25 : unknown feelings

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole ride to the home is filled with nothing but silence from both of them. It’s not an uncomfortable silence that would make her anxious but it’s a silence that both Taehyung and Minseo need ever since what happened before. Both of them know they need it. Minseo looks outside the window, trying to recall every inches of what happened to both of them.

 

It’s weird. She remembers exactly how terrified and flustered Tzuyu’s face was. How she stopped walking and how her words just completely stopped coming out from the moment she laid her eyes on no one but Taehyung. The way she called his name like she has been calling him for years. Like the name was that familiar in . Minseo is confused. Part of her is confused and part of her is terrified.

 

The confusion hits her deeper when she brings her eyes to Taehyung, just to see him to be looking at her, the same way she is looking at him. Shocked. She has never seen Taehyung looks that intense and stiff. Taehyung never look intimidated by anyone. Not really. Probably she did. It was when he talked to his dad when they had dinner before. That was the last time and Minseo didn’t know she could see that again. And Tzuyu became the reason behind it.

 

What is this? Does she need an explaination? Yes, you need that, genius- her alter ego says to her.

 

A small sigh left before she glances at Taehyung beside her. He definitely doesn’t look like he was before and she knows that thing bothers him. Why is it bothering him? Why? Minseo can feel her inner self is going crazy. His sharp eyes are fixed on the road with his left arm is handling the wheel while the other rested on the opened window. There is a clear tension on his face.

 

“Can I ask you something?” her small voice breaks the silence gap between them two. The silence is killing her slowly without she notices. She tilts her head, looking at him, with a little hope that her voice didn’t annoy him, at least. Taehyung sighs.

 

“Yeah, go on,” he speaks and it makes Minseo relieves when he didn’t sound annoyed. She plays with her fingers. She has no idea how to put this into words. How does she say this?

 

“About Tzuyu…and you. What exactly happened?”

 

Minseo feels like somebody just took her spirit away and now she left with nothing but fear. She didn’t know why she feels like this is too scary to even think. It feels like something just happened and she needs to be ready no matter how hard it is. The cold breeze from the outside just makes it worse.

 

There is no response from him. There is nothing comes from him as if he just didn’t want to talk about it. The grip on the car handle is tighten and he brushes his hair, looking distressed. For some reason, Minseo could feel the sudden distance from him. There is no wall between them but definitely, she feels a sudden invisible wall that has been there for quite some time.

 

When she finally realizes that this might be that context he might not want to tell her, she chooses to understand. She needs to understand, no matter how ridiculous it is. Minseo on her lower lip and nods before leaving a soft sigh from her lips. It’s more to a disappointed sigh.

 

“I guess you don’t want to tell about that part? That’s fine,” she manages to show a very small smile and tries to get herself together, at least until they reach home. Half of her have gone crazy- not crazy but a little bit underwhelmed.

 

“She is my ex-girlfriend,” Taehyung finally speaks. There is no emotion in his voice, just a plain one.

 

“Huh?” Minseo trails her gaze to him. She definitely heard him, crystal clear but don’t know why she wants him to say it again.

 

“Tzuyu. She’s my girlfriend. Ex girlfriend,” the next second, he tilts his head and trails his gaze on hers, just like she did. He looks lost and devastated. Somehow, there is huge chunk in , making her mind went blank and mouth glued. She knew it. From the way they stared at each other, she knew it. There was love.

 

**

 

Minseo excused herself to go get a bath when Taehyung offered himself to unpack the groceries.

The next second, she finds herself being in a bath tub with this unknown feeling in herself. This new information is hard for her to process. How come God let her interwined between these two people who shared the same history? Not that she is complaining but it left her speechless. Minseo brings her knees closer to her chest and hug it, tight.

 

Her eyes left his few seconds she finally understood what he just said. She nods, slowly before getting her eyes fixed on the road again. She wasn’t sure how to react to it or what else questions she wants to ask him. There are so many but it never leaves .

 

“We were together for 3 years. She was my first love,” he adds. Minseo nods. God knows how those last words snap some part of her. First love. It sounds lovely and sweet.

“But, you know,” he stops and the car is slowing down before she can feel his gaze on her. His usual sharp gaze when he is serious. Her weakness. She didn’t look back to his eyes. She lost that courage.

 

“We are two people, who didn’t work out,” his voice sounds like it’s full of sorrow.

“We’ve tried but failed,”

“Things aren’t meant to be between us and we finally agreed to it. That’s why we broke up,”

 

“Why are you telling me this?” she speaks. Dumb question. The sound of his voice kills her. If bringing this back could open the old wound, she wouldn’t even bring herself to ask him. She would bury this unknown feeling deep inside and never take it out. She wants to get rid of this gloomy settings.

 

“I need to. I don’t want you to feel like me and her still have a thing,” unlike before, he looks like he is already loosen up from the tense. Taehyung didn’t look stiff like before. Minseo nods again.

 

“Thank you,”

 

Minseo immediately gets back to her sense from the earlier conversation they had. She squeezes some liquid from the shampoo bottle and put it on her hair. It forms bubble few seconds after, filling the bathroom with the rosy scent.

 

First love. That word comes across her mind and she can’t stop thinking about that. She stops rubbing her hair and heaves a sigh. What is this feeling? What exactly is this feeling? Is this a jealousy? Definitely no.

 

Everyone has past love, including Taehyung and she knows she is matured enough to acknowledge that. This is definitely not jealousy, she believes it. It’s somehow a sense of fear and uneasiness. Minseo has no idea what kind of fear is that but she feels fear is climbing through her skin.

 

“Minseo, are you there?” suddenly, Taehyung’s voice interrupts her mind and she gets a sudden heart attack.

 

“Y-yeah. Why?” she yelled from the bathroom since the water sounds quite noisy.

 

“Nothing. Just to make sure you’re okay,” he sounds vividly from outside but she definitely can hear that. Without she realizes, a small smile appears on her lips.

“I almost done,” she says and continue rubbing her hair before washing another parts of her body. She shakes her head, erasing the thoughts from her mind. There is nothing to be afraid of. Everything is fine. She doesn’t want to ruin this moment because of something very uncertain. Cherish everything while it lasts.

 

Minseo quickly gets up from the tub and dry herself before going out, leaving the scary thoughts behind.

 

**

The next morning, she wakes up with the absence of Taehyung,

 

Hi, good morning. I made you some bread.

I need to leave to Busan.

I’ll be back tonight.

Have a nice day

-Taehyung

 

Minseo sighs at the small paper in her hand. So she needs to spend the whole day without him, doesn’t she? She pouts before getting up from the bed and wash herself. The next minutes, she finds herself eating alone while browsing her phone. She must go to the management to get her document.

 

She is leaving the hotel.

 

She already gave an early notice to the management about her leaving after 2 years working there without letting anyone from the hotel knows about this. Maybe few of them but she plans to leave quietly. It’s not her presence and absence matter. It’s sad when she actually loves her job but the environment isn’t really for her. It’s suffocating and she finds no joy in it. Maybe it’s time to stop and finds the fresher path.

 

She isn’t really sure what kind of job she is going for after this. Maybe, office girl?

 

Later, Minseo drives herself to the hotel. It’s raining pretty badly that day considered how it’s still early. When she arrived, she makes her way to the office.

 

Of course, she sees Jennie and her new friend, Yeonwoo. It feels weird to see her without Irene since they look like twins. Evil twins. But, she knows the sight of Jennie and Irene won’t be happening again since Irene left the hotel, sooner than she does. Jennie smirks at her and Minseo smiles, making Jennie flusters.

 

Now, Minseo knows why she hates that girl. She has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter