09 - When the night falls

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy’s car pulls over, in front of the familiar big house. Both of them look at each other.

 

“I swear to god if I do something embarrassing again, please kill me,” Minseo whispers, making Wendy laughs at her remarks.

 

“Be cool and enjoy your night. Call me when you finished,” she gives Minseo the most reassuring looks that makes Minseo relieves. She knows Wendy is the best.

 

“Thank you so much, drive safely,” she hugs the girl and carefully steps out from the Bentley. As soon as Wendy drives away, she takes the courage to ring the bell before the automatic gate slightly open, for her to come inside. She carefully takes her steps, she wouldn’t want to break Wendy’s Laboutin heels or she would be dead. The front opens, which make her surprised a little.

 

“You must be Minseo unnie, right?” a younger girl in her ponytail comes out from inside with a very welcoming smile. Minseo nods. She must be the daughter that Mrs.Gaeun said yesterday. This girl looks exactly like her, beautiful and charming. She must be in her late teens.

 

“Come inside, mom has been waiting for you,” she holds Minseo’s hands and pulls her inside, slowly. It was too quick, making Minseo obeys and steps inside to be amazed with the decorations. Two days ago, it was all plain and dull with just a few things at the corner but now, it looks full and fancy. So fancy with the chandelier hang from the ceiling, aesthetic painting on the walls and expensive furnitures fill up the space.

 

“Mom, Minseo unnie is here,” the girl says before going to her mom who is preparing stuffs, at the kitchen, just by herself. There is soft music at the back, making the place feels cozy and like home, in which it’s been a long time since she feels this way. It feels like home.

 

Mrs. Gaeun immediately looks at them in the living room before her face lighten up with joy when she sees Minseo, standing there, prettily.

 

“You’re finally here. God knows how long I have been waiting for you. Oh god, you look gorgeous” she says and pulling Minseo into her embrace with grace. Minseo hugs her back, it’s the familiar warmth, making Minseo feels secure.

 

“I’m really glad to be here and thank you for the compliments, you look amazing as usual. I smell something nice here,” she breaks the hug and sniffs cutely. The aroma of shallots and chicken definitely make her stomach growls.

 

“Few special dishes to celebrate the night. You should loosen up a bit, there is still few things I’m gonna take care of before we eat. Make yourself at home,” she smiles before going back to settle down at the kitchen. Minseo nods and stands there, awkwardly. She looks around. Where is everyone?

 

“Hey,” someone stands beside her.

 

“I’m Eunji, Kim Eunji,” the girl in her ponytail comes back with a smile plastered all over her face. She looks very friendly and approachable, making Minseo smiles at her back.

 

“Hi, Minseo, Han Minseo,” she replies before Eunji tells her to sit on the couch. She did as she told since her legs starts to ache ever since she wears the heels.

 

“You look amazing, unnie,” she says. Minseo blushes.

 

“Thank you, it’s very sweet of you,”. And that’s it. The conversation sounds edgy and dull because both of them barely know how to start the conversation.

 

“Uhm, how old are you, Eunji? You look very young,” not wanting to tense up the gaps between them, she asks, randomly.

 

“I’m actually 22 this year. Some people said that I look like the youngest and I’m not,” she pouts, making Minseo looks at her, confused and amused at her cheekiness.

 

“Why is that? It’s fun to be the youngest. You’re basically a baby in this house, everyone loves you,” she remarks. Eunji shakes her head, strongly disagree.

 

“You don’t know how evil the boys in this house, they can make you cry 2 days, straight. Especially Taehyung oppa, he is the most evil one, you know? Whatever it is, I hate to be the youngest,”. Minseo chuckles. For some reason, it sounds fun and exciting to her. She never gets to experience the fun of gathering with siblings when her only sister left her for no good. It’s devastating whenever she thinks about that. For the record, she only had her childhood memories with her family before everything fell apart.

 

Eunji’s face falls apologetically when she realises she is way too comfortable with someone she just met.

 

“Sorry, I shouldn’t talk too much, you must think I’m such annoying talkative little ,”

 

Out of sudden, Minseo laughs heartily, like it comes from her heart. Her eyes smile plastered on her face, along with the sweet smile she had been hiding for so long. Eunji looks at her before grinning.

 

“It’s dangerous that you can read my mind,” she says. Eunji’s face falls even more.

 

“Just kidding, you’re actually very cute. I feel like I’m having a little sister,” Minseo loosen up a bit on the couch, making Eunji smiles brightly, showing off her triangle smile that reminds Minseo of someone. Her eyes stare at the stairs, she feels there is a hope in herself for him to appear.

 

“You know, I’ve been always wanting a sister that I can share my things with and to be honest, it gets me when I heard mom is inviting someone whom she is very fond of. And, you turn out to be exactly like she describes. You’re beautiful too,” Eunji says with a small and shy smile across her lips. Her big eyes look at Minseo, just like a little sister would look at her big sister. Minseo’s touched at this family’s warmth. This is her first time, receiving such treatment from people. People have been treating her well but considered that she feels like home to be here, is beyond her expectations.

 

“I think we can click together. Should I call you ‘little sister’ after this? You can call me unnie, if you want,” she says before winking at Eunji who is already excited. The ponytail girl nods, aggressively which makes Minseo grins.

 

“Of course I do! Oh! We can beat Taehyung oppa’s , he has been very annoying lately,” she scoffs, not to extent of being annoyed. Minseo her lower lip at the mention of Taehyung.

 

“Is he that evil?” Minseo leans forward and brings her palm toward the side of her lips before whispering to Eunji.

 

“Eunji, stop telling people I accidently broke your favourite boy band’s light stick. People would think I’m evil,” before Eunji could respond to Minseo, a familiar voice stops them from the front door, almost making Minseo jumps. His husky and deep voice always gets Minseo, everytime. Minseo gather her courage to look at the door before her breath almost got taken away.

 

Taehyung is standing casually with his gaze stare deeply at her little sister who is all pouty and sullen. Just when did Taehyung not looking at people without his deep stare? It’s somehow hot, Minseo can’t describe it. He is beautiful as ever but it’s different tonight with the black turtle neck that wraps perfectly around his broad upper body, along with long tight jeans with the same color which compliments the long and slim legs his father gave. The semi curly hair hides his forehead, making Taehyung looks younger than the last time Minseo saw him. Why does everytime she meets him, it feels like everything is brand new. She feels like she is meeting various versions of Taehyung. The only thing that stays the same is the little joy that lights up in her heart. It’s always there.

 

“Speaking of the devil,” Eunji whispers at Minseo.

 

“Oppa, stop bringing that back. I’m still mad at you because of that,” Eunji pouts while hugging herself. Her face become cuter when she purses her small lips. Minseo stays silent, looking at the siblings, swiftly.

 

“I’ve replaced it, okay? It’s only a light stick,” Taehyung comes closer and stands right beside Minseo. Eunji rolls her eyes.

 

“It’s not the same with the one I bought with my own money. Geez, you’re so annoying, I’m gonna tell mom about this,” Eunji scrunches her nose before standing up and run to the kitchen to get her mom. Taehyung ruffles her hair while hiding a smile at his little sister, making her squeals in annoyance.

 

“Aigoo, again? You’re such a baby,” Taehyung teases her before chuckling at Eunji’s cheekiness. Then, he tilts her body to Minseo, who is hiding a smile. When she realises her gaze on her, she returns the same to Taehyung. They both exchange eye contacts.

 

“Hi,” his voice small yet it sounds deep and y.

 

“Hi,” she replies, the corner of her lips lift, hiding a small smile from that man. She can feel Taehyung is checking her from head to toe, not in creepy way. He probably can’t believe he is seeing the same person from few days ago. Minseo can’t blame him, she feels the same too.

 

“Sorry about that, she is overreacting sometimes, I bet she called me evil, right?” he grins, just a like a little boy. Minseo chuckles and shakes her head.

 

“No, she didn’t. We were talking about random things,” she lied. Yes Eunji did but it’s not like she gonna say, “Yeah Eunji called you evil and she wants to whip your with my help,”. She chuckles at the thought, in which making Taehyung smiles a little.

 

“You look different,” he speaks, making Minseo looks up at him. She isn’t sure what does he mean by different. Is it a good type of different or bad? She adjusts .

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment, I guess,” she raises her right eyebrow and shrugs. Taehyung bites his lower lips and nods in agreement.

 

“Because it is. You look amazing, like you always are,” he smiles warmly, almost making Minseo melts on the floor. The way Taehyung utters the words, didn’t give her any sort of cringes or flirtious, which makes Minseo feel comfortable.

 

“Thank you, I’ll take that as the second compliment,”. He grins and Minseo blushes. Everything about this man, always gets her.

 

“You look good too,” she says, her voice is very small, making Taehyung raises her eyebrow at her. She just smiles.

 

The conversation was interrupted by Mrs.Gaeun is telling them that dinner is ready. Both of them make the way to the table. Her eyes widen at the sight. That’s a lot.

 

“I know right, this is what my mom does when we gather. It somehow becomes her tradition,” Taehyung speaks as he saw her shocked reaction. Minseo tilts her head to Taehyung, beside her.

 

“I’m not complaining. I can’t remember the last time I had these. It feels dejavu,” Minseo says, breaking the eye contact from Taehyung’s and savouring the delicious sight with her eyes. The delicious aroma of the stir-fried beef, which is her favourite, makes her excited. Taehyung gives her an unknown look. He smiles a little at Minseo’s cute excitement.

 

Then, everyone gathers for the dinner.

 

**

 

“So you work at my hotel? How come I’ve never seen you,” Mr. Junho asks before sipping the red wine from the tall glass beside him. He lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter