07 - Calls

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Right after she finished her food, she immediately excused herself to go back since everything is done, perfectly on time.

 

“It’s fine, I’ll manage,” Taehyung said when she offered to clean up the dishes.

 

“Thank you for the food, it tastes delicious,” she said in small smile while taking her things with her. The messy bang on her forehead was swiped quickly. Taehyung nods, not even once breaking the eye contact with her.

 

“See you later, Taehyung,” she said and left immediately. She wasn’t sure if she would be here again next time. And perhaps, in her heart, she wants to meet him again, anywhere. Definitely not in any embarrassing situation. She sighed and drove away from the neighbourhood. Her mind went blank. What was that conversation they had earlier? It was tense and there is some kind of unknown curiousity in herself, to get to know him.

 

She shakes her head when it disturbs her focus.

 

Minseo flinches from her thoughts when her cell phone rings. All the thoughts from the earlier incident vanish just like that. She grabs the phone from the dashboard.

 

“Hi Namjoon,” she speaks when Namjoon’s name is all over the phone’s screen. A part of her relieves that Namjoon finally calls her considered how sullen he was before. Her face drops when she hears his voice breaks. Panic gushes into her.

 

“Hey, are you okay? What happen?” she asks, curious and nervous.

 

“I’m at your place. I need someone,” his voice is so small that Minseo knows there is something wrong happened to him. She immediately thinks of someone that would make him become this weak.

 

Not too long after that, she comes home and sees Namjoon leans against the wall with a very depressing face. Everyone would think he has some kind of world class problems with that face. Minseo shut the car’s door and come near to get Namjoon.

 

“Buddy, are you good?”, she asks even she knows the answer is the opposite one. The man in her blue coat looks up to her and sighs heavily.

 

“Cook me something nice. I’m sad,” he forces a smile before taking her cold hands into his and get inside. Just as much as how confused she is right now, she says nothing.

**

 

Minseo raises her eyebrows, looking at Namjoon who is silently munches on his food. He makes the chicken stew and stir fried spinach that Minseo cooked, look like it’s ing delicious. Minseo takes a bite of her food before putting down the spoon.

 

“Okay, now tell me what happened today?”, her frown becomes deeper once he looks at his eyes. Teary and sad.

 

“We broke up,” he says. Her eyes widen in surprise.

 

“Wait, why?”, it is too sudden for her, her jaw drops as her gaze locked on his sullen face. Somehow, his expressions just dead.

 

“She cheated on me with some random boy she probably met at her workplace,” Namjoon says through gritted teeth before leaning against the chair, looking as mess as ever. His hair is no longer neat as before. He is in mess.

 

“Jihyo cheated? Dude, I don’t believe it,” Minseo shakes her head with her eyes widen. Namjoon scoffs.

 

“Tsk, same but she really did that. I really spent 3 years for her to cheat on me,” he sighs. Their eyes locked but there is no response from Minseo. She is clueless.

 

“Did you ask her why? Or at least ask her to stay?”.

 

Namjoon looks at her, almost pissed.

 

“You really thought I would ask her to stay? To ing stay when all she did was breaking my heart like this? Are you serious, Minseo?”, he holds the anger that is building in himself, not really trying to be pissed at Minseo.

 

She gulps. This is her first time seeing Namjoon behaves that way. She shakes her head, immediately.

 

“Calm down for sake, what I meant is did you ask her why she did that? There must be a reason why, there is hella no way she would cheat on you just like that, Jihyo is a sweetheart”

 

“She was a sweetheart but not anymore,”

 

Silences fill up the space. Minseo lost at words. By looking at how furious he became, she knows Namjoon’s mind isn’t in right state. As a friend, she knows how miserable he is now and she doesn’t want to make it worse.

 

“Let’s stop talking about this. You wanna  watch some good movies with your favourite chocolate smoothie?” she says with a smile while standing up, not even finishing her food. Namjoon looks at her before his face lighten up a bit.

 

“Sounds nice,” he smiles, showing off his small dimples.

 

**

 

Minseo’s and Namjoon’s laughter is mixed with the sounds from the movie that is being played on her laptop. They are lying comfortably on the couch while munching some chips and chocolate smoothie. It’s been a long time since they hang out comfortably with just random movies and snacks. Minseo glances at Namjoon besides her, he has calmed down a bit even she knows he isn’t completely okay.

 

“Anyway, where did you go this morning? Your ankle is still injured” Namjoon asks her out of sudden, which makes Minseo looks at him, nervously.

 

“Me? Err, Wendy. I went to meet Wendy,” she lies even she knows she is bad at it. Namjoon frowns.

 

“Really? Don’t tell me you were out there, working like usually did,”. Minseo shakes her head and grins nervously.

 

She tilts her body, facing him.

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure,”

 

“Let’s say, if a man, I mean, stranger concerns about a girl he just met, what does that mean? I know this is weird question but since you are a man, so?” she raises her right eyebrow while biting her lower lip. This is so awkward for her because this is her first time, asking Namjoon that kind of question.

 

“Uhm, because he is being nice?”, he answers. Minseo isn’t satisfied.

 

“Details please,” she sounds desperate but she didn’t care.

 

“I don’t know how to say this but it could be two reasons. He is being nice or he likes you,”

 

Minseo’s heart skip a beat at his last sentences. At some point, there is a little joy sparks in her heart without any reason why. She stares at Namjoon even her mind isn’t here.

 

“Is it true?” she asks, holding her sudden excitement. Namjoon nods.

 

“Man is simple. There is no other reason why he is overly nice to girls, especially stranger he just met, unless he likes them,”.

 

They exchange look before Namjoon gives him sly smile.

 

“Why did you ask this, Minseo? Are you asking this because a stranger hits on you?” he crosses his arms and gives her I-know-what-you-did-there look. Minseo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter