14 - In which they said yes

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?” Taehyung blinks his eyes at her, who is looking at her desperately. Minseo tries to swallow her saliva that has been choking in .

 

“I’ll marry you. I’m serious,” she says with a fire of desperation sparks in her eyes. Her face is burning with embarrassment that she never thought would hit her this hard. Everything seems drag her into the reality, making her feel bad for ever existing. Those things she ever said to Taehyung few days ago to refuse him, is like going back to her and show who is the real now. She lost to her own words and principle.

 

There is silence reply from him as he is obviously lost at words. Taehyung stares at her, as if he just saw a ghost. But his eyes slowly changed. It’s deep and dark, Minseo’s weakness.

 

“Minseo, I’ve said before, I won’t force you” he says, his raspy, husky and deep voice stings her skin without any reason why. She nods quickly even deep inside, she is scared. Is this what she wants? Is this the only way to solve the problems? But the only she is sure enough is she wants Taehyung.

 

“This is what I want,” she adds.

 

“You know this isn’t a joke,” he adds. His gaze is still dangerous as before.

 

“I know and I’m serious. Marry me. Please,” only God knows how she despises the way she looks like right now. She must be looking pathetic and stupid in front him but she can’t do anything about it. Her pride isn’t something she should think of. She have to do this. She needs to do this.

 

“Sleep, let’s talk about this tomorrow,” he whispers before moves aside to pull the blanket and pillow to its place. Thinking about the nightmare makes her terrifies the out of her. She can’t bring herself to sleep again in this situation with the heavy rain outside. It makes everything look scary like death. She remains freeze on her spot, looking at him who is already get up.

 

“Are you leaving?” she speaks, her voice becomes raspy and small. She tries to look for his gaze but couldn’t find it. Taehyung groans softly.

 

“I have things to settle downstairs,” he answers and Minseo remains silent. He really makes her comfortable and better but now, he is leaving. She isn’t sure whether this fear of the nightmare or of him leaving. Both are scary.

 

He walks to the door before turns around.

 

“Wait for me, I won’t be late,” he says and leave quietly. She shudders at the words. He will come back. He is going to be here, for her. Her chest is thumping hard and her heart feels like jumping out from her chest if she don’t do anything to calm down. Slowly, she pulls the blanket and get back to sleeping position. It’s pouring outside but why don’t it sound lonely like usual? She looks at the door, patiently wait for him to come back

 

**

 

“I do,” they exchange vows and with that, they are officially married to each other when everyone claps with joy, celebrating the newly wed couple. Minseo glances at Taehyung and she can’t believe this is real. Mrs. Gaeun tears up, smiling like she always does. Mr. Jinho nods in satisfication at his son while busy with the guests. Eunji and Jeonggyu cheer happily as they know she is now part of the family. Their family. Wendy looks at her, with her teary eyes, as if she can’t believe Minseo is actually married.

The private hall looks beautiful with its aesthetic and lovely decoration, celebrating both of them. There are only few close friends and family attend the private wedding of Taehyung and Minseo, including Wendy, the only representative from her side.

 

Minseo looks at Taehyung beside her. He looks super calm and it's hard to read his face as he never showed that much. 

 

Say, she can’t believe she is now a married woman. Is this a dream? Incident few weeks ago comes across her eyes.

 

“Let’s get married,” his stares throb into her eyes, not knowing it almost killed her. She can’t say anything as her tongue is glued and all she can do was staring back at his fiery eyes.

 

“This quick?” she stuttered, losing her mind.

 

“We both have desires and I want to finish it this quick,” he said, still his cold as ice voice. His gaze soften when he noticed Minseo looked flustered and uncomfortable.

 

“You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. I won’t force you,” he added, making Minseo looked up at him and denied it quickly. Full of desperation and needy. She needed this.

 

“I-I will do this. Let’s finish this quickly,” she stuttered again but then, she looked away, it was too embarrassing to say this to him. She couldn’t even look at him in the eyes, knowing how she would be slapping herself with her own ego.

 

“With one condition,” she adds, her voice faded as she could feel hot blood rushed to her face. Taehyung leaned his face closer to her and examined her expression. He lifted one of his brows, telling her to continue.

 

“Give me 30,000 dollars as the exchange of this marriage,” hot tears pooled in her eyes, making her vision became blurry. He didn’t do anything but she felt humiliated. She once said to him before, no matter what happened, she won’t trade her life with money. She had pride and dignity but now, she did exactly what she had denied before. She ate what she just spit and it hurts to even look at him in the eyes. She was ashamed of herself.

 

Taehyung looked stunned at her request. 30,000 dollars isn’t a small amount of money and to think she traded herself for it, concerned him. What the hell would you do with the 30k dollars if it’s not for something that put your life in misery. It’s not like he can’t give it to her but he wondered what is she going to do with the money? A small sigh left his lips.

 

“Is this because of the gangsters? Are you doing this for money?” he asked and she swears it slapped her. Yes, she did this for money, for the sake of her and her sister’s lives. She nodded silently, trying to refrain herself from crying. She asked for money and now she had the audacity to cry like a beggar? This , her inner self said.

 

“Asking you for the money is embarrassing enough so just please let me do something in return by letting you to marry me,”.

 

Nothing is free, they said.

 

“Alright,” he answered. His fiery eyes had soften and the way he looked at Minseo is as soft as the cotton. He changed in a blink of eyes. She gathered her courage to look at him and he smiled.

 

“I won’t make you regret by marrying me,” he said.

 

Minseo gets back to her sense when she feels someone taps her shoulder. She looks over her shoulder and it was Wendy.

 

“Are you okay? You look pale,” she says with a deep frown. It clearly shows she is worried at Minseo’s expression.

 

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Just nervous,” she chuckles nervously.

 

"Hey, I can't believe you're married," Wendy speaks with a smile across her lips. Her eyes pooled with tears before Minseo pulls her into a hug. 

 

"I can't believe it either," she says between sobs and Wendy quickly pulls away from the hug and wipes the tears from her eyes.

 

Minseo feels heavy in her heart. Getting married is one of the biggest thing happened in her life and thinking how Wendy is the only one who came from her side, makes her feel sad and grateful at the same time. She realised how lonely she was. She wished Namjoon would be here but he can't make it. He can't call off the schedule just like that and Minseo tried to understand that. by thinking of the reason why she is here in her white dress, pains even more. She needs her family in her most vulnerable state but she can't have it.

 

"Stupid, don't cry. You're the bride today, you can't look ugly. Queen don't cry," she chukles a little, making Minseo giggles. They exchange eye contacts.

 

"This is too sudden but i hope you're all fine after this. I can see Taehyung is a good guy. He can take care of you," Wendy says, giving the most convincing looks so she won't be worried and nervous. She knows how anxious Minseo can be. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter