19 - heart and beat

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There is no way you want us to get on that thing,” Taehyung’s eyes widen at the bunch of people screaming their lungs out. The sight of the huge and thick rope makes his saliva feels like a big chunk in his throat. Minseo nods with a big smile plasters all over her face. Bungee jumping has been in her wishlist since forever and to think that Daegu has one of the biggest theme park, there is no way they are leaving without trying it.

 

“It’s really fun, I promise. Don’t you think jumping from that tall building is fun?” her voice squeaks in excitement everytime she looks at the few people risking their lives just to be tied and jumping from god-knows-how-tall the building is. Taehyung shakes his head and walks away from her, making Minseo frowns.

 

“Do you seriously find any joy in that, uhm I don’t know, maybe, I-wanna-have-fun-but-if -i-die-that’s-fine kinda sport? Minseo, no. We are trying something else. Come on,” Taehyung shakes his head and takes her hand before she brushes him away. She wouldn’t budge.

 

“No, pleaseee. I really want to try it, once in a lifetime. Just once. Pleaseeee, Taehyung,” she rubs her palms and pleads to him with her best puppy eyes. She doesn’t know how puppy eyes look like but she gotta drag him to risk their lives together. Isnt that what married couple do? Minseo’s inner self laughs. Taehyung crosses his arms and looks at her with a very confused eyes. She stopped begging and looks at him back.

 

“Ok, so you don’t know how bungee jumping feels like?” he asks. Minseo shakes her head.

 

“So, you don’t care if you die?” his eyes become sharp and his eyebrows furrow even more. Minseo bites her lower lip while looking away from his stern eyes.

 

“Well, we all die soon or later,” she says innocently while shrugging, trying to hold herself from laughing. Taehyung’s horrified and shocked expression almost make her burst. This man is bigger, taller and stronger than her but why does he look like a little child, who can’t believe that santa doesn’t exist? Minseo mouthed ‘What’ when Taehyung looks at her, surprised and shocked.

 

“Wow, you are crazy,” he says while shaking his head. The look on his face says , ‘I cant believe I’ve just got married to a crazy girl whom risking her life for bungee jumping’.

 

“I know. Now, stop with the talks. Let’s go,” she quickly grabs his wrist and drags him to the bungee jumping place but just like before, Taehyung stops her.

 

“No, we are not going,” Taehyung grabs her wrist back and the change in his voice tells her that he is serious. Knowing that, her mood immediately turns sour. She loose her wrist from Taehyung’s hand, making him look at her. They exchange eye contact but unlike before, it’s full of annoyance and pissed.

 

Taehyung raises his brow when she says nothing, just stare.

 

“Are you really doing this to me?” her voice becomes small and distant, making Taehyung is taken aback a bit when her face becomes red. She looks like she’s going to cry anytime soon and it makes him panic. He takes a step closer to her but she stops him.

 

“That’s fine, I’m gonna go there by myself,” she breaks the eye contact and turns back before leaving Taehyung behind. She doesn’t care. She needs to do the bungee jumping or she will end up regretting her life. This is how serious it is.

Before she walks even further, Minseo can feel Taehyung’s warm hand wraps around her small waist, making she turns back at him. When she looks at him, his hot breath touches her face. Again, Minseo was striked by the electricity.

 

“Looks like someone is mad at me,” he looks down at her with a small and playful smile across his lips. Striking her with his deep gaze. God, this man is beautiful.

Minseo pouts and looks away before Taehyung breaks the skin contact. She coughs a little, trying to ease the tingle she has under her skin. She can feel Taehyung’s playful gaze on her but does she have the audacity to look back? No.

 

“Alright, alright. Fine. I’ll be there with you but I’m not going to jump my soul off that building. Okay?” he breaks the silence when Minseo’s pout is still there. He rubs his back head, probably nervous about the sport.

 

Minseo’s face lights up as soon as he agreed. She knows Taehyung won’t disappoint her and all the cringey thing she did just now, just an acting. She smiles before taking his hands.

 

“Gotcha!” she says excitedly and runs to the bungee jumping place, to risk her life. Taehyung looks confused at her sudden mood swings.

 

“Hey! Was that an acting?” Taehyung whines.

 

**

“You look weird with this helmet,” Taehyung does a little poke on Minseo’s helmet while she is trying to adjust the safety equipment all over her body and head. She whines and stops him from keep poking on her head.

 

“Are you sure you’re not going to try this? I swear you’ll be born again, it’s nice” Minseo grins. It’s a little bit exaggerating but who cares? It might be taking your soul out but it’s fun. Taehyung looks unconvinced with her bad promotion.

 

“So, this is coming from someone, who didn’t know how bungee jumping feels like? It’s scary, Minseo. You might see the preview of hell while you are jumping. You still have time to back off” just like Minseo, Taehyung is also good at exaggerating things. He peaks at the platform and he didn’t know anything scarier than this. It makes him shudder.

 

“Nope,” she won’t budge. Before Taehyung tries to change her mind, the instructor calls her.

 

“Miss, it’s your turn,” a guy with a pretty huge figure tells her and she immediately agrees. Taehyung looks horrified at how cheerful she is. This girl can fight Thanos, he thought.

 

“But, since the wind is quite heavy today, one of our instructors needs to jump with you for safety reasons. Is that okay for you?” the guy named Seungwoo says while looking at Taehyung and Minseo for consideration. He probably knows that Taehyung might be her boyfriend.

 

Minseo raises her eyebrows.

 

“Ah, really? I’m completely fine with it. Are you going to assist me?” she says without looking at Taehyung’s changed expression. Seungwoo shakes his head before looking around.

 

“That guy will assist you. He is good at assisting people,” he smiles while pointing at the guy, who is preparing the equipment. He is bit slimmer and taller than Seungwoo but has a more solid muscles and figure, making he looks trustable to lean on. Weird but truth.

 

Minseo nods with a small smile across her lips. That guy cute.

 

“Are we going now?” she says impatiently for her first jump. Seungwoo looks worried when Minseo didn’t even ask Taehyung anything.

 

“Uhm, are you okay with that, sir?” he asks, looking at Taehyung’s stoic expression.

 

“He can’t jump with me, so he is okay with that. Don’t worry,” before Taehyung could say anything, Minseo cut him off by assuming things. Well, it’s not like he’s going to jump with her. Taehyung says nothing. Seungwoo nods and walks to the platform when it’s Minseo’s turn.

 

Taehyung stands a bit far from them since he has nothing to do with the things. From far, he can see Minseo and the slim guy greets each other with a smile and laugh. He is definitely tall because he towers over her tiny figure.

 

“So, how are we going to do this?” Minseo asks the slim guy named Jeonghan. He suddenly grabs both of her hands and wraps it around his waist.

 

“You need to tighten the hug with your fingers locked with each other,” he whispers. He has a very melodic voice, unlike typical man but it definitely sounds nice to ears. Minseo does as she was told, she wraps her arms around his waist and lock it with her fingers, making her face buried exactly on his chest.

 

“Then, I’m going to wrap my arms around you, like this,” he immediately locks his arms around her petite body to make the position firm. Minseo breathes and she can feel his chest vibrate as he laughs.

 

“Why are you laughing?” she asks while peeking up at him. Jeonghan shakes his head while holding himself from laughing.

 

“I don’t know. You’re so small, I feel like hugging my petite girlfriend, no offence” his melodious voice cooes and it’s making Minseo lifts her lips. He definitely has warm and broad embrace but he is nothing close to Taehyung’s. It’s weird how this guy have same height and build like Taehyung but she can’t feel the same like Taehyung gives to her. Love is really like that.

 

“Are you ready?” Seungwoo asks for confirmation and she nods.

“No, she is not,” Taehyung’s voice suddenly fills up the space as he comes closer to them. Everyone looks confused, especially Minseo, who immediately breaks the hug just to look at her husband. Her eyes widen when he is all set with the equipment all over his body. The only thing that caught her is his face is tight as hell. For some reason, he looks damn hot.

 

“Taehyung, what are you doing?” Minseo asks him, ignoring Jeonghan, who is also confused.

 

“I’m going to do this with you,” he says with his eyes pierce into her eyes. He comes closer to her on the platform and not even breaking his eyes off her. Minseo gulps.

 

“How do you do that?” Taehyung whispers to her before he takes her arms and wraps it around his waist, just like Jeonghan did. Minseo nervously clasped her fingers together, locking their bodies. Then, Taehyung brings her stiff head close to his chest before locking her small body with his huge arms. She swears her legs become wobbly. This is it. This is that feel when Taehyung touches her. Jeonghan can’t do this, nobody can do it like Taehyung.

 

“Wow, you’re actually good,” Seungwoo is impressed at how neat and skillful Taehyung. Taehyung looks at him.

 

“Thanks, I have few experience,” he says, almost cocky. Minseo looks up despite her face gets buried in his chest. But, Taehyung quickly bring her head down back.

 

“You had experience? You have tried this before?” she mumbles.

 

“Yeah, I have certificate for being the instructors before,” he whispers while looking down. Fear shows on his face. Minseo gasps.

 

“So, you’re trolling me. I can’t believe this,” she mumbles even more, trying to make herself feels better. Why is Taehyung always a few things ahead of her and she didn’t know that?

 

“Shut up, Minseo. I’m focusing. I don’t want to piss my pants when we jump,” he whispers in a stoic voice making Minseo chuckles at his bluntness. She knows Taehyung is trying look cool while he is actually scared. She nods silently and tighten the hug between them before the instructors tells them it’s time to jump.

 

So, they jump to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter