17 - New season and you

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you guys have known each other?” Minseo look at two men in front her, still dumbfounded at how it could be possible. There are 9.776 million people in Korea but she is married to her bestfriend’s bestfriend without knowing at all. For some reason, she feels second hand embarrassment.

 

Namjoon and Taehyung look each other before sighing. This is awkward.

 

“I didn’t know Taehyung is the one whom you married to. I mean, none of us saw that coming,” Namjoon says casually. He clearly shocked before but now, he looks relaxed. Minseo isn’t really sure whether he is used to get shocked or the fact it’s Taehyung, his bestfriend got married to his bestfriend.

 

“I came here since you say you would introduce me to your wife,” Namjoon adds and Minseo immediately looks at Taehyung. Taehyung looks at her with a stoic face. None of them can brain this out no matter how you think about it. It usually happens in drama life but it’s actually happening in reality. The more she thinks about it, the more twisted it becomes.

 

“I did but I didn’t know it would be this awkward,” Taehyung rubs his neck while looking away from Minseo’s stare. He might be as confused as she is now.

 

“I knew it feels weird to have two of my bestfriend to get married suddenly on the same day but the goddamn works made me missed the important parts. Jesus,” Namjoon, the older guy leans on the sofa while letting a soft sigh. It’s mindblown and he needs time to absorb all the new information. Who on earth don’t feel something isn’t right when two of your bestfriends suddenly announced they are getting married, exactly on the same day?

 

But, since, the possibility of Minseo and Taehyung to actually know each other is low, Namjoon thought it might be coincidence even the more he thinks about it, the weirder it gets. Plus, the works drained his body and mind to even calculate the possibility.

 

Minseo smiles awkwardly. Taehyung remains stoic.

 

“How did you guys meet?”

 

Silence. Both of them lost idea to answer his question. She looks at Namjoon and immediately, he remembers the previous conversation he had with her. He finally notices how gloomy and awkward the atmosphere.

“I guess this is it. But, just how awkward it is to say this, I’m actually glad that you guys married each other. It worries so much when she got married but it relieves me that it was you,” suddenly, his voice changes from squeaking to serious. His gaze locked on Taehyung’s. Both of them look each other. It is intense and the atmosphere changes quickly.

 

Minseo blushes at his words. Isn’t it too soon to say that? And, why did Namjoon said that? Taehyung looks calm as ever even his eyes strikes like a lightning to Namjoon. There is some kind of unknown expression on Taehyung and Namjoon that it makes her curious, what exactly in their minds?

 

“Don’t hurt her,”

 

Minseo’s heart almost jumped out from her chest the moment the words come out from Namjoon’s mouth. He looks tensed up a bit without breaking the intense eye contacts with Taehyung, who sits across him. The space was filled with silence for a few seconds.

 

“I won’t,” Taehyung replies. His voice is much deeper than Namjoon but it gives the same effect like Namjoon’s.

 

“Hey, is everything okay?” her small voice squeaks when she feels the atmosphere becomes hotter than before. What is wrong with these men? She can’t understand the eye contacts but she knew, there is something going on here. Both Taehyung and Namjoon breaks the eye contacts and look at her, who is all confused.

 

“I guess,” Taehyung answers, his face loosen up a bit as he stretches up to ease the tension they had before. Namjoon did the same.

 

“Whatever it is, communicate with each other if something is wrong. It helps a lot,” as someone who is older than both of them, Namjoon shows his inner brother nature to Minseo and Taehyung. He sounds caring and understanding towards this shocking truth. The fact that he didn’t freak out or mad at her or Taehyung shows his maturity. Well, she knows Namjoon is the most calm person she ever know. This trait of his, makes her trust him even more.

 

“Don’t worry, hyung. I’ll take care of her. She is my responsibility now,” Taehyung comes closer to her side and their body pressed to each other, closer. It takes her breath away when his scent blooms and warm body pressed close to her body. The close up of her being in his embrace, makes her realizes how she is only his chest tall. Damn it. Minseo controls her expression. Taehyung crossed his arms, looking at Namjoon, stoically.

 

Namjoon looks at them two and a small-bitter smile appears on his face. He adjusts his throat.

 

“That’s good. You better keep that promise, she is my princess,” Namjoon says without gagging at his own words. Minseo’s lips lift a bit. Princess? Oh my god, she didn’t know he could be this corny. Taehyung nods. He is weirdly calm and quiet, which is scary. What happen to these guys?

 

Before anyone could react, Namjoon stands up and packs up his stuffs, probably leaving.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t go to your wedding day. It was too rushing. Expect your wedding gifts in few days, that’s my apology, the least I could do,” Namjoon rubs his rough thumb on her cheeks while smiling brightly without giving any damn at Taehyung who stares at them.

 

Minseo pouts when Namjoon is leaving again. When will she get to spend her time with this guy again? He becomes busier each days and to think that she got to see him today, is such a blessing. Namjoon then looks at Taehyung.

 

“I’m sorry too. Don’t give me that face,” he chuckles before giving him a brother pat on his shoulder. They both exchange another intense eye contacts before Namjoon excuse himself to leave. Part of her, she wants to go and spend time with her bestfriend all day. God knows how she missed him. But, some parts of her, know that things are different now. It feels odd. There were awkward atmosphere between three of them, especially between Taehyung and Namjoon.

 

When Namjoon’s car vanish in sight. Minseo is spacing out at the door. Taehyung leans against the wall and looks at her while crossing his arms.

 

“What a small world,” he says with his gaze strikes on her confused face. The corner of his lips lift when she flinches from her own thoughts and meet his eyes. Her confused face is the cutest, he thought.

 

“Yeah,” she whispers while looking down. She could look anywhere but not his eyes. They went silent for a few seconds.

 

“I can see how close you and hyung are. I feel like a disturbance,” he chuckles while rubbing his hair, messing it up. Minseo looks up and frowns. What does that mean?

 

“What do you mean?” she asks. She didn’t really understand the last word. Disturbance? Taehyung shrugs. He looks at her without saying anything, for a while.

 

“His eyes. Eyes never lie,” he says before leaving the front door and go to kitchen, leaving Minseo alone with her confused thoughts. She tries to remember how Namjoon looked at her. It’s the same as usual but this time, it has some unknown spark on his eyes. It sparks like usual but it’s somehow sad. More like sorrow or perhaps, confused. What does Taehyung know about it?

 

**

 

“Aigooo, my favourite daughter is here,” Mrs.Gaeun brings Minseo to her embrace as soon as both of them arrive in their parents’ house in Gangnam. Minseo chuckles at her mother in law before hugging her back.

 

“Mom, Eunji would cry like a baby if she hears this,” Taehyung chuckles at his mom before jokingly look inside whether there is Eunji around.

 

“Aigooo, you care for your sister that much?” Mrs Gaeun jokes. Taehyung shakes his head.

 

“Not really. I’m scared of earthquake,” he says casually and Minseo bursts into laughter without she realized. Taehyung chuckles when she laughs. Mrs Gaeun pinches his arms before giving him a fake glare.

 

“But, I’m actually scared too,” she whispers and three of them giggle like a school kid.

 

“Jeonggyu and Eunji aren’t here. They are on their university trip,” she adds. Minseo nods. It’s no fun without Eunji

 

“Enough, enough. All of you are my favourite sweetheart. Come inside, it’s cold,” she takes Minseo’s hand and brings her inside. This is her second time being here and every time she comes, she feels like this is whole new world. The house is big and beautiful. Floral and marble must be Mrs. Gaeun’s favourite as 80% of the interior design is full of marble and floral. It’s really spacious and the couple are greeted by the maids. Minseo smiles at all of them.

 

It’s been almost a month since both of them exchange the vows. Time passed in a blink of eyes and now, they are living their second month as husband and wife. It does feel odd at first. She still can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter