m making dinner,” she says, adjusting the groceries in her hands. Minseo’s lips part.

 

“Ar-are you inviting me? I mean, uhm that’s lovely of you but I’m not really used to this,” she swears to the love of god, she is the worst at giving excuses but really, she is pretty surprised at the sudden invitations.

 

“Don’t worry, it won’t be any party or something. Just a dinner night with my husband and kids, to celebrate the house” Mrs.Gaeun seems insisted to bring Minseo to her dinner celebrations. Minseo’s eyes widen. If there is no anyone else, just family members, why does she want to invite stranger like her? And by any mean, this dinner would be meaningful for the family. She definitely doesn’t want to ruin it.

 

“I’m really sorry, Mrs.Gaeun. I would love to but this must be meaningful for you and your family and I don’t want to ruin it. I’m just an outsider. Maybe, we can have coffee, another day?”, she carefully arranges her word, not wanting to hurt the woman with her rejection.

 

“No no, it’s really fine. The more, the merrier, you know? You might be a stranger but I’m really comfortable you. And to thank you for your hardwork. And you remind me so much about my daughter. She must be really fond of you. Please, just once, Minseo?” she clasps her hands with Minseo’s, making her in dilemma. She doesn’t have heart to reject her for the second time, looking at her being so insisted.

 

“Is this really fine? Will your family be fine?”, she asks, anxious.

 

“I’m sure they will. They are very open toward new people. So, are you going?”

 

Minseo knows she can’t say no so she nods quietly making Mrs. Gaeun squeals in excitement before hugging her.

 

“Thank you. Ah, I’ll let you know the details okay? See you later, dear,” she pulls away and waves her goodbye before fading. Minseo sighs. Just what did she do just now? She just agreed to go to family’s dinner of someone she just met 2 days ago. The thing is, Mrs. Gaeun is sweet and kind but it’s quite uncomfortable to eat at someone’s dinner party. Plus, it’s been a long time since she attends any event like this.

 

And there will be Taehyung whom she will spending the night with. It’s crazy.

 

She ruffles through her hair. Then, she remembers, what will she be wearing tomorrow. The thought kills her.

 

**

 

Taehyung casually sits on the leather chair in his studio while moving the mouse on his hand. His head bops, following the rhythm and beats that come from the PC. His forehead frowns as he isn’t satisfied with the new beat he just created.

 

“Not this,” he says and crossing off some words on a sheet of paper, beside the keyboard. He has been working on his usual hobby ever since evening to kill some time. There is no one at home so he thought it would be nice if he works on new songs that he has been doing ever since God-knows-when.

His messy hair is swiped behind before he starts clicking this and that to perfect the new random song he makes on the PC and studio.

 

“Nice,” he says again and jolts something on the same page.

 

This is what he likes to do. Randomly make beats and melody, to fit his mood, to kill some time. Sometimes, he would just play instrument and gets immersed in it. He loves doing this and never want to stop even it takes him to marry someone else.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter