16 - Are you feeling the same?

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon’s eyes widen at Minseo with disbelief plasters all over his face. He didn’t even blink for few seconds until he finally gets his sense back and swallow the chunk in his throat.

 

“Are you serious? Man, this ain’t a joke, I’m not in the mood,” he sweep his hair to the back to get a clearer vision of Minseo, who looks at him with apologetic face. She knew this is coming and she has no idea how to exactly explains to him to make it less pathetic. She nods silently.

 

“I’m really going to marry someone. I’m not joking,” she says with a tiny voice, being really careful with her words now. Namjoon shakes his head, still unconvinced with her, making he comes closer to Minseo. They are in Namjoon’s house since Minseo gathered her courage to personally meet him at home, instead of him coming to her. He just woken up and now she feels bad for waking him up with this sudden news.

 

“The thing is marrying someone isn’t the problem but this is too sudden. Why do you suddenly come up to me and say you’re going to marry someone? It doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t, okay?” for some reason, his morning and messy hair represent how his face looks like right now and Minseo accidently chuckles, making Namjoon sends her the sharpest gaze ever. She immediately shuts up.

 

“I have to. I don’t know how to explain to you but I need to do this. I have no choice but to marry him. I’m sorry,” she says, looking at her fingers.

 

“I don’t need your sorry but explanations. I don’t think you’re someone who would do this out of sudden without any solid reason why. And, do I know that person?” he looks pissed and shady right now, which Minseo can’t blame him for. He is being realistic to his surroundings and it somehow makes Minseo feel loved. He is actually very cared for her.

 

Minseo exhales breath and start to tell him everything from A to Z. There are various versions of horror plaster on his face when he finally knows the incident. Now, he looks at Minseo, all confused.

 

Namjoon sighs and the silence fills the gap between them.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry,” he speaks without looking at her. His jaw clenches and she knows he is pissed. Namjoon never gets pissed often but when he does, it’s intimidating.

 

“Don’t be. I’m not lucky and that’s it. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you earlier, I didn’t want to ruin whatever you’re doing in that moment,” Minseo stares at his apologetic face and convinces him that this is nobody’s fault. She is unlucky, yeah every time. He shakes his head and tilts his body, to face her.

“Hey, my work doesn’t matter at all compared to you. You’re important to me and if I was there, I don’t think those guys are alive by now. I’m sorry I wasn’t the one who came up in your mind when you were in need, I’m so sorry,”

 

Part of her breaks when she clearly sees his eyes are full of sadness and guilty. His deep voice sounds weak, unlike usual. Namjoon is man with dignity, sense of responsibility, independent and full of love in himself and seeing how he cherishes her like this, is sad.

 

It’s been a long time since they met the last time and she didn’t know she missed him like this.

 

“No, no, please don’t be sorry. Things happened and I was meant to meet him, not because you weren’t in my mind. Namjoon, you’re my best friend. You’re the person I look up to when I’m messed up. It’s just…..things happened. I don’t have control over that,” she says while cupping his face in her palm. They exchange eye contacts. For some reason, she didn’t think Namjoon is her best friend anymore. He is more like brother, a brother who is good at taking care of his sister.

He looks at her without saying anything. He is weak when it comes to Minseo, considered how she came from broken background. He feels the need of giving extra attention to her but he couldn’t do that. That thoughts put him in misery.

 

“Is he a good guy? Does he treat you good?” he finally speaks up and Minseo smiles a little. That’s exactly what Wendy asked her before. Exactly the same and she feels great to answer that.

 

“He is. He is a very good guy. He treats me well, he didn’t judge me for my pathetic life and most importantly, he made me trust him,” she smiles while thinking of Taehyung in her mind.

 

“You’re not pathetic,” he denies quickly.

 

“But my life is. I have to choose this because of my pathetic life. I can’t run away from it,” her heart breaks thinking of how unfair this life treats her but whatever it is, she manages to put on smile.

 

“If you don’t want to do this, I can help you. You don’t need to marry him,” his words snap Minseo for a while. She tries to find any message in his sharp gaze but can’t find any. She shakes her head, insisting the choice she has made.

 

“That’s fine, we have discussed about this and I don’t want to ruin it. The least I could do is to keep my promise to him after all the things he did,”

 

“Do you love him, Minseo?” his voice almost breaks into unknown reasons and Minseo wonders why is Namjoon looks miserable and sad. She never seen this part of him but it breaks her to see him this way.

 

She says nothing but only to stare at him, telling Namjoon indirectly about her feelings. Does he understand?

 

“We have nothing closer to intimate feelings but his family welcomes very well, more than my family did. It’s sad but I’m very grateful for that. About our feelings, I don’t think it’s important at this moment,” back to this reality where she needs to admit that both Taehyung and her didn’t share any ual feelings so there is no reason for her to say that she is actually in love with him. It wont make any difference to the story.

 

He nods, as he understands.

 

“I’m sure what I’m doing, don’t worry,” she pats his back, convincing him that everything will be okay. Namjoon sighs.

 

“This is too sudden for me. The thoughts of you being married to someone, feels weird,” he rubs the back of his head while looking at Minseo, who is already looking at him.

 

“I know but I won’t change. I’m still that Minseo that you know,” she chuckles, trying to ease the tension atmosphere. Namjoon smiles a little.

 

“Is he handsome?” his eyes pop like a puppy.

 

“No, you are the superior when it comes to looks,” she teases and it makes him chuckles more than usual. Minseo knows Namjoon likes to be complimented. He chuckles, showing his cute dimple on his cheeks.

 

The room fills with silences again.

 

“I want you to come to my wedding as my family,” she says, more to requesting.

 

“I’m definitely going to,” his lips lifted a bit while his eyes send the most convincing stare ever.

“Introduce me to him,”

 

Minseo gets back to her sense she heard the notification pops up in her phone. Just like that, the conversation she had with Namjoon vanishes.

 

Namjoon decided to meet Taehyung on their wedding day but for some reason, he couldn’t come because of the emergency schedule that he don’t have any power of. God knows how upset she was but out of everything, she knows this is part of Namjoon’s life. She knows he was upset too for not being able to come on her important day. Especially, when she was excited to introduce Taehyung to him. For some reason, she finds both of them have similarity and definitely going to get along very well.

 

But, things didn’t go what as it was planned.

 

She sighs and shakes her head before continue cleaning the remaining untouched stuff in her room. She carefully walks around so her thigh would hurt less. It’s been 3 days since the day where she spilled the hot tea on her thigh. It’s still hurt but better. Thanks to Taehyung for suddenly comes to pharmacy just to buy the best ointment to ease the pain. She smiles whenever the caring Taehyung comes in her mind.

 

Now, Taehyung is out for something she didn’t know about. He said something like composer or something else but she knows he is up for something regarding his music and stuffs.

 

After finished cleaning her room, she casually comes inside Taehyung’s, who supposed to be their room. He didn’t touch any of the decorations that her mom put, it looks just like the first day.

 

Minseo stares at the bed. Taehyung once said he is okay with sharing room with her since his mom work hard to make the room look pretty just for them but Minseo rejects it immediately. Sharing bed and room with him is a dangerous idea, which probably gives her heart attack. To Taehyung, maybe it’s nothing but to her, it’s somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter