18 : you're the light to my night

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHEN YOU READING

               Lucky Star - The night of Seokyo (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k-e4DI1-ID4)

“Are you sure about this?” Taehyung asks Minseo, who is looking out of the window, asking for last confirmation from her. Minseo looks back at him with raised eyebrow and nods. Taehyung shrugs while focusing on the road as he is driving.

 

“Yeah, why?” she looks confused at his question before chuckling. Why is it a question? What is it that she needs to be sure of? Taehyung bites his lower lip before a small smile appear across his lips.

 

“I don’t know. I thought you would choose Paris or London, I’ve prepared for it, you know,” he chuckles, letting out his deep and child like giggle.

 

After few days since dinner night with their parents, just what has been planned, both of them are leaving Seoul to have some time together, which Minseo thought, never included in their marriage context. Most people call it honeymoon but it never crossed her mind to do so. But deep inside, it excites her to the core thinking all the quality time she will be having with him, without anyone else.

God knows how many sleepless night she been having before the day, she wonders if Taehyung feels the same too.

 

“Gosh, you’re too cliché. Why is it always have to be Paris? Can’t it be Russia or maybe, Itaewon?” Minseo mumbles while scrunching her little nose at her husband while adjusting the scarf around her neck. It’s getting cold each days. Out of sudden, Taehyung let out a breathy laugh while covering his mouth. Minseo looks at him, confused.

 

“This is weird but you got a point. Why do people always go to Paris for honeymoon? I think all married couple are cursed. If we don’t wanna go to Paris, what chu gonna do?” he says while nodding, as if they are making some kind of hypothesis of science project. His sudden serious facial expression makes Minseo almost burst into laugh. This guy is really random out of nowhere. Minseo also nods, agreeing seriously even she is holding the laugh.

 

“We can make Daegu becomes the next Paris,” she says before laughing out loud as it sounds cringy. Who on earth would say something like that? Taehyung joins her while shaking his head. What the hell the conversation was? They laugh together before the car atmosphere is only filled by small noise from outside.

 

“Honestly, why’d you choose Daegu?” after few minutes of silence, Taehyung asks her with his softest voice ever. The day when she chose Daegu really makes Taehyung curious yet excited at the same time. He’d expected she would go for overseas but to his surprise, it’s that place where he was born and raised. He came to realization, it’s been a long time since he came to their hometown. It gives little excitement in him.

 

Minseo bites her lower lip, not really sure what answer she would give to him. Honestly, she, herself, didn’t know what is the exact reason she insisted to go Daegu out of other place.

 

“I’ve been wanting to go there,” she says, casually while looking at the road. The weather is looking good and nice, as if it knows that today is a good day. Taehyung raises an eyebrow, amused at her answer.

 

“Have you been there before?”

 

“Never. I’m stucked in Seoul until now,” she shrugs before Taehyung looks at her in disbelief.

 

“So, this is the first time you actually go far from Seoul?” Taehyung shakes his head. Minseo nods, again.

 

“Sad but true. And, it’s your hometown. I want to know how it looks like,” she smiles while looking at his side before the corner of his lips, lifted. Her smile becomes brighter, seeing him smile.

 

“Daegu is such a beautiful place. You won’t regret being there,” his voice becomes lower and it has a sense of comfort in it. The way his eyes spark whenever they are talking about the place, shows how he cherishes that place. It must have a special place in his heart. Minseo didn’t take her eyes off him. It’s weird how everything about him, draw her closer. He is breathing but she finds everything about him, is beautiful. Minseo quickly looks away. She shouldn’t have let herself being this way. Somebody needs to stop her.

 

“Show me, then,” she replies. Taehyung nods, confidently.

 

“I won’t make you regret,”

 

**

 

After few hours of driving to Daegu, they finally arrived at the hotel that they will be staying for the next 3 days. Mr.Kim gave her a week vacation leave but she knows everyone in the hotel would go mad if they know she is leaving for a vacation. Especially those 2 girls. Their coffee must be bitter. So, she decided that 3 days off should be okay, since it’s only within the country.

 

Taehyung quickly pulls off toward the front of hotel before the hotel attendant takes over his car to be parked somewhere else. After collecting their luggages from the car, both of them walk toward the lobby to check in.

 

“Can you go first? I need to go to the restroom,” Minseo says to Taehyung and he nods, understands before she vanishes from the sight. Taehyung looks around, the hotel isn’t as busy as he thought. He has been here quite often so he knows how it looks like during days like this. This is such a hot spot for tourist and it’s quite weird for it to be this calm. Without wasting any time, he walks to the receptionist table even he was planning to wait for Minseo.

 

There is a woman, in her mid 20’s at the table, with dark blue uniform wrapped around her body, looking busy with the pamphlets and computer, without noticing Taehyung over the counter. Taehyung assumes that that is one of the receptionists here because why would she be there?

 

“Excuse me,” he says, trying to get the receptionist’s attention whom he assumed should be called Hyewon, according to her name tag. The woman looks up quickly and stands up as soon as she notices him.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry. Can I help you, sir?” she forces a smile after bowing politely. There is clearly a tension plastered all over her face since the smile is fake as hell. She must be really stressed out. Taehyung, takes out his phone and search for something.

 

“I didn’t make any reservation for a room. Is there any room available at this moment?” he says before looking back her eyes, making an eye contact with her. The moment their eyes meet, she looks taken aback at how deep his gazes are. She was star strucked, as if she just saw someone that beautiful, that takes a breath away. Well, it’s not new. A sudden flush plastered obviously on her cheeks when Taehyung raised his eyebrow, trying to study the change in her expression. Did he say something that made her suddenly flustered?

 

She quickly breaks the eye contact and looks down. The big chunk in is swallowed, nervously.

 

“So-sorry for that. Give me a moment, I think we have few more rooms,” after few seconds, she quickly browse the computer, nervously. She can feel Taehyung’s gaze on her, making it’s hard for her to actually focus on what she supposedly to do. A small smile appears across his lips and he nods.

 

“We have available room, sir. What type of room do you prefer?” she gives her attention back at him before glancing at the luggages from the carriage. They are not many of them, so she assumes he probably comes here alone or a friend. Taehyung looks at the restroom direction, there is no sign Minseo would be here. Instead of picking it by himself, he wants her to pick the room.

Hyewon looks at him from head to toe. He dressed in thick cream sweater with black jeans, along with leather shoes. How can someone looks this effortlessly beautiful without any fancy clothes and styling. He is tall, has broad shoulder and most importantly, he has nice figure. She is blushing again when suddenly, Taehyung looks back at the counter. His fresh minty cologne, touch her nose, making it’s harder to resist this guy. He is almost perfect, her inner self says. Both of them exchange eye contact again.

 

“Can I confirm it later? I’m waiting for someone,” he says while rubbing the back of his head, grinning apologetically. He should’ve booked the room days before but thanks to his memory, he couldn’t think of it until today. Hyewon smiles and nods.

 

“Sure, I can wait. And, are you here with your friends? How many of them, I can suggest a room size,” she tries to offer a hand, just to have a small conversation with him. He probably notices how she can’t take her eyes off from him. It’s obvious. Taehyung shakes his head.

 

“Only two of us. She is in restroom, she should be here in a few minutes,” he says and Hyewon’s face falls before she manages to smile again. What does that ‘she’ means, she thought.

 

“By any reason, are you here with your girlfriend?” out of sudden, she asks something that she’d never ask someone else. A jealousy and fallen hopes show in her voice and expression, knowing that this gorgeous man isn’t a single guy. Taehyung looks at her and looking amused at her question. He shakes his head and for some reason, she feels relieved that it wasn’t what she had in mind.

 

“She is my wife,” he says while flashing her, his bright and beautiful smile. With that, she looks flustered and blushed again but this time, her face is as red as ripen tomato. Her eyes never left him and probably never.

 

Minseo, who is looking at them from far, smiling at Hyewon’s reaction. She looks exactly like how Minseo would react, the first time she met Taehyung. She couldn’t blame her though. Taehyung really has that vibes and aura, making people went wild and crazy because of him. He did nothing but just like before, everything about him is perfect. Minseo isn’t really sure whether Taehyung knows about it or not. She hides a smile before walking toward them and standing beside him.

 

“Okay, she is here,” Taehyung looks at Minseo and looks back at Hyewon. Hyewon sends Minseo a little smile before looking down. She probably thought Minseo caught her checking up someone’s husband.

 

“Hi, is everything okay?” Minseo asks, studying both Taehyung’s and Hyewon’s expression. Taehyung looks at her, a bit confused.

“Why wouldn’t it be okay?” he chuckles like a little boy and Hyewon swears to god, she is in love for a moment. Minseo shrugs while giving her a sweet smile.

 

“Let’s pick a room,” he says.

 

**

 

After a few moment at the receptionist table, they went straight to their room, which is VIP suite. Just like the hotel in Seoul, it is such a huge room for two people. She won’t be complaining since Taehyung also insisted to get this room.

 

“Thank you,” she bows politely at the hotel worker, who helps them with the luggages before only both of them are in the room.

 

“You’re famous,” Minseo suddenly spea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter