02 - One step

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseo shuts the car door quietly before lazily digging into her cotton bag, to find the house’s key. Her eyes closed shut, she is super tired or to be exact, extremely tired. She barely had any minutes to sit, to even take a deep breath today. One time she has to guide a tourist to the nearest toilet even it’s super easy to find. One time, she has to force a smile and apologise for thousand times to an old man and woman, a rich married couple who barely know the etiquette in hotel. Imagine, bringing pets into the hotel, a place with obvious warning “No pet allowed”. And, because she works as someone who will always keep up with this bulls, Minseo just smiled and keep repeating the hotel’s policy to these brats.

 

God knows how much she wants to smack their heads so they would think straight again but yeah, she can’t do that. That day went quite long than usual that it makes her tired and sleepy.

 

When the door opens, she switches the lights quickly and glances at the clock against the walls.

 

It’s almost 12am. She sighs heavily and walks into her room. This is her house. Small and stuffy, just enough for a single one like her. It’s uncomfortable for sure but the price is reasonable and affordable so she won’t complaints much.

 

The fact that the house is clean and rats free, is enough. Gives her a million worth house but if there is rat? Nope thank you, she will live here. Forever.

 

She throws herself onto the single bed and lets out a small moans, enjoying the soft and comfy sheets that she just changed yesterday. It smells like home, she thinks to herself. She rolls for few times before staring at the plain ceiling.

 

No sounds. Just a small noise from the neighbour. Her mind goes blank. It makes her confused sometimes, is this that life she wants? Is she going to live this way, forever? The thoughts scare her but she brushes it off quickly. It scares to think that she won’t be able to live her life like she used to dream when she was a little. Nobody wants to live this.

 

Everything was ruined the day her parents passed away. She thought it would be okay but her sister left her, too. She was too cruel that she can’t think about her at all. It angers her a lot.

 

Minseo rubs her eyes roughly before standing up to wash herself. She haven’t receive any calls from anyone who wants her to clean their house yet. If that means, she has the whole morning doing nothing. There is a slight excitement in herself. There are so many pending movies she haven’t watched yet.

 

Making her way to the toilet before her cellphone rings, loudly. She looks at the small device that on her bed.

 

At this hour? She frowns before reaching the cellphone. She accepts the calls and bring it to her ear.

 

“Hello?”, she said, curious.

 

“Oh hello, is this the one who does house cleaning?”, a soft and feminine voice speaks through the phone. Minseo nods, as if the caller can see it.

 

“Yes, is there anything i can help you?”

 

“When are you free because I need your service”, she says, more to requesting.

 

Minseo bites her lips. So this means she has to let go her free time tomorrow. She clears before speaking.

 

“Anytime. I’m the freelance house keeper. Tomorrow, is it fine?”, Minseo asks, cautiously. She does this with her every customers. Thanks to the flyers she used to put around Seoul. At least, it gives her jobs to do.

 

“Not tomorrow, I will inform you later on, is it okay with you?”

 

Minseo raises her eyebrows at her flex and nods again.

 

“Yeah anytime,” she replies. The caller thanked her and the conversation ended.

 

Weird flex but okay.

 

Whatever it is, she has to clean up before going to bed. Nothing is better than a good sleep.

 

***

 

That morning, Minseo stays in her house, watching some good series and listening to good musics. Nothing can beat these. She kinda miss this rare relaxing moment in her life because she gets to do everything she wants to do, even it’s just inside her tiny house. Going out cost money so she avoids that.

 

She spent her free time with few movies, new released songs and good snack. Now, she needs to get back to the reality.

 

As usual, she changes into the formal attire before heading to the receptionist table. She rolls her eyes and scrunches her nose when she sees two girls at the receptionist table. What a bad timing.

 

Jennie and Irene. She hates those two. Two girls with the most rotten personality ever. It’s from her perspective but everyone can see it. They have the worst attitude ever despite how good looking they are.

 

J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter