01 - Prologue

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseo wipes off the salty sweats that has been streaming down her neck with a small napkin that she always keeps inside her pocket. It’s ridiculously hot that day in which she isn’t happy at all. She grabs a water bottle in passenger seat before gulps it down, finish what’s left inside. She looks out from her window car and grunts at how hot the weather today.

 

She takes a quick glance at the clock. , she curses under her breath. It’s 15 minutes away before her shift starts and yet, she is here under hot weather and heavy traffic. She can’t do much so she leans against her dusty old seat before sighing. Her frown becomes smoother and she manages to put a little smile.

 

“Everyday is like this, why are you so surprised, little brat?”, she laughs at herself while shaking her head.

 

Han Minseo is a 24 year old girl that has 2 jobs at the same time. Does it sound weird? Well, it doesn’t, considered how poor she is, growing up in Seoul, alone. On day light, she would start her shift as a freelance house keeper. She would go around and accept any help from anyone to clean their house while they are away or simply, to lazy to do it. Most of her clients are rich and busy bunch of people. She has no complaints since she got paid based on how big and heavy the chores are. The cons is it’s tiring. Super tiring. Imagine going around inside one of those random big and luxurious house in Seoul, just to clean the dust from their god-knows-how-expensive cabinets.

 

Well, a girl has to do anything to survive,right?

 

Once her morning shifts ended, she would rest for a few hours or sometimes, minutes before going to start her night shifts as a receptionist in a famous hotel in Seoul. She is a receptionist even before she has side job as a house keeper. It’s been 2 years since she keeps up with tons of s from that hotel. It isn’t the best job thought but since she has degree in management and hospitality, she HAS to bear with it because where would she go if she lets this job go? Perhaps, under any random bridge.

 

To simply put, she is tired already but she has to do this to survive, considered how hard it is to stay alive in such a big city. She has no one to depend on so rather than letting her life goes downhill even sometimes she wants it to, she works her off everyday, barely had any day off. She wants to work hard enough so she can eat and buy whatever she wants to even it sounds impossible. Yeah, it’s impossible though to live without worrying about money, unless you’re a billionaire.

 

She lost her parents when she was 13 years old and her only sister? Nah, she is alive but she is such a . She went to England with her boyfriend, leaving Minseo alone while she was very young to even find money for herself. Life is so cruel to the point, she blamed herself for existing. But, as much as she wants to end this, she would tell herself that everything will be fine. Not now but soon, she will live happily with her prince and eat good food.

 

She cringes at the thoughts. Stupid but she has a dream.

 

Enough with the introduction, she casually pulls off to the staff’s parking lot at the back of hotel before grabbing and packing her stuffs into a small cotton bag and steps out from her small, old, dusty and crusty car that has been with her for 5 years. It’s her sister’s or to be exact, her former si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter