12 - Roller Coaster

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?” she blinks in disbelief at Taehyung. Her frown becomes deeper when Taehyung looks at her with no any expressions. Straight and poker, which makes her becomes more confused.

 

“You’re staying here,” he replies in his usual tone before throwing himself onto the couch. Before Minseo could say anything, he sits there and munches on the chips. Minseo freezes on her spot, trying to digest what exactly does it mean by that. She is staying here? Alone with him? Somebody is joking here.

 

Quickly, she walks infront of him and block his view from watching the Netflix. Why does he act like nothing happened? Is this how friends look like? Taehyung looks at her with his infamous puppy eyes, making Minseo almost melts and drown away but she quickly gets her sense back. This guy has some kind of charms on her but she needs to be serious.

 

“What do you mean by that? Why do I need to stay here with you?” she asks with frown and confused all over her face. Taehyung is weird. He makes her want to question the reason and meaning of everything that he did to her. In fact, deep inside, there is tiny spark light up from her heart whenever he shows concern. Perhaps it’s nothing to him but everything to her.

 

He raises an eyebrow before flashing her, his signature boyish smile. His eyes disappear, becoming an eyesmile. In a blink of eyes, she can feel sensation in her heart, making it beats faster than usual. His fresh look and fresh cologne just make everything better. He grins and leans against the sofa before locking his gaze on her beautiful almond-like eyes. He says nothing, making Minseo raises an eyebrow back at him. Is he going to compete whose gaze is the sharpest? Minseo knows this is that battle she can’t win. God knows how sharp and…..y his eyes are. She gulps her saliva, not even once breaking the eye contact with him.

 

“Are we going to keep looking at each other and not saying anything?” she breaks the silence sarcastically, earning another grin from the man. He shakes his head.

 

“I’m thinking about the answer to your question,” he says.

 

“What is it?” she asks, curious kills her but she holds herself from looking desperate. This guy is telling her to stay in a house with him. How can she not curious about that?

 

“I like you being here,” he finally says, his husky voice almost faded but still sound fierce and y as he almost whispers. His eyes changed from warm into that kind of beast and dark. It’s not scary or terrifying but y and dominant kind of eyes, making Minseo freezes even more on her feet. She can feel his words and gaze are coming and sting her right on its place. Suddenly, her whole body feels hot and tingly, her legs become wobbly like somebody just torture her physically.

But, no one did anything. It’s just words and she can’t think straight anymore. Quickly, she looks away from his eyes and trying to respond but Taehyung cut her off.

 

“I like your vibes and you’re such a good company. Seeing you makes me feel better,” he adds, casually without knowing the effect he has on her. It tingles her yet she feels happy inside. For some reason, she knows it comes from him, sincerely. Taehyung is very good at word and she trust him, his every little words. It’s weird she can trust a person this quick but it’s different when it comes to him. Little did she knew, she is falling into him, slowly.

 

“Uhm..thanks?” she has no idea how to react because she lost at words. The conversation suddenly feels heavy yet comfortable to carry on. Not even once, she exchanges eye contact again with him.

 

“But I’m going back. I can’t stay here with you. It’s just….i mean, uhm you know. I can’t do this. You don’t have to worry about me, I’ll manage it by myself”.

 

What the hell did you say? You know you want it too. Oh my god, Look at this dumb . Don’t pretend as if you don’t want to be with him. You want him. Her inner self screams at her and she thinks she is right. Just why her stupid mouth rejects it? Every parts of her know she wants to stay.

 

Taehyung looks bit taken aback but he sighs.

 

“You’re really stubborn, don’t you know?” he says and Minseo becomes speechless.

 

“Why do you always think you can manage to do everything, alone? That’s ego. You need someone to take care of you too. Don’t pretend you are strong all the time because you’re not. Sometimes, it would be nice if you lean on anyone or someone,” his tone changes immediately. The grins and smile disappear from his face, leaving his sharp gaze stares right into her soul. His jaw clenches and Minseo knows he is being serious. He is mad.

 

“What do you mean? I’m not pretending I’m strong. I seriously can manage this alone because I already get used to this. I’ve been doing this since I was young so I’m fine, okay? You don’t have to worry,” Minseo is pissed at how he worded his words. Is it egoistic to look strong and not depending on anyone else? Is it selfish to keep standing alone without someone behind your back? She shakes her head before taking her stuffs, trying to leave.

 

“You know the gangsters will find you if you walk alone. Is it hard to actually acknowledge your own safety?” Taehyung stands up, still not letting her go. Minseo stops and turn around.

 

“I know it and I’m gonna figure it out by myself if I’m at my home. You really think I’m that weak? Thank you for being there when I was in need yesterday but I’ll make sure I won’t burden you anymore”. She doesn’t know what comes to her but she finds it’s weird that one moment, she is head over heels with Taehyung and she can only imagine beautiful things with him. One time, Taehyung really makes her pissed and annoyed. What is this feeling? It’s confusing.

 

“Wow, you are super duper hella damn stubborn, Minseo. I don’t know how your parents raised you but they are really strong and amazing,” he answers, brushing his hair, looking annoyed at her counterback.

 

Minseo stunned but she knows, Taehyung has no other intentions

 

“Well, they are. Thanks,” she rolls her eyes and try to leave again.

 

“Ask someone to take care of you,” he adds and Minseo stops.

 

“But who? Even my sister ditched me, Taehyung. Now, you are telling me that I have to depend on someone else when my own sister ditched and left me with her biggest best ‘gift’ ever? How can I trust someone else if I can’t even trust my family anymore?” out of nowhere, tears prick on her eyes, thinking about what her sister did to her. How can a sister by blood did that? It’s like damaging your own flesh. But, Minseo knows how Yejin never give any about her. She is selfish.

 

There is an awkward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter