06- Little thing about you

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseo looks at herself, through the mirror. She didn’t expect that she would wake up this early to go to work even she had already got death threats from Wendy and Namjoon. She shrugs. She packs all the cleaning tools and stuff and put it into a huge bag that she has been using ever since she starts the house keeping job. Suddenly, the conversation yesterday was pictured all over her mind.

 

“Oh yes, you were the caller 2 days ago,” she said politely even her head is killing her. All she wanted to do was sleep but here we go. She tried so hard to not sounded tired or angry.

“By any chance, can you come to my house tomorrow since the house has fully renovated?”, the same soft voice from 2 days ago, spoke out, returning her the same exact politeness. Minseo was impressed. Unlike before, all of her customer are some of snobbish and y bunch of people that she couldn’t stand. But, if the pay worths it, she wouldn’t mind dealing with these arrogant es. She raised her eyebrows before sitting up. Tomorrow? Bad timing, really.

There was a deep silence as Minseo was still confused with her decisions. Her ankle is still injured and her body is all aching up. She barely moves a bit without winching in pain. She bites her lower lip before nodding silently. Just a few hours of taking care a house, wouldn’t hurt, right?

“Great! Send me the location and I’ll be there tomorrow,”

 

She face-palming herself as soon as she realizes what she is doing now. She would be dead if Namjoon knows that she is going to work, a day after she have hurted herself. Damn it, Minseo! Why can’t you say no? Just once in your lifetime, why can’t you? Her inner self shouts at her, probably the representative of Namjoon. Well, if she hides it well, Namjoon won’t know, will he? She lets out a soft sigh before adjusting her hair that she already groomed into a cute braid. It is a rare of her but she just wants to try it out for a while.


Without wasting any time, she immediately leaves the house as she promised to be there at 9am.

 

**

 

The houses in the neighbourhood are all gigantic and luxurious that she can’t believe her eyes that these houses actually exist. There are super large, mysterious and classy to the point it scares her. Minseo glances at the people nearby. They all look good and different from a commoner like her. These people basically live a different life. This is not her first time seeing this but why does it make her feel nervous? For some reason, the insecurities hit herself. She feels small out of sudden. Why does everyone have a good life but her? Minseo chews on her lower lip, looking at the fully renovated house in the middle of the other houses. Quickly, she grabs her stuff from the backseat and steps out from the car before carefully heading toward the gate and push the bell, before that huge wooden gate opens to let her in.

 

She becomes more nervous as she was greeted with silences. It feels like there is no one here, just her and nervous self.

“Hello?”, as she arrived in front of the clear transparent sliding door, she calls out as she sees no one here. There is no way she would slide the door open and barge into a stranger’s house, just like that. They probably have laser detection sensor that might put her into jail because of barging into luxurious house like that. She waits patiently even her legs are killing her now. It feels numb yet painful to stand.

 

Before she could say anything, a woman in her late 40s comes from the kitchen immediately greets her at the door.

 

“You must be Minseo right? The house keeper,” she says with a bright rosy smile, making Minseo bows politely, considered she is older than her.

 

“Nice to meet you,” Minseo says with a small smile. She is mesmerized with how beautiful the lady looks like in real life. Her light brown eyes are bright and gorgeous, with the small-neat bun she decorated with a flower hair pin. The dress she wraps herself with, making her milky skin color stands out even more than usual. Her family must have a good genetic, she wonders, how her kids would look like?

 

“I’m sorry I made you wait. I was making breakfast. Oh! have you eaten your breakfast? You can join us if you haven’t,” the smile that hasn’t left her lips, risen even more. Minseo remains silent for a while. Us? What does that mean by us? There are more people here? Minseo thoughts to herself.

 

“I have mine but thank you. It’s very sweet of you,” she politely rejects it as she didn’t know how to react to this. This lady is friendly but Minseo didn’t know to accept it well. Her eyes linger around the house. It’s almost empty with a minimum furniture. She assumes this is a new house. The older woman raises her eyebrows before nodding, understand. She probably notices how awkward Minseo must be.

 

“I’m sorry I talk too much, let me show you the house. Is everything ready, dear?” she sounds apologetic, making Minseo feels bad for making her feels that way. She shakes her head, laughing it out.

 

“No, no. You’re fine, it’s just me who is bad at giving reactions. But really, thank you for your warmness. It makes me feel less tension,” she laughs, more like to herself. Why does she have to make this become awkward? The old lady just smiles while showing her every inches of the house.

“I’m glad you feel that way. Just loosen yourself and take your time, cleaning the house. There will be no one here, though. You can work with peace,” she says while showing the girl Minseo nods as they reach the kitchen, which can fit probably 50 people.

 

“I’m going out for a while. Will you be okay alone?” the old lady asks before packing her stuffs. She frowns in doubts as if she is leaving a small child. Minseo nods, laughing. Why does this woman reminds her of someone? Someone that overly caring for stranger like her? They exchange goodbye before Minseo was left, alone.

 

She looks around. Now, it confuses her where to begin. Why does this house make her feel something odd? Like it has familiar scent and vibes that she can’t remember what it is. It just, there is an odd feeling gushes into herself that make her feel like, somebody is close to her. She shakes her head. This must be the aftermath effect of those medicines she consumed. She must have gone crazy. Minseo groans and starts her work.

 

**

“Don’t you think we have problem, Namjoon?” Jihyo speaks. There is clearly a hint of pain in her voice, trying to get the answer from her man, beside her. Namjoon says nothing. His eyes fixed, outside the car window. It is pouring outside with thunder and storms. Just like his eyes and heart.

 

“Answer me,” she says again, reaching the big rough hands on his thigh. Her voice becomes smaller as she is holding back the tear in her eyes. She wants him to look at her, just like before. Namjoon holds his head before groaning, loud. He looks at the girl he has been spending his life for 3 years. His eyes, glisten in pain and anger that he couldn’t describes how it feels like. There is fire of anger and pain.

 

“You cheated on me, Jihyo,” his voice almost break. There is deep silence.

 

All the roses and candle light dinner he had prepared for his girl were scattered the moment he saw her kissing another man. All the efforts and time he had given despite how busy he is, were vanished into ashes the moment he saw her in another man’s embrace. His heart scattered into pieces, the broken pieces he wasn’t sure whether he would get those back in one piece. He loves her so much. But why does it feel like it was nothing?

 

Jihyo cries, out of sudden. Tears streaming down her cheeks. She can’t say a word because it’s true.

 

“I’m sorry, Namjoon. I’m really sorry,” she says between sobs. Her hands never left Namjoon’s even he couldn’t care less about it. Namjoon looks at her, who is crying her heart out. She is the most beautiful girl he had ever met, he loves every inches of that girl that it hurts him to see her like this.

 

“Don’t you want to ask me why, Why don’t you ask me why I did this,” she says in a low husky voice. She wipes those salty tears with her back hand, leaving the mascara smudge under her eyes.

“Why? Why did you do that to me?” his voice becomes colder and stiff. There is no emotions in it, which make Jihyo cries even more. His dead eyes look deeply into her teary ones.

“Because you barely there when I need you,” she speaks, a bit louder. It sounds like she is holding her anger in her cry. Namjoon speechless.

“We already agreed that we would understand each other,”

“But you barely make any time for me!! I didn’t agree for that!!” she shouts, she looks at thatman furiously. Not sure whether it’s an anger or pain.

“Communicate with me but you chose to cheat. Does he treat you better than me? Is that so?” he sounds hurted. His eyes are pooled with tears that he has been holding on to. Jihyo says nothing, she looks away outside the window. Tring to get her mind back into its state.

 

“You don’t know how many sleepless nights I’ve been spent, with you in my mind. How much I missed you these days that it hurts me at night. How much I want to be there with all the time even it sounds almost impossible. But, you are out here, kissing another man. Does it sound great to you? Did you ever think of me, not even once?” his head tilts to her in his side, not knowing what else to be discussed. Everything is a mess. Jihyo lets out a small sobs before smirking.

 

“You don’t even ask me how am I doing, how my day was. He did that to me. He makes me feel secure even he isn’t the one who should be doing that. It’s you but you can’t do it because you’re ing busy with your music” they exchange eye contacts.

 

“Do you love him?” he asks out of sudden. The frown in Namjoon’s face become deeper, hoping inside that she would give him the answer that he wants to hear. But sadly, it’s not happening.

 

Jihyo says nothing which is the answer to Namjoon’s curiousity. Curiousity does kill, right? It kills him. Her gaze fixed into his eyes, giving him an unsure answer. He sighs and nods, understand. He had lost her now.

 

“I don’t think this is going to work out,” he adds. Jihyo gasps.

 

‘You want to break up?”, she becomes shaky. Her pupils dilated.

 

“If this is the best, I guess it’s over. I don’t want to hurt us anymore”, his voice fades as he looks outside. It’s all empty. Jihyo bites her lower lip, holding another tears. Perhaps, she thought Namjoon would fight for this relationship but not anymore. He has changed. He used

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter