05 - Our Second Time

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Those pair of eyes that she almost got lost in it, are staring deeply into her teary brown eyes. It seems like time has stopped for a while and there are only 2 people, staring into each other’s eyes. Minseo blinks for few seconds before getting her sense back.

 

“Can you get up? It looks like you hurt your legs,” Taehyung said with a deep frown on his forehead while putting down the water bottle in his right hand. He is all sweaty and breathing rapidly. Minseo says nothing and winches when she feels her legs are all numb and cramp. It’s damn painful and she can’t think straight now.

 

“I can’t move my legs, it’s really painful,” she said, almost sobbing. Taehyung gives a look at her left ankle, it’s slightly bruised. Before she could say anything, he takes out a cold pack from the small pouch that he carries with him that day and unpacks it. It’s just a small blue pouch that would fit small things.

 

Taehyung brings Minseo’s injured ankle, closer to him carefully, he worries that it would make it worst if he didn’t do it properly and with care. Minseo holds her sobs. Well no matter how painful it is, she doesn’t want to look like a spoilt baby. Especially, there is a man here. She have to be strong or maybe, look strong. She bites her lower lips, holding any scream or anything that would embarrassed her.

 

The cold pack is carefully put on her ankle to ease the pain for awhile. She flinches a second when the cold stuff touches her skin. Her eyes locked on that stuff without realising that Taehyung is looking at her.

 

“Is it hurt? Or better?”. He asks in his raspy, rough and deep voice that sounds weirdly good in her ears. She looks at him, who are few inches from her face. She finds it’s so hard to breathe whenever their eyes locked. It’s just another eye contacts but why does it make her blush? And feel something different? Minseo looks away immediately. 

 

“Yes, better,” she answers in low voice, almost can’t be heard by ears. Well, it’s not any better but she can’t think straight right now. Taehyung inhales deeply before standing up, leaving the cold pack on her.

 

Minseo looks up. Is he leaving? Well, he must be since she felt better and there is no point of him to stay either. They are just another stranger.

 

Minseo lost in her thoughts. Her hand presses the cold pack on her skin, to ease the pain away before she could stand up again. If she can. Before he leaves, she has to thank him for this. 

 

“Thank yo-“

 

“Get on”, he said before squatting in front of Minseo with his back facing her. Minseo’s eyes widen at his broad shoulder. Did this guy just tell her to get on him? Is he going to piggyback her?

 

“No, no that’s fine. I can walk now. Thank you so much for that,” she waves her hands, telling him that’s fine.

 

For some reason, she wants to get on his back and follow to wherever he wants to bring her. But, at some point, she decided to say no. There is something about him that makes her feel intimidated.

 

Taehyung tilts his head, glancing at her before shake his head.

 

“We both know you barely can stand up, let alone walk. Get on me, i can bring you to the hospital. The bruise looks awful,” he says in stern voice that left Minseo dumbfounded. The bruise indeed looks awful now but is it okay to get piggyback, during the daylight? 

 

She lets out a small sighs before moving closer to the man. She closes her eyes before get on his back. Minseo screams a little, the pain is great.

 

“Do you trust me?”, he looks over his shoulder and his lips are few inches away from Minseo’s. There are silences.

 

“Yes i trust you,” she said in low voice. Taehyung smiles a little before leaving from the park.

 

***

 

“You don’t have to do this, here take this,” she said, almost annoyed before handing a few bucks to Taehyung who keeps refusing her.

 

She pouts while adjusting her bed. Minseo got warded because of dehydration and injured ankle. She thought it would be a quick visit to hospital and she would leave immediately but it turns out different. Now, she is here with other sick people who might had it worse than her. 

 

And one more thing, Taehyung is still here, beside her bed. Why won’t he leave? Minseo is clueless.

 

“I don’t want to be rude but why won’t you leave?”, suddenly, she breaks the silence between them. Taehyung who is busy looking at his phone, looks up to her. He looks around, finding somebody.

 

“Because no one is here for you yet. Have you called your parents or friends?”

 

Minseo raised his eyebrows . Does that mean he waited here because he didn’t want me to be alone? He is weirdly caring for stranger like her. 

 

“Uhm, I don’t have anyone that close to call but i’m fine here. I’m so sorry i gave you hard time. But really, thank you so much for this,” she tries so hard not to look sad or depressed. She is a bit sensitive when her parents get mentioned, it will never be easy to handle that but she can’t blame Taehyung for that. She smiles softly, giving him a look. 

 

“Don’t be sorry. The bruise looks severed that it scares me,” he stiffles a soft laugh and winches at her bandaged ankle. She can’t help but laughs too. Maybe her scream was eerily loud that it scares that man too. Minseo is mesmerised. His smile looks ridiculously charming and it takes her breath away the moment he laughs. She wonders, how will Irene and Jennie react to him? 

 

“I’m sure today isn’t really for me,” she rubs her back head. It’s awkward here. She doesn’t know how this conversation going to be. Did he forgot her? The room keeper yesterday? 

 

“We have met before right?”, he asks, out of sudden, out of curiosity. Of course they did, it was yesterday. 

 

Minseo nods, not knowing how to react exactly. 

 

“We did but it wasn’t a nice first meet though,” 

 

He grins. 

 

“Well there was a misunderstanding yesterday and i didn’t get to explain,” 

 

Minseo giggles. 

 

“You don’t have to explain, though. It’s my fault for not giving any damn about the director’s son. It should be my job to know,”. She sure Irene and Jennie would know this better.

 

“Maybe it has been long time since i left Korea, they probably forgot how I looked like”,

 

“You weren’t here?”

 

“Yeah, i studied in Japan,”

 

Her lips part at his answer. That’s why everyone went nuts when he came. Most of the staff there work longer than her so they probably know about him better than she did.

 

“Do you want to eat anything?”.

 

Minseo is getting hella confused at his overly caring toward her. Why is this guy care and concern too much to a stranger like her? She scares that she would fell in love with him if he keeps doing things he isn’t supposed to do. 

 

Her inner self laughs. Fall in love? Try again. Plus, with someone who probably has everything in his life. Looks, wealth, career. What else? She is nothing, compared to someone like him. Maybe Taehyung already has a girlfriend.

 

“It’s fine, Mr Taehyung. This would be good. I think it would be better if you go back home now, i took your time a bit much,” she points at the chocolate bread and a small mineral water on the desk, beside the bed. 

 

“Just call me Taehyung. You make it sounds like I’m a man in his late 30s, I feel offended,” he faked hurt by crossing a hand on his chest before grins like a little kid. A charming little kid. Minseo blushes again. This is not good for her heart.

 

“Okay, Taehyung,” she hides a smile when she says the last word. It feels odd yet nice without the honorific. But, it’s somehow awkward , considered she is another worker at his dad’s hotel. Is this okay?

 

He gets up and grabbing his stuffs from a small drawer beside the bed. His hair sticks to each other as the sweat from his hair isn’t entirely dried up yet. Taehyung has a broad shoulder and buffy chest which makes Minseo quickly looks away. He would be uncomfortable if someone looks at him like he would get eaten in any minutes. She doesn’t want him to think about her like that. 

 

He glances at the clock before getting ready to leave.

 

“Are you sure you will be okay?”. She nods. She will be okay. Not like she has anyone to depend on. Namjoon is busy, she wouldn’t want to ruin his day because of her twisted ankle. She will be okay.

 

“Super good,” she makes an ‘Ok’ motion with her fingers.

 

“Good to see you, Minseo,”

 

***

“Here is my son,” as soon as he steps inside the house, he was greeted warmly by a middle aged man, dressed in a casual attire. Taehyung looks surprised. The fact that his father is here at home is something else, let alone with the casual attire. He usually in his work suit which makes sense because he is never home.

 

“I thought you were at hotel, am I seeing things now?” he jokes before hugging that old man tightly. it’s been 2 days since he came from Japan and only today he gets to see his beloved one and only dad. He receives a smack on his arms, make he squeals.

 

“Glad you’re here .Come sit here. I have something to tell you,” Mr. Junho says, pointing at empty the leather sofa, opposite to him. Mrs. Gaeun, his mother comes with a plate of snacks and hot tea. Taehyung smells something fishy. What is it that he wants to tell him? Is it that important?

 

“Honey, isn’t it too early? He just came back from Japan,”. She says with frowns all over her face while pouring the hot Earl Grey tea that she recently bought from France last month into the glass cups before handing it to her husband. Mr. Junho sips the tea a little and shakes his head, strongly disagrees. 

 

“This is the right time. If it’s not now then when is the perfect time to tell him? He is free now,” 

 

Okay this is confusi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter