13 - Just like a home

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes speak louder than her words, making Namjoon says nothing but look at her, a bit clueless.

It’s too random but he kinda have predicted that it’s the first thing she would want to talk about.

 

“I don’t know. Uhm, is there any reason why you want to talk to him? Because, it’s been a long time,” he says, along with the apologetic expression plasters all over his face. He can read her eyes. It has some kind of sad hope in it. Tzuyu’s face changes a bit as she knows what exactly Namjoon means by that. Yeah, it’s been a long time. Physically, it’s not that long but emotionally, it feels like a hundred years has passed between them. She taps on her glass of champagne before she takes a sip.

 

“Nothing much. You know we didn’t end beautifully. How is he? Is he doing good?” there is sort of desperations and curiosity in her voice even she tries so hard to cover it by looking poker. Deep inside, she didn’t have the courage to smile or not to be hurted by the calls of his name. His name is beautiful and still have that effect on her. The same as 2 years ago.

 

Namjoon nods, answering her question without speaking any single letters.

 

“He is doing fine, very fine actually. He is living alone now, I guess he is going to focus more on his dream after graduating. It’s actually good to see him that way,” for some reason, Namjoon’s words sound bitter to Tzuyu even she knows he isn’t even that close to be that type of person. Namjoon is that friend who is trustworthy, well aware of what he says and very considerate towards people around him.

 

She flashes a bitter smile, that obviously painted all over her face.

 

“Glad to hear that. Is he still doing musics? I mean, you know,” she asks more, it feels like there are thousand questions, unanswered questions from her to him.

 

“Yes, he is. I was planning to introduce him to my composer friend from US,” he smiles, showing off the small dimples under his cheeks. He looks like a proud brother, which still amazes Tzuyu.

 

“I see, that’s great. I wish you guys work together. You would make a great team as a composer,” her lips lifted a bit at his smiles, knowing that these two people she had known 3 years ago, still have the same passion. Namjoon nods with a small smile.

 

Silence. Both of them stopped talking for a while. Tzuyu looks around, as if she is avoiding his gaze on her while sipping the remaining wine. If her mind is seen through, Namjoon definitely knows that her mind isn’t here. She thinks of someone. Who had never left her mind ever since years ago.

 

“Have you moved on, Tzuyu? Have you erased him from your thoughts?” out of sudden, Namjoon asks her question that makes her surprised. It was bold and straight, making her speechless to utter any words. She looks hesitant at first.

 

“I have, once. But, it didn’t work well so I choose to let the feelings fade gradually, in time. I know it will fade soon,”

 

“But, honestly, the reason why I asked you these ridiculous questions because I’m just curious what he had been doing these past few months. But I’m not going to start anything over with him because I know…” she stops and heaves a soft shaky breath. Her eyes locked on his.

 

“It’s over now. There is no story about us anymore. I’ve accepted it anyway. It just my curiousity kills me sometimes,” as she speaks, her voice becomes small and small until it almost fades.

 

Namjoon sighs. There is sympathy by looking at how her eyes are full with hopes. But what can he do? He can’t interfere with their personal life. As a friend, all he can do is listening.

 

“Why don’t you try talk to him, instead of torturing yourself like this, Tzuyu? Do you still have his phone number?” he tries to help but Tzuyu shakes her head, quickly rejecting the idea.

 

“No, no it’s fine. Yeah, I still have his number but I don’t think our conversation would go well. It’s fine, really. Just how much I want us to talk but it’s better for us to keep being apart. I can move on easier,” she grins, looking so fine and beautiful. Her silky hair, pointed nose, flawless skin shine. God definitely took time, making her.

 

Before he could continues, her phone rings loudly, making the conversation stops right away as she excuse herself to take the phone calls. Few minutes later, she comes back.

 

“Oppa, I have to rush back. Got things to do. Glad to see you here. Can I meet you again?” she quickly picks up her small pouch from her seat before standing up, to leave. Namjoon acknowledges that, he nods understand.

 

“Of course!! Give me a call when you come home. It’s really late now. Drive carefully,” he glances over his watch, it’s almost 1 am in the morning. Tzuyu gives side eye look.

 

“I’m not a baby okay?”

 

“You still look like a baby to me,” he sticks his tongue out, earning soft punch from Tzuyu. Both of them, laugh, perhaps it is too cringey.

 

“Alright whatever. See you later,” she hugs him before leaving the club. Namjoon sends her off by his gaze before she fades from sight. The corner of his lips lifted. Who would know he met someone he just talked about few days ago. He sips the soda and enjoy the night for a little moment.

 

**

 

Minseo looks at herself in the mirror. She is all dressed in white lacy pajama which is very girly to be in a man’s house. She spins around and magically, the pajama fits her perfectly.

 

“Here, wear this,” Taehyung gives her some clothes to wear for time being, one of those is the pajama. Minseo takes that and look curious.

 

“Why do you have girl’s clothes in your house?” she asks straight away without thinking any possibilities. She might sound like a jealous girlfriend. Well, she perhaps is. The difference is she isn’t his girlfriend. Taehyung looks at her, puzzled at her question.

 

“It’s Eunji’s clothes. She left it purposely in case she wants to have free vacation here,” he says sarcastically. Eunji and him always have that bittersweet relationship that nobody understands why.

 

“Oh,” Minseo opens but says nothing more than that. She can feel the secondhand embarrassment hits her face and Taehyung might think she is the dumbest girl in the world. She is but not with that question. Minseo totally forgot that Taehyung has sister.

 

“But, she doesn’t want that clothes anymore even she only wore that once. She says she is fat,”

 

“Hey, you don’t say that. It’s cruel,” Minseo frowns like a small child while pouting. It looks like he is being that annoying little boy who always tease a grumpy little girl. Taehyung raises his brow.

 

“What? It’s what she said, not me,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter