15 - Cloudy day but there is you

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you still mad at me?” Taehyung speaks when he notices how sour her face is. They are having breakfast, not some kind of serious discussion. That morning, they had breakfast for the first time as husband and wife. It feels like usual but the vibes are different. They probably didn’t realize that the title is now different.

 

Minseo glares at him before continue munches on her toast. Taehyung nodded and surrenders.

 

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry about yesterday. I shouldn’t have teased you that way. Did I scare you?” he pouts like a puppy as if he knows that’s her number 1 weaknesses. His messy hair and baggy clothes make him look good and she can’t deny it.

 

“I’m not scared, okay? It’s just…..” she stops when she can’t find the right words to express herself. What would she say? You make my heart flutters with everything that you do. Her inner self tells her to say that but she refuses.

 

“Are you nervous?” he asks, out of curiousity. Minseo shakes her head, quickly denies it.

 

“I’m not used to this. I mean, to us….right now,” she looks back at her food even his gaze is still on her. Why does Taehyung look like he remains untouched even after marrying her? Why does he look calm even after exchanging vows?

 

“I know,” he replies. Silence fills the gap.

 

“Thank you,” he puts down his food and stares at her, even deeper than before. Minseo lifts her eyebrows at him, trying to understand what he just said.

 

“Thank you for trusting me,” he gives her a smile, showing off his infamous eye smile and boxy grins. Her heart flutters at his words and his smile. The slight nervousness in herself fades just like that. She can’t understand how part of him soothes most of her?

 

“If you ask me, I would say it’s hard for me to adjust to this new life but I’m not complaining. This is what I want and I don’t regret it,” whenever he is serious, his voice changes, his eyes changes and his face changes. Taehyung has 2 different sides and both of them still give the same effect on her. She find it’s hot when he gets serious.

 

“I don’t regret it too,” she knows it’s too early to say this but she knows, getting married to him isn’t something she would be regret for. He makes her feel at ease the most and she cant find it in anyone. Even there are no any romance in this marriage.

 

He smiles at her.

 

“We can be just like usual. It’s not like we have feelings to each other to be like husband and wife,” he says without noticing it snaps her. Their eyes meet again for millionth times but she feels the distance between them two. No matter how close they are and how comfortable they had become to each other, she knows it won’t break the invisible walls between them.

 

This marriage is nothing more than just her being desperate for money and Taehyung’s unknown reason to be in a marriage. It has nothing deeper than that. For some reason, it left a small wound in her heart thinking about it.

 

Minseo smiles and nods.

 

“You’re right, there is nothing deep happened between us, right?” she smiles but her eyes didn’t light up as usual. She stares into his eyes, waiting for the answers. Part of her breaks when he nods confidently.

 

One thing that had her curious all day is how long will this marriage last? How long will they stay married? She is dying to ask him but she didn’t find the courage to do so. Perhaps, she is scared for the answer. It might be disspointing.

 

“You can call this off if you don’t feel like it anymore. I don’t want to force you to stay here when you don’t want to. Please, let me know if you want to find different way,”

 

The conversation suddenly becomes heavy and awkward between them. She hates this vibe. She says nothing.

 

I want to stay with you, forever. She speaks but it can’t be heard because it’s only her inner self.

 

“Okay,” she nods and continues munching on her food. Taehyung grins and continue to do the same thing. The conversation ends just like that.

 

**

 

“You don’t have to drive me here, I can go alone, you know,” Minseo says while looking around the parking lot at the hotel to see whether there is anyone she knows. She looks anxious and nervous.

 

Taehyung turns off the engine and starts to adjusting his looks. He wears only a t-shirt and a khaki pants.

 

“Why? Are you afraid they would see you with me?” he assumes while lifting his eyebrows. Minseo pouts and shakes her head.

 

Rather than her image, she more worried about his image instead. He is the son of the director of this hotel and to think he would be around with ordinary girl like her is one weird combination. The insecurity consumes her and she can’t help it.

 

“They are really dangerous like they are obsessed with you and if they know about us, the whole hotel would be freaking out,” her expressions change every time she speaks without noticing that Taehyung has been staring at her.

 

“You are so cute,” he says with a small chuckle. Minseo blushes as she caught he was staring at her the whole time. His eyes glued on her, making she clears and looks outside the window.

 

“I know, thanks,” she looks away when she can’t handle how y his gaze is. It’s terrifyingly y.

 

“But why do you care about them? That’s your life and you can be with anyone you want. Including me,”

 

This guy really doesn’t understand, does he? Minseo sighs.

 

“Can I explain that later? Because you’re making me late,” Minseo answers sarcastically while grabing her stuff from the back seat. Taehyung laughs again.

 

“You’re fierce and soft at the same time. I don’t understand it but I like it,” the corner of his lips lift. Minseo’s eyes widen. She isn’t really sure whether he was joking or being serious about it. If he really means it, she definitely finds it’s hard to breathe after this. The only thing that gets her every time he speaks is his casuality. He is very casual and relax when he speaks, making it’s hard to know whether it’s a joke or not. Yeah, it’s hard to know what exactly in his mind.

 

“What are you doing?” she asks while looking at him beside her. He suddenly picks up the back pack from the back seat and getting ready to get out. Taehyung glances at her and mouth ‘Huh?’ silently.

 

“What? I have something to do at the office. Do you wanna go inside and greet everyone, together? I’m fine with it,” he smiles boyishly and Minseo scrunches her nose. Since when Taehyung becomes a jokester? But honestly, she likes this side of him.

 

“Bye, I’m late,” she quickly steps out from the car while being really cautious for not letting anyone sees her with Taehyung, son of the director in this hotel. Thanks god the parking lot is empty since it’s still early in the morning. Taehyung giggles at her quirkiness.

 

“I’ll pick you up later,” he says before leaving to the office and not even waiting for her reaction. She looks at his back and bites her lower lip. This feels weird and good at the same time. It’s weird how deep inside, she feels she has someone to lean on after being independent for so long. Even she knows, she can’t have more that this.

 

Minseo inhales deeply before taking her step to get to work that she almost forgot about.

 

**

 

“Do you even bother to come after being absent for god knows how long?” after few minutes getting to her work, Jennie, Irene and Yeonwoo, the newbie suddenly come to her and unnecessarily attack her for coming back to work. Minseo looks confused when they all look mad as if she owes them something. She can’t remember anything closer to that.

 

She looks at Jennie, who doesn’t look thankful or at least less y, when she was the one who made her experience one of the scariest moments in her life. Well, it’s not entirely her fault but she didn’t have the audacity to at least mind her business and what’s up with the sudden attack? Are they some kind of gangsters? Minseo scoffs.

 

“You made us went unnecessary shift hours because of your sudden so called sick leave and then now, you come here without saying anything? Wow, I know you’re such a but I didn’t know you are this bad,” Irene snaps when she no longer can hold her anger. Her eyes are throbbing at Minseo with hatred and despise toward that girl. Minseo stay silent.

At some point, she wonders, why do they hate her so much? Why did she do, making them have this allergy when it comes to her? She can’t think because she won’t find the answer.

 

They are childish. Imagine picking fights for something like this.

 

“Mind your business,” she answers coldly, not even looking at them. She could burst anytime she wants but she chooses not to because she knows how things will get worsen. They are immature and full of drama, she isn’t that curious to know what drama will they pull off if she chooses to put the oil on the fire.

 

They scoff and look at her, disbelief.

 

“Keep being like this, Minseo and you know what will you get later. I hate you. It must be painful to be you,” Irene says through her gritted teeth and she bumps her fist on the receptionist table, making Minseo gasps, in shock.

 

“Look, I don’t know what’s your problem with me and I will never get to understand why. But listen, if you guys hate me that much, find the better reason. You guys are immature,” just how much she didn’t want to snap like this but she can’t hold any longer. They keep pushing her limits because of something she can’t control.

 

“What’s wrong with the atmosphere here?” the manager comes to them when he can feel the tension between three of them. Irene and Jennie smirk right after they saw their favorite old geezer.

 

“Manager, look who is here,” Jennie smirks even more when she knows what’s coming to Minseo. She knows Minseo won’t win no matter what happens.

 

Just like that, she gets scolded like usual even she already informed everyone about her absences. But, well, she can’t win no matter what happens w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter