Chapter 27

The Little Merman

 

He expressed gratitude to his ability to transform into a bird particularly a white swan. Jaehyun was able to blend it perfectly amongst the humans. He had been just doing that when beautiful words had filled his eardrums. At first he had thought he was just hearing things so he stayed a little longer and when he knew he wasn't imagining things he flew off elatedly.

 

Jungkook had a wedding to prepare for!

 

The first one he had to tell was Jungkook. Afterwards he would make sure to tell Jackson and Hoseok. They were going to be happy for Jungkook and they wouldn't have to worry about Jimin not kissing Jungkook. Their little red haired friend could live euphorically with his true love.

 

The white swan flew into the balcony that belonged to Jungkook's room. As he expected Jungkook was still asleep with a smile on his face. Jaehyun wondered if Jungkook was dreaming of Jimin - it'd explain the smile. Jaehyun was in his human form in seconds and gently shook Jungkook's body to wake him up.

 

"Kookie, get up! I have brilliant news!" He saw Jungkook open his eyes suddenly. The mer prince sat up, "You won't believe what I just found out!"

 

Jungkook nodded and looked as if he wanted Jaehyun to proceed, as if he was saying well, share the good news!

 

Jaehyun didn't let his friend suffer anymore, "The prince is getting married today! Kookie, you're going to be kissed and stay with him forever!"

 

Jungkook was taken back. At first he didn't believe it but he couldn't forget what had happened last night. Jimin and he had nearly kisses twice and the moments both ruined unexpectedly. Jimin had sung to him as they danced. Surely that meant something?

 

He didn't expect to be getting married so soon though. Obviously it proved that Jimin's and his life was true and something that couldn't be broken. He smiled as happy tears cascaded down his cheeks.

 

"It's true, Kookie!" Jaehyun hugged the smaller male and patted his back. "I'm so happy for you, Kook. Don't worry I'll tell Jackson and Hoseok everything!"

 

Jungkook looked at him for answers on what to do next. Jaehyun pieced up what Jungkook meant by the look.

 

"Go to your Prince Charming, Kookie!" Jaehyun applauded his friend who rose from bed and ran out of the room. He smiled softly, "If only your family could be here."

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Overtaken by the joyous emotions bubbling inside of him, Jungkook needed to see Jimin. Usually the betrothals weren't to see each other before the wedding - it was bad luck is what the mers believed. Hopefully it wasn't something humans stuck too or else he'd have to wait to see Jimin.

 

With a large, bright smile on his face he searched for Jimin. He could hear Sungwoon's voice coming from the throne room. If Sungwoon was here that must mean that he was here to see his best friend of course! Jungkook ran to the throne room and opened the door a bit to see what was going on inside. He smiled when he spotted Jimin talking to his parents, who were in front of him with satisfaction. Sungwoon was on the left of Jimin. Jungkook spotted someone standing on the other side of Jimin though.

 

It was a woman. He couldn't see her face since Jimin's and her back were facing his direction. Her black hair was long and curly. She wore a long dark purple dress that had small inched straps which showed off her pale skin. Jungkook wouldn't have been so concerned about the random woman if it hadn't been how close she was to Jimin. What made him pay more attention was when the woman grabbed Jimin's arm and got closer.

 

What? I don't understand, Jungkook thought in bewilderment as the woman let go and Jimin wrapped an arm around her waist.

 

Within seconds there were tears in his eyes and his lips were trembling. It felt like his world was all coming down. Someone had ripped out his heart and burned it. He wanted to leave but he was frozen at the spot. There had to be more to the story. It couldn't just be what he was observing from the door. There had to be an explanation.

 

Some cruel joke.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

 

"Jimin, this is all so sudden," Sejeong charmingly smiled while looking at Jimin and the woman. "We didn't know the full story to how you had gotten back to us. You said, she saved you?"

 

Jimin nodded without any emotion on his face, "I remember the most beautiful voice I had ever heard. It was her."

 

Sungwoon didn't know how the king and queen didn't realize how different their son was acting. The irony was that Jimin would live emotionlessly if he actually married a woman. His friend just confirmed he favored the company of males in contrast to females. Adding to that, Jimin said his savior had been a man not a woman.

 

There was something so off about this. Lamentably he lacked confidence that he could say a thing. It was Jimin affirming these strange statements. All of a sudden Jimin just likes women now? It appeased his parents, of course - they were waiting for this moment to occur. It wasn't right though. Something was fishy.

 

Sungwoon cleared his throat, earning everyone's attention, "Jimin, are you certain about this?" By the glares on the kings and queen's face they surely didn't want him to attend the wedding. "This is out of the blue. Maybe sleep on this?"

 

The terrifying thing was to look into his friend's eyes. Jimin appeared dead - as if his soul had been taken from his body. Sungwoon would accuse the king and queen, but how would they have done this? Just last night Jimin had been debating on starting something with the red haired boy - whose name he still didn't know. When he asked Jimin declined to answer - it had all been about her.

 

"Her" was the girl that Jimin had brought into the castle moments after Sungwoon had gotten back. He estimated that Jimin decided and would elope with the boy. He had been taken back by the random girl Jimin was holding hands with. All he had gotten out of Jimin was, "This is Jieun, she's the one - I'm going to marry her." Sungwoon didn't see his friend anymore that night.

 

He waited until now to speak to his friend. Jieun was given a room and Jeonghee tended to her once morning came and Jimin took her to see his parents. Sungwoon asked Jeonghee where his friend was - now they were in the throne room talking about the wedding Jimin was demanding for. Like proud owners of a pet, Hyoshin and Sejeong were going to "reward" their son.

 

"She's the one, Sungwoon-hyung," those words were becoming throbbing to his ears. Jimin carried on blankly at his parents, "I'm going to marry her, Appa and Umma. We wish to be married as soon as possible."

 

Hyoshin retorted, "Jimin, a wedding isn't easy to plan. It takes time and all the necessities must be gathered -"

 

Jimin cut off his father, no fear of disparaging the king, "This afternoon, Appa. The wedding ship leaves at sunset."

 

Sungwoon studied the situation. Hyoshin and Sejeong were in their own deep thoughts but they weren't disturbed one bit by this immediate occurrence. There was no hesitation in his heart that this event would take place. Jimin was going to marry Jieun. His friend was going to live unhappily - Sungwoon feared this.

 

How was he supposed to stop this? The royals would have his head if he tried anything. Jimin didn't seem to be in the correct mindset since there was not an ounce hesitance in this.

 

Hyoshin responded, "Very well, Jimin, as you wish. By sunset Miss Jieun and you will be husband and wife." Sungwoon bit down hard on his lip. This was a slipup.

 

None of them were aware of Jungkook who was in tears by what he had heard. The boy sobbed as he ran from the doorway. Jieun stole a fleeting look and smiled tenderly at Jimin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

Poor Kookie (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

We're getting closer to the end of this fairytale so stay tuned XD I can't to see what you guys think about the ending (◕ᴗ◕✿)